Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:34:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bride of Christ & the Mid-Tribulation Rapture
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bride of Christ & the Mid-Tribulation Rapture  (Read 20717 times)
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2003, 02:32:41 PM »

jax writes
Hungry for knowledge and want to understand doctrine? Want to feed on some meat, and get away from just the milk of God’s Word?

1 COR.3 [1] And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.[2] I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now
are ye able.

I have fed you with milk

ISAIAH 28 [9] Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.[10] For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:[11] For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.[12] To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk
What is this rest and what is this refreshing the WORD is speaking of that the people will not hear.

EXODUS 31 [15] Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.[16] Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.[17] It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed - There it is.

JER.6 [16] Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.[17] Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.[18] Therefore hear, ye nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them.[19] Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.

Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken
(Jesus will return at the last trumpet) I hope your listening by then
ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls

ISAIAH 58 [12] And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.[13] If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:[14] Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

The restorer of paths to dwell in

HEY JAX GOT MILK?

Early57

It is me

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2003, 08:44:40 PM »

I do not recall Jesus saying " I giveth thou the Key of Knowledge to unlockth the word withth"

Could you point out the one that tells us he gave us some knowledge keys
witness2

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »

to all christians who believe they are going to be raptured before the tribulation starts, i just have a couple questions:  why would God take His Church off the earth at the very time this world needs us most?  why would He promise us a blessing for reading, understanding, and living the words of Revelation only to take us up before any of it happens?  the pre trib theory was started because preachers were too afraid to tell their congregation that they would have to experience 42 months of tribulation, even though Jesus clearly told us "in the world you WILL have tribulation".  God didn't promise a special blessing for understanding Genesis or Samuel or John or Corinthians; He promised a special blessing for ABSORBING The Revelation of Jesus Christ to John because He knew we were going to be down here for it for 42 months and we were going to be witnessing to the unsaved through it!  don't you think your witnessing power would have a little more credibility to it if you could point verse by verse to the unfolding events of the tribulation?  don't you think your unsaved acquaintances might take a little bit more notice if you show them the verses about the two witnesses in Jerusalem, the arrival on the world scene of the anti-christ, or the fact that 1.6 billion people are about to die in the 4th seal!  the first 42 months of the tribulation will see more people come to Christ as a result of our witnessing through the Book of Revelation than in all history combined!  Jesus Christ witnessed and preached to the world for 42 months before He was taken up in the clouds and so will the church!  the evidence is overwhelming for a mid-trib rapture and i just don't know how all christians don't see it.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »

i just don't know how all christians don't see it.

This subject has caused a great deal of division among the body of Christ and it should not cause such divisions. You mention 42 months so I see that you believe in a mid-trib. Those who believe in 84 months are just as convinced as you are in 42 months. Those that believe in a pre-trib are just as convinced also. Each one is able to come up with very convincing scripture and reasons supporting their beliefs.

Not everything in scripture is revealed to us. If this were revealed to us then we would know the day, hour etc which we do not and will not until that time is on us. This un-certainity in this is actually a good thing. As we are told in Mat 24:44 "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh." Being uncertain of the time of His coming makes us be ready at all times. To continually watch as we are told to, to stay in His word following in His footsteps. This is the important portion of this scripture, not when, but to be ready, to watch, to stand fast in Christ, to continue in His work until the night is here.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2008, 03:42:51 PM »

I just want to state my opinion on why it must be a pre.
If it was a mid, we would know when the Rapture is.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2008, 06:02:13 PM »

I just want to state my opinion on why it must be a pre.
If it was a mid, we would know when the Rapture is.

Well said David!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

witness2

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2008, 07:53:07 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Michael Hollner, a minister in Jacksonville, Fl. I just finished my book on the Rapture of the Church and the Bride of Christ. Before I send it to publishers, I should like to sharpen my sword a bit, and answer any questions regarding the timing of the Rapture. I want to give this book the acid test, the Word of God, and to satisfy any doubts that the Rapture will occur in the middle of the 7 year tribulation period.

We believe if it was important enough for the Apotle Paul to tell the Thessalonians about the timing, so do we.

With all due respect and humility, I honestly do challenge anyone to come up wih even one verse of scripture for a pre-tribultion Rature. After 20 years of research, we have concluded a mid-tribulation Rapture to be a "more sure word of prophecy."

My book is available for FREE viewing, even before it gets published, and any lettes of recommendation will be printed in the book, with your name and Church you attend.. Just email me at kjvbiblejax@aol.com, and I'll send you a free copy to critique. If you approve of the book, and send a nice letter of recommendaton, your letter, along with your name and Church will be in the forward of the book which is yet to be added.

If anyone has any questions regarding this great topic, please ask your questions, and I will respond. Let's do it all in a good spirit and be good Christians here.

I'll start it off with Acts 3:19-21 KJV. Jesus cannot come back to earth UNTIL the end-time Restoration takes place through God's two end-time prophets of Rev 11:3-13 and Elijah must also first come.

Yours in Christ,

Michael Hollner

witness2

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »

well, we won't know the exact day or hour of the rapture but i think we'll know the month and year (how bout between sept. 15th and oct. 15th 2012....just to shake up all you date-a-phobics)  you have to understand that we are COMMANDED to discern the times and seasons, to not be ignorant of the coming of the Day of the Lord!  Jesus wants us with our noses in the bible, constantly searching scripture to gain understanding of this most blessed event.  i feel confident He will come for us on the Feast of Trumpets as He has already fulfilled 4 of the other Jewish feasts on the exact day they were celebrated.  what's left?....Day of Atonement and Tabernacles!
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2008, 07:16:25 AM »

you're making no sense at all

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2008, 08:49:50 AM »

Amen.

Mankind has continually attempted to put days, months and years to the rapture and such people have continually been proven wrong. Let every man be a liar but let God be true. This is not being a "date-a-phobic" it is in fact believing God's word.

Act 1:7  And He said to them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father has put in His own authority.

1Th 5:1  But of the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need that I write to you.
1Th 5:2  For you yourselves know accurately that the day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night.

Mat 24:43  But know this, that if the steward of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched and would not have allowed his house to be dug through.

Mar 13:33  Take heed, watch and pray, for you do not know when the time is.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
witness2

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2008, 02:23:40 PM »

i make no sense to the unstudied.  sorry mr. james, if you don't know about the archetype prophecies of the jewish feasts.  there were seven of them and four have been fulfilled by Jesus.  what's left after Christ comes at the feasts of trumpets (which happens in the fall, by the way) is the feast of atonement (tribulation) and the feast of tabernacles (the millenial reign of Christ).  oh, and by the way....they were all fulfilled on the exact day that they were celebrated on the jewish calendar so the remaining three will follow in kind.  study the Word to show yourself approved by GOD!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2008, 04:11:30 PM »

witness2,

Not all are seasoned Christians that are knowledgable in the doctrines of men vs the doctrines of the Bible when it comes to prophecies. Even those that are still find this subject a contentious matter amongst themselves, some to the point that they spend all of their time arguing these points and ignoring the weightier matters of scriptures.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2008, 08:22:01 PM »

i make no sense to the unstudied.  sorry mr. james, if you don't know about the archetype prophecies of the jewish feasts.  there were seven of them and four have been fulfilled by Jesus.  what's left after Christ comes at the feasts of trumpets (which happens in the fall, by the way) is the feast of atonement (tribulation) and the feast of tabernacles (the millenial reign of Christ).  oh, and by the way....they were all fulfilled on the exact day that they were celebrated on the jewish calendar so the remaining three will follow in kind.  study the Word to show yourself approved by GOD!

Hello Witness2,

WELCOME!

The world's greatest Bible Scholars have always had numerous disagreements in Bible Prophecy. A wise rule is only fools try to set dates, and there are a host of Bible Scholars over many generations who did make fools of themselves. I'll do more than guess that you aren't a Bible Scholar and neither am I. However, I am wise enough to state that Bible Prophecy will be fulfilled at God's Appointed Time. I do think that the end days of this Age of Grace MIGHT be soon, and "soon" in GOD'S Eyes could be 1,000 years.

I have known many Workmen of the Bible who labored many years in the areas of Bible Prophecy. I don't know a single one who even set a year without making a fool of themselves. It's sad that they also cast doubt on the Holy Bible with their actions, especially for the lost. We do have quite a few highly detailed threads on the forum in the area of Bible Prophecy. You should be able to easily find some writers who set dates or years, and they got nothing for all of their effort but being labeled a "False Prophet".

I've already seen the arguments for the year 2012, and I'm relatively sure that you aren't the original writer and researcher. Regardless, there are thousands of shipwrecks to look at in the past. However, you might think that you're much wiser than thousands of failed Bible Scholars in the past, so use your own judgment.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2008, 10:17:50 PM »

true I am not well studied. However, when I said you're making no sense, I was referring to the fact that you didn't give any scriptures or background information.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the