Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:26:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Science and Astrology
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Science and Astrology  (Read 3491 times)
BISCOE11

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2009, 01:47:26 AM »

Since time immemorial, the theory that celestial bodies in the sky can present a drawing of the future has enthralled mankind. Mankind’s romance with Astrological Reading ranges from a laid-back glimpse at the newspaper’s zodiac signs section, for making significant decisions in life such as matrimonial, financial and even medical is based on the advice of astrologers.

It is known that some political heads too have sought advice from astrologers to help make decisions that could manipulate the course of history. Astrology has been deep-rooted and reconfirmed based on study, supposition and conclusion just like modern sciences. However the use of perception in the science of Astrology is only possible if the astrologer is of a high religious level. The accuracy of a horoscope is directly reliant on the influence of elucidation of an astrologer.

The power of understanding and insight can only be increased by spiritual practice. People mostly turn to Astrology for expectation and to try refreshing themselves for the vocation in store. In this current era majority part of our lives are destined. If we use the minor one to do spiritual practice we can surmount or be insulated from our future. Once one is at peace with one’s future and strong enough to coolly undergo it, one’s need for astrological backing decreases and one lives a soother and more satisfied life.

(Link removed due to being against forum rules, linked to false teachings. moderator)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 07:20:43 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 06:04:46 AM »

That is all a sin and ungodly.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »

Amen, David, that it is.

Astrology is spoken against numerous times in the Bible. It is frequently called divination and the people that practice it are sometimes called soothsayers. As we can see many of these same words are presented here by the original poster in this thread. Instead of relying on "things" for spirituality and comfort we can go to God the creator of all those things. There is a peace that is beyond all understanding that can only be obtained in and through Jesus Christ.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Gaurav

Jesus Rocks!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 10:57:36 AM »

I know a number of people who are invloved in astrology - they quite literally believe in it! Many of my realtives are hindu - a religion that revolves around idolatory and astrology. Unfortunately in the society that we live in, we easily  accept the ideas that astrology offers. The bible is very clear in its conclusion of idolatory - it is sinful! Yet even Christians are susceptible to reading their star signs in a newspaper.

Should we accept this? Should we allow ourselves, as Christians to read through star signs? Besides, who will it  harm? The simple answer is that it will harm you; God calls us to trust in Him, not our star signs. There are many people who are readily acceptable of evil and Christians, too, are ready to ignore the evil behind astrology.

Moreover, astrology has everything to do with the world that satan himself has created; astrology is a way in which we lose our trust in God and instead believe in something that will harm us.

I believe that astrology is an evil spirit - it stops people from focusing on God and has fooled people for centuries. Therefore, it is vital that Christians avoid this evil at all costs or we too could be sucked in to the 'schemes' of Satan.

To sum up, astrology is dangerous!

God = love
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 11:07:33 AM »

That is all a sin and ungodly.

Another Amen Brother David!

God warns us about these practices because they are of the devil. Any real power in these practices is from the powers of darkness.

Ephesians 6:10-24 KJV  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;  15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;  16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:  18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;  19  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,  20  For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.  21  But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:  22  Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.  23  Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.  24  Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen. To the Ephesians written from Rome, by Tychicus.

Deuteronomy 18:9-12 KJV  9  When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.  10  There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,  11  Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.  12  For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

2 Kings 17:16-18 KJV  And they left all the commandments of the LORD their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made a grove, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served Baal.  17  And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.  18  Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight: there was none left but the tribe of Judah only.

Jeremiah 14:14-20 KJV  Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.  15  Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed.  16  And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them.  17  Therefore thou shalt say this word unto them; Let mine eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease: for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grievous blow.  18  If I go forth into the field, then behold the slain with the sword! and if I enter into the city, then behold them that are sick with famine! yea, both the prophet and the priest go about into a land that they know not.  19  Hast thou utterly rejected Judah? hath thy soul lothed Zion? why hast thou smitten us, and there is no healing for us? we looked for peace, and there is no good; and for the time of healing, and behold trouble!  20  We acknowledge, O LORD, our wickedness, and the iniquity of our fathers: for we have sinned against thee.

Brother David and All, these things are an abomination in the eyes of God. The above is just a small sample of what God's Word has to say about this.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 11:12:27 AM »

I know a number of people who are invloved in astrology - they quite literally believe in it! Many of my realtives are hindu - a religion that revolves around idolatory and astrology. Unfortunately in the society that we live in, we easily  accept the ideas that astrology offers. The bible is very clear in its conclusion of idolatory - it is sinful! Yet even Christians are susceptible to reading their star signs in a newspaper.

Should we accept this? Should we allow ourselves, as Christians to read through star signs? Besides, who will it  harm? The simple answer is that it will harm you; God calls us to trust in Him, not our star signs. There are many people who are readily acceptable of evil and Christians, too, are ready to ignore the evil behind astrology.

Moreover, astrology has everything to do with the world that satan himself has created; astrology is a way in which we lose our trust in God and instead believe in something that will harm us.

I believe that astrology is an evil spirit - it stops people from focusing on God and has fooled people for centuries. Therefore, it is vital that Christians avoid this evil at all costs or we too could be sucked in to the 'schemes' of Satan.

To sum up, astrology is dangerous!

Amen Gaurav! - Nicely said.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 02:17:16 PM »

I had a co-worker who kept telling people that the three wise men were astrologers because "they read the signs in the heavens and followed the North Star." I cringed every time I heard her say that, and I did, on several occasions, correct her. Why she insisted on perpetuating that lie is anybody's guess, but apparently she heard it in some study, and therefore it must be true. Unfortunately, she's not the only one who's doing it. There are many people out there spreading misinterpreted gospel, and the bottom line is, it's dangerous.

I believe one of the biggest problems with Bible interpretation attempts is that many people don't really know Jesus, and don't rely on the Holy Spirit to guide them - yet they're ready to either espouse their uninformed opinions whenever possible, or swallow whatever nonsense they hear from others who are equally ignorant about the Bible (Eph 4:14; 1Jn 4:1). They might know ABOUT Jesus, but they don't have a personal relationship with Him and are, consequently, still "walking in the way of the world," using their human mindsets to try to interpret God's word. They are what a pastor friend of mine calls "fence straddlers." With one leg in the spiritual realm and one leg in the "carnal" world, they refuse to budge from either one. Granted, they might run to church every Sunday, or be involved in all kinds of church activities, but they wouldn't know Jesus if they fell on Him because they never try to dig deeper. They're just a bunch of people sitting at the edge of God's swimming pool, so to speak, getting their big toes wet, rather than just jumping in and immersing themselves with the whole Truth.

The other problem in our modern day world is that there is a garden variety of kooks with their own websites clogging up the Information Superhighway, sharing whatever muck is in their twisted minds. To wit, one astrological website I recently accessed boldly proclaims that "When the Bible talks about 'the stars', it is talking about Astrology."

Is that so? Let's examine what the Bible REALLY says. The following verse from Isaiah shows God addressing Babylon about the sins they are committing, including the seeking of guidance from astrologers....

Isa 47:13  Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.
Isa 47:14  Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.
Isa 47:15  Thus shall they be unto thee with whom thou hast laboured, even thy merchants, from thy youth: they shall wander every one to his quarter; none shall save thee.

There are many other scriptures about astrology/witchcraft, and interpreters of omens. How anyone (even those who don't know the Bible very well) can misinterpret God's word on this issue is beyond me:

Deu 4:19  And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Lev 20:6  And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.
Lev 20:7  Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.

Deu 18:10  There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11  Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12  For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Daniel 2:27-28 talks of how God kept King Nebuchadnezzar's dream and its interpretation secret from the astrologers, magicians or dream interpreters, and soothsayers. However, he revealed it to his prophet Daniel.

Dan 2:27  Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king;
Dan 2:28  But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

Acts 16:16-18 talks of a girl who was possessed by an evil spirit that enabled her to be a fortune teller. Paul commanded the evil spirit to come out of her in the name or authority of Jesus, and the spirit left her.

Act 16:16  And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
Act 16:17  The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
Act 16:18  And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Deu 18:9  When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
Deu 18:10  There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11  Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

2Ch 33:5  And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the LORD.
2Ch 33:6  And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Throughout the entire Bible God allows only His prophets to accurately interpret any kind of "signs."

With so many people insisting on using their human mindsets to interpret God's word, is it any wonder we have so many "religions" and weird beliefs and false prophets today? Someone once told me they don't like the fact that Jesus referred to people as "lambs" or "sheep" in need of a shepherd. Well, we ARE like sheep. We all follow something or somebody. Those who are desperate to know their future follow astrology or tarot card readers or whatever (never mind the fact that God is in charge, whether they realize it or not!); the Germans followed Hitler, even after they became aware that he was off his rocker; history repeated itself with Milosevic in Kosovo when his followers went along with his efforts at ethnic cleansing in that region; the Hollywood jet set are following the false teaching of Scientology because it caters to their need to deify themselves; many Americans of the Clinton era gladly followed their illustrious prez down a path of immorality, dissecting the meaning of the word "is" along the way; hundreds died for Jim Jones and David Koresh, and the leader of that weird asteroid cult who dressed in purple and laid down to die while waiting for the mother ship to beam them up; American school children copy and mimic the dress, hairstyles and actions of their favorite movie stars and rock bands; Shirley MacLaine follows her belief in being born again, and again, and again....

Instead of listening to God and what He wants, most people simply turn their backs and do their "own thing" because it's easier to be "in and of the world".

We all have the choice to believe whatever we want and however we want - but we'd also better be prepared to explain "why" on Judgment Day, because God isn't going to let us off the hook:

Rev 3:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Astrologers, Satanists, witches, psychics, and all those who are dabbling in magic of some kind - take heed: Man's efforts to predict omens and tell the future through magic are always fruitless. These "gifts" come from Satan, not from your Creator. Dabbling in these will only result in certain spiritual death. God says so.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 06:49:17 PM »

AMEN PASTOR ROGER!

You provided excellent and detailed information. I saved your post to do additional study later.

I think that the magnitude of problems involving the powers of darkness are much greater than we imagine. We even see some of these evil things in so-called churches under various names (i.e. New Age, Humanism, etc.). Men keep looking for power and ignoring God - trying to make themselves gods.

Men are disguising evil and selling it, and many people are buying it. People who do not know God are easily deceived, and that includes many people who warm church pews. They are sold the thoughts that these things are innocent and harmless, but these things are dangerous and evil. This is a way for the devil to get his hooks into people, and they get deeper into it - just as the powers of darkness planned. GOD'S instructions on these matters are bold, blunt, and unmistakable. Things that God calls an abomination make Him angry. This should be more than enough for any self-professing Christian.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 11:06:24 AM »

The Bible does not specifically discuss astrology extensively, but what it does say is always negative. Like many other sins, the problem with astrology is that people are trying to get answers about life's questions from a source other than God. Many people believe that they can know the future through the location of the stars and planets. However, apart from God's revelation, fortune telling is specifically prohibited throughout the Bible.

In the book of Daniel, the Bible makes fun of astrologers and indicates that they are powerless to really observe the future. King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon had a disturbing dream that none of his astrologers or "wise men" could interpret. The King had ordered all the wise men, including Daniel, a young captive from Judah, to be executed. Daniel convinced the king's bodyguard that God would reveal the mystery to him and requested time to seek the answer. Having prayed to God and received the answer in a vision, Daniel reported to the king's chambers. Daniel told King Nebuchadnezzar.

Daniel 2:27-28 Daniel answered the king, The [mysterious] secret which the king has demanded neither the wise men, enchanters, magicians, nor astrologers can show the king,  28 But there is a God in heaven Who reveals secrets, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what it is that shall be in the latter days (at the end of days). Your dream and the visions in your head upon your bed are these:

Later, when King Belshazzar, Nebuchadnezzar's son, saw a finger appear and write on the wall at his party, he called in the astrologers, who, likewise, failed to interpret a writing that had appeared on the wall.  These astrologers were again shown to be powerless deceivers.

God command His people, the nation of Israel not to practice astrology by looking at "signs of the heavens." God calls such "signs" delusions.

Jeremiah 10:2-3 Thus says the Lord: Learn not the way of the [heathen] nations and be not dismayed at the signs of the heavens, though they are dismayed at them, 3 For the customs and ordinances of the peoples are false, empty, and futile; it is but a tree which one cuts out of the forest [to make for himself a god], the work of the hands of the craftsman with the ax or other tool.

It was common practice at the time that the Israelites came into the promised land that the native peoples would practice astrology and worship the heavenly bodies. The Bible specifically warned the Israelites not to practice those things also.

Jeremiah 8:2  And they will [carelessly] scatter [the corpses] before the sun and the moon and all the host of heaven, which [the dead] have loved and which they have served and after which they have walked and which they have sought, inquired of, and required and which they have worshiped. They shall not be gathered, or be buried; they shall be like dung upon the face of the earth.

Deuteronomy 4:19 And beware lest you lift up your eyes to the heavens, and when you see the sun, moon, and stars, even all the host of the heavens, you be drawn away and worship them and serve them, things which the Lord your God has allotted to all nations under the whole heaven.

The Bible says that those who are stargazers and make predictions based upon that are in error and will not be saved from judgment.

Isaiah 47:12-15 Persist, then, with your enchantments and the multitude of your sorceries (Babylon), in which you have labored from your youth; and see if perhaps you will be able to profit, if you will prevail and strike terror! 13 You are wearied with your many counsels and plans. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, and the monthly prognosticators stand up and make known to you and save you from the things that shall come upon you (Babylon). 14 Behold, they are like stubble; the fire consumes them. They cannot even deliver themselves from the power of the flame [much less deliver the nation]. There is no coal for warming or fire before which to sit! 15 Such to you shall they (the astrologers and their kind) be, those with whom you have labored and such their fate, those who have done business with you from your youth; they will wander, every one to his own quarter and in his own direction. No one will save you.

The Kings were told to get rid of the worship of the heavenly bodies in their nation and did so under penalty of the judgment of God. The seriousness of this offense is clear, since the penalty for this kind of idolatry was death by stoning. God destroyed the ten northern tribes of Israel because they indulged in astrology and other forms of demon worship.

2 Kings 17:16-18 And they forsook all the commandments of the Lord their God and made for themselves molten images, even two calves, and made an Asherah and worshiped all the [starry] hosts of the heavens and served Baal. 17 They caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire and used divination and enchantments and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking Him to anger. 18 Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel and removed them out of His sight. None was left but the tribe of Judah.

As in the Old Testament, the New Testament also condemns astrology.

Acts 7:42-43 But God turned [away from them] and delivered them up to worship and serve the host (stars) of heaven, as it is written in the book of the prophets: Did you [really] offer to Me slain beasts and sacrifices for forty years in the wilderness (desert), O house of Israel? 43 [No!] You took up the tent (the portable temple) of Moloch and carried it [with you], and the star of the god Rephan, the images which you [yourselves] made that you might worship them; and I will remove you [carrying you away into exile] beyond Babylon.

Although the heavens do declare the glory of God, they do not proclaim the gospel. The gospel was revealed to man by God Himself, who spoke through the prophets and came to earth in the person of Jesus Christ. The apparent arrangement of the stars in the sky is a function of the human brain, which tries to find patterns in everything it interprets. Depending upon one's background and society, different shapes of objects are seen as constellations. None of the constellations make such a clear picture that they could only be interpreted only one way.

Studying the stars to attempt to get some message from them is called astrology, and is expressly prohibited in the Bible. Christians should not dabble in astrology, even if they don't really believe it is true. Trust God with your future and follow Him in obedience to His word.

We live during a time when men claim all kinds of things and powers. The Holy Bible has very blunt teachings in numerous portions that condemn seers, magick, mystics, numerology, witches, and others who claim various powers.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 01:04:13 PM »

I think you guys have got this covered.  I will only add that I also cringe when I hear another Christian mention what their "sign" is.  When I'm asked what my sign is, I flat tell them that I don't believe in it and that I'm born under the blood of Christ.

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 03:48:22 PM »

I think you guys have got this covered.  I will only add that I also cringe when I hear another Christian mention what their "sign" is.  When I'm asked what my sign is, I flat tell them that I don't believe in it and that I'm born under the blood of Christ.

AMEN!

It would be quite accurate to say that our sign is "THE SON", JESUS CHRIST. AND, it's definitely SUPERNATURAL how well HIS Instructions to us work. All we have to do is yield to His Will and have the best He intends for us.

Romans 8:28 KJV  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:31-32 KJV  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?  32  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Further, if we want self-improvement, God has the only plan that works. He began a good work in us, and He will complete it.

Philippians 1:6 KJV  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 1:11 KJV  Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Sherri

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 09:56:10 PM »

I must admit to being one of those Christians. A good dose of studying 1 Samuel and 1 Chronicles, and other areas of the Bible changed all that. Thank God for His forgiveness through Christ.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 10:50:31 PM »

I must admit to being one of those Christians. A good dose of studying 1 Samuel and 1 Chronicles, and other areas of the Bible changed all that. Thank God for His forgiveness through Christ.

I think it's a matter of things being sold as innocent, and that's many things in our societies of today. One could use their imagination and come up with a huge list of things that were bought and sold - and the result was the erosion of Biblical ways. Many don't even realize what they've participated in until it's explained from the Bible. Think of this in terms of what is allowed in Christian homes today - compared with 50 years ago. It really boils down to the devil sneaking in when he thinks nobody is looking (i.e. books, magazines, television, music, etc., etc). We are bombarded with things that are not acceptable or proper 24/7.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sigourney w.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 04:46:39 PM »

I read a book by dr.James Kennedy called The Real Meaning Of The Zodiac he explains the signs starting with virgo the virgin to Leo The lion as a picture of redemption and astrology is a satanic perversion of that, any attempts to tell the future is forbidden and can open the door to demonic influences in a person's life even if they are unaware of it.Be blessed.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10      Shalom  Sigourney
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the