Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:24:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My cousin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My cousin  (Read 1101 times)
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2004, 02:48:25 PM »

My cousin Matt is in the army right now; I know things aren't supposed to be "fair" all the time, but here is a forward from my Aunt, and if you think about it, please keep Matt and his wife Sherry in prayer.
----------------
Matt had a bad day yesterday.  For some reason ( I don't mean to sound racist, but there is definitly a problem in the military and down south with the blacks and whites) the blacks and the black drill sargents were extra angry yesterday (Matt thinks because it was Martin Luther King day).  Matt's roommates are a real problem.  There are a couple of blacks and the others that are white are single and have real messed up lives.  Anyhow Matt has been trying to tolerate it, but yesterday, they had locker inspection, everyone passed except this one black guy. Then last night, the black drill sargent came in the room and there were the two black guys, Matt and another white guy sitting there.  The one black soldier who didn't passed locker inspection, still had his locker a mess, door open stuff all over the floor and his boom box blaring and his speakers on (speakers are NOT allowed, he has had 6 other sets taken away from him, he just goes and buys more).  The drill sargent said since the roommates weren't keeping this guy inline and didn't make sure he had his stuff cleaned up, then they (the others) would be punished.  He didn't punish the black soldier who's stuff was all over and had the music blaring.  He told Matt and the other white guy that they would have their level 5 badge taken away, which means they can't go off base now, must have a "buddy" with them at all times, can't have their cell phones, and other privaleges gone.  The other black soldier sitting there, the drill sargent said "I like your boots, so I won't do anything to you".  He just punished the two white guys.  Matt was so mad. He worked hard to get this level and he got it soon after getting there.  He said this happens alot, but before not to this extent. He also has been spending a lot of money buying shoe polish for the other guys in the room, because they weren't buying polish and polishing their boots, so they were all getting in trouble. So Matt started buyi! ng their polish and getting on them to polish there boots so he wouldn't get in trouble.  Anyways, he called Sherry last night to tell her what happened and the drill sargent came in the room again, saw Matt on the phone and Sherry heard the drill sargent yelling at Matt and the phone went dead.  She doesn't know how long it will be before he can call her again.  He is going to be done in less than two weeks, and then have about 3 or 4 days to move their stuff to Fort Riley, so they have been making plans for the move and all that goes with it.  With Matt not being able to call now or anything (they locked up the room with the computers and the pay phones because onef the guys was trying to download music illegially.) it really will make it hard on Sherry trying to get stuff done.  Sherry called and was upset on what happened, especially since she doesn't know what happened when the phone went dead.  She had time enough to tell Matt to not react to this (he only has less than 2 weeks left and he is done) and that she was praying for him.  

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Jeeper

Searching For My Place In This World

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 05:20:26 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Sounds like a messed up situation to me.  Punish the right ones and reward those who are wrong Undecided  Keep your head up

Seeking God's Path In Life For Me
Pray Hard
God Bless
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 11:19:18 PM »

I'll pray for endurance and patience for Matt, a sound mind for his drill seargent, and that God would be merciful and give Matt justice in this situation.

Aservant

Jesus is my Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 11:56:54 AM »

Dear Father God,
Place you hand on this young man, give him favor with those around him. Let the light of the Holy Spirit shine from him.
We ask these thing in the name of jesus.
To you Father all the glory.
Thank you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the