Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:18:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Talking to my nephew about God
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Talking to my nephew about God  (Read 4079 times)
bloodofthelamb

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2009, 07:30:14 AM »

A couple of weeks ago, we went to visit my half-sister and her family. She has two children, an eight-year-old girl and a four-year-old boy. I was discussing fire with my nephew and he asked "why aren't we made of glass?" I told him "God doesn't want us to be made of glass." Then it led to a discussion of Jonah and the Whale and how you can't run away from God. I feel good when I talk to someone about God.

The Lord is my Shepherd.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 02:52:42 PM »

Amen!

The little ones love to be taught about the things of the Lord and how Jesus loves them. It's amazing how much they understand. You just brought back many pleasant memories of loving family members teaching me when I was little. This is a labor of love that they will never forget.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 6:1-4 ASV  Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.  2  Honor thy father and mother (which is the first commandment with promise),  3  that it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.  4  And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but nurture them in the chastening and admonition of the Lord.

Proverbs 14:26-27 ASV  In the fear of Jehovah is strong confidence; And his children shall have a place of refuge.  27  The fear of Jehovah is a fountain of life, That one may depart from the snares of death.

Psalms 103:15-17 ASV  As for man, his days are as grass; As a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.  16  For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; And the place thereof shall know it no more.  17  But the lovingkindness of Jehovah is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, And his righteousness unto children's children;

Psalms 34:8-17 ASV  Oh taste and see that Jehovah is good: Blessed is the man that taketh refuge in him.  9  Oh fear Jehovah, ye his saints; For there is no want to them that fear him.  10  The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger; But they that seek Jehovah shall not want any good thing.  11  Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of Jehovah.  12  What man is he that desireth life, And loveth many days, that he may see good?  13  Keep thy tongue from evil, And thy lips from speaking guile.  14  Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it.  15  The eyes of Jehovah are toward the righteous, And his ears are open unto their cry.  16  The face of Jehovah is against them that do evil, To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.  17  The righteous cried, and Jehovah heard, And delivered them out of all their troubles.

Proverbs 22:6 ASV  Train up a child in the way he should go, And even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the