Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:27:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  need advice and prayer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: need advice and prayer  (Read 2070 times)
ahessig
« on: June 17, 2009, 11:52:22 AM »

Hi, I am new and looking for someone to tell me I am not crazy.  I am a stay at home mom and my husband is a police detective and army unit commander.  Recently I was told that flirting was an interview tactic to get people to tell information they may not otherwise.  If your husband came home and said sorry honey flirting and subsequently getting phone numbers is part of the job, would you not call BS on that one?  Then to make matters worse I found an email between him and a mutual female friend that ended each conversation with I love you babe, or I miss you babe.  I was upset and asked about it and he said it means nothing and it is just playful banter.  My thought is I put in the 16 years of hard work it took and still takes to make a marriage work, been through deployment caring for our kids, I want an exclusive I love you unless he is talking to his mother or something.  I was very hurt thinking he threw those words around so carelessly.  Am I overreacting or am I justified in my feelings, I am rather lost dont really have anyone to talk to about this stuff.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 12:16:35 PM »

It is difficult to give appropriate advice over the internet. Such advice as this needs to be on a more one on one personal level. I strongly suggest that you get with your pastor. If you don't have a church then I suggest that you find one and get with the pastor of that church for counseling.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 02:13:02 AM »

I agree with Pastor Roger, ahessig you do need to talk with a pastor, face to face.

Seeing this is your first post ahessig, welcome to Christians Unite forum.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 08:24:37 AM »

I don't think he is being truthful. I would find out by asking his co-workers if it is true.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 04:28:07 PM »

Welcome to the forums.

As Roger had mentioned it is difficult to give advice of this sort via the web. 

One thing I can honestly say is this.  You should be able to tell him that you do not appreciate the "banter" as he is calling it and wish it to stop.  It is inappropriate for a married man to tell any other woman other than family that he loves her in a personal communication.  There is a friendly Christian sort of love that can be spoken, but it is always quite obvious what was meant.  And you should be able to go to him and tell him that you do not like that and wish it to stop, and it should.

But there is so much other information that could be going on and like we said we really cannot cover everything via a forum or anything like that.  You need to seek out good Christian counsel and talk with them.

I would NOT go to co-workers and talk to them.  If they do not know what is going on then they do not need to know what is going on.  Because if you are wrong and you go and talk to people who are not involved, then rumors start.  And the Bible speaks quite clearly the damage that rumors cause. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the