Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:01:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  USA back to The Bible - any prayer groups specifically focused on this?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: USA back to The Bible - any prayer groups specifically focused on this?  (Read 3657 times)
ChristRules

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2009, 08:12:08 PM »

I am a new guy here glad & to have found this vast Chrisitian discussion forum.
Heavy on my heart is the movement away from The Bible in the USA.. I know this has always been an issue throughout history.. it is just that I see our culture moving away from The Bible, now, at an ever increasing rate.
Are there any groups within this forum that are focused on this specific topic/issue?
I did a search and came up fairly dry.... however, that is not to say I searched correctly.
Many thanks,
Fred.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 08:46:50 PM »

I am a new guy here glad & to have found this vast Chrisitian discussion forum.
Heavy on my heart is the movement away from The Bible in the USA.. I know this has always been an issue throughout history.. it is just that I see our culture moving away from The Bible, now, at an ever increasing rate.
Are there any groups within this forum that are focused on this specific topic/issue?
I did a search and came up fairly dry.... however, that is not to say I searched correctly.
Many thanks,
Fred.

Hello ChristRules,

WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you. Most of us here feel the same way you do, and the same is true for most Christians. I think that we all pray about these issues every day. If you're looking for a web site that does nothing but this, I think that the name of one is Pray Daily America. GOD is the answer to our problems, and the mission for all Christians remains the same - we pray, ask GOD to use us, and yield to GOD'S Will in our lives.

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:57:19 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

ChristRules

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 11:10:46 PM »

Thanks Tom for the tip.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 11:47:47 PM »

Brother Fred,

You're most welcome. I usually don't recommend web sites unless I've checked them out myself, but I remember this one was in the official news that Christians Unite sends out. We actually have a large number of links on the forum to Christian sites where everyone does pray about these issues. In fact, you will find many threads on the forum where our members and staff are requesting prayer for our country. Prayer MUST come up when we talk about the sad things that are happening today because prayer is one of our most powerful tools - and God loves to hear our prayers.

Brother, a big question looms:  are we watching the ushering in of the Tribulation Period? If so, it's a Promise from God that will happen at His Appointed Time. We don't know, but we do know that our mission as Christians hasn't changed. Our mission will remain the same until God takes us HOME. In the meantime, we can keep praying - run a good race - fight a good fight - and finish our course.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 9:23-25 ASV  23  And I do all things for the gospel's sake, that I may be a joint partaker thereof.  24  Know ye not that they that run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? Even so run; that ye may attain.  25  And every man that striveth in the games exerciseth self-control in all things. Now they do it to receive a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

Philippians 4:1 ASV  Wherefore, my brethren beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my beloved.

1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 ASV  19  For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of glorying? Are not even ye, before our Lord Jesus at his coming?  20  For ye are our glory and our joy.

2 Timothy 4:6-8 ASV  For I am already being offered, and the time of my departure is come.  7  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith:  8  henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to me at that day; and not to me only, but also to all them that have loved his appearing.

James 1:12 ASV  Blessed is the man that endureth temptation; for when he hath been approved, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord promised to them that love him.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the