Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I've committed a terrible sin! Please help!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I've committed a terrible sin! Please help!  (Read 4787 times)
bloodofthelamb

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2009, 11:06:19 PM »

My mother and I got into an argument. She went on a rant on how Christians are anti-science and bully people into converting and that the bible is unreliable because it's ancient. In my anger, I said that I didn't believe in Jesus. I regret it 100% and I want to pray for forgiveness. What do I say? How do I tell Jesus that I didn't mean what I said. I've never felt so low.  Cry

update: My mom and I have since apologized to each other and reconciled. All has been forgiven between us.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:16:19 AM by bloodofthelamb » Logged

The Lord is my Shepherd.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:11:05 AM »

What you say is what is on your heart. For if it is not truly from the heart then it means nothing.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 12:19:36 PM »

My mother and I got into an argument. She went on a rant on how Christians are anti-science and bully people into converting and that the bible is unreliable because it's ancient. In my anger, I said that I didn't believe in Jesus. I regret it 100% and I want to pray for forgiveness. What do I say? How do I tell Jesus that I didn't mean what I said. I've never felt so low.  :'(

update: My mom and I have since apologized to each other and reconciled. All has been forgiven between us.

Hello Bloodofthelamb,

I think that you've just said it. I agree 100% with what Pastor Roger told you, and you just spoke what's on your heart. I want to share a beautiful portion of Scripture with you.

Colossians 1:9-17 ASV  For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray and make request for you, that ye may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,  10  to walk worthily of the Lord unto all pleasing, bearing fruit in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;  11  strengthened with all power, according to the might of his glory, unto all patience and longsuffering with joy;  12  giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light;  13  who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love;  14  in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins:  15  who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;  16  for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;  17  and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.

Jesus Christ redeems us, forgives us, makes us fit for our inheritance, makes us worthy of Salvation, and is our "All in All". Alone, we are nothing, but we are never alone when we are in Christ.

Romans 3:19-28 ASV  Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it speaketh to them that are under the law; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God:  20  because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight; for through the law cometh the knowledge of sin.  21  But now apart from the law a righteousness of God hath been manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;  22  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ unto all them that believe; for there is no distinction;  23  for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;  24  being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:  25  whom God set forth to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God;  26  for the showing, I say, of his righteousness at this present season: that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him that hath faith in Jesus.  27  Where then is the glorying? It is excluded. By what manner of law? of works? Nay: but by a law of faith.  28  We reckon therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

The Righteousness of Jesus Christ makes us worthy.

1 John 2:1 ASV  My little children, these things write I unto you that ye may not sin. And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 14:1 ASV  Let not your heart be troubled: believe in God, believe also in me.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 01:59:17 PM »

Peter denied Jesus three times and I'm sure that he also had never felt so low as he did over those next few days.  When Christ rose he gave a special message to be delivered to Peter and Peter was not only forgiven but went on to be instrumental in spreading the gospel message and I believe became stronger for it.
What do you say to Jesus?  Just tell Him from your heart that you didn't mean it.  He already knows!
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
bloodofthelamb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 11:00:31 PM »

Thanks guys! I did it and I feel happy again. The truth is I only said that I didn't believe in Jesus in order to get my mother off my back during our argument. The real reason she got mad was that she's scared. She's scared that I'll join some cult and get brainwashed and drink poisoned cool-aid without question. I admit I'm a bit naive, but I'm not so stupid as to do that. I guess her maternal insticts and her protective love for me just got out of hand. She's afraid that I'll turn into some right-wing religious prude. How am I going to show her that I'm different than those other guys?

The Lord is my Shepherd.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 08:27:06 AM »

Simply by doing what real Christians would do and tell her what real Christians would and wouldn't do.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 09:30:40 AM »

The first thing is to let the love of Jesus Christ shine through us. This can be difficult because we all have a tendency to let things like anger get in the way. Anger is a human weakness, although there is also righteous anger which is good to display, the bad anger can and does get in the way.

I would reassure her in a loving manner that I do not believe in purposefully harming myself as that is something that God teaches that we are not to do.

The next thing that I would do is to invite her to the church that you are going to so that she can see for herself that it is not a harmful cult.

Then let us all not forget that prayer is one of the most powerful tools that God has given us. Praying for your mother is one of the most important things here and I will be most happy to join you in prayer for your her.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »

How about this....tell your mother if she is scared that something may happen to you, then tell her to join you at church on Sunday morning to make certain you are safe Smiley

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »

Thanks guys! I did it and I feel happy again. The truth is I only said that I didn't believe in Jesus in order to get my mother off my back during our argument. The real reason she got mad was that she's scared. She's scared that I'll join some cult and get brainwashed and drink poisoned cool-aid without question. I admit I'm a bit naive, but I'm not so stupid as to do that. I guess her maternal insticts and her protective love for me just got out of hand. She's afraid that I'll turn into some right-wing religious prude. How am I going to show her that I'm different than those other guys?

I'm glad that things are working out for you. You and your family will be in my prayers. The world's descriptions of Christians these days are demeaning and outrageous because the world hates us. The world also hates Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible, so it should be obvious that many will hate us also. Some folks can't stand the thought of any Holy Authority figure who has every right to tell us what's RIGHT AND WRONG. Many in the world can't stand being told they are doing wrong. They love what they're doing, and they don't want anyone condemning their actions. They certainly don't want to be labeled as evil by the Bible or anyone. So, they demonize Christians to try and get the attention off of themselves and their behavior. Conviction of wrong-doing is one of the first steps to seeking Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, but people don't like CONVICTION. Too bad - it's going to happen one way or another - with or without Christians. Jesus Christ Himself will be the righteous Judge. There will be a final Judgment, and this short life is not all there is.

I must say that others have given you wonderful information.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  (9)  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the