Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:04:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Book of Jasher
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Book of Jasher  (Read 1848 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2009, 08:47:02 AM »

The book of Jasher is mentioned in the Bible but why isn't it in the Bible?

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 09:20:15 AM »

It's a highly contested book that's probably not part of the Bible, even the Apocrypha. There are many stories about it, supposedly translated from Hebrew in the 1300's by a Jewish Rabbi, but no original manuscript exists. The Mormons also make claims on the Book of Jasher.

Some say it could be a lost book of the Bible, and others say it was a hoax. Regardless, it doesn't appear in history until 1200 years after the Bible was completed. Some think it was by a non-Bible writer, thus not inspired by God and not part of the Bible. There are many such books that fall into the same category by many writers - some ancient at the time the Bible was written, and some written many years later. If it does exist, it wouldn't be part of the Bible. I hope this helps you some.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 10:7-18 ASV  7  Jesus therefore said unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door; by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and go out, and shall find pasture. 10 The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd layeth down his life for the sheep. 12 He that is a hireling, and not a shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, beholdeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth, and the wolf snatcheth them, and scattereth them: 13 he fleeth because he is a hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know mine own, and mine own know me, 15 even as the Father knoweth me, and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and they shall become one flock, one shepherd. 17 Therefore doth the Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. 18 No one taketh it away from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment received I from my Father.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 09:27:24 AM »

so what is the book mentioned in the Bible?

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:39:49 AM »

GOOD MORNING BROTHER DAVID,

Maybe this will help you more. This is from Easton's Bible Dictionary:

Jasher
Upright. “The Book of Jasher,” rendered in the LXX. “the Book of the Upright One,” by the Vulgate “the Book of Just Ones,” was probably a kind of national sacred song-book, a collection of songs in praise of the heroes of Israel, a “book of golden deeds,” a national anthology. We have only two specimens from the book,
(1.) the words of Joshua which he spake to the Lord at the crisis of the battle of Beth-horon (Jos_10:12, Jos_10:13); and
(2.) “the Song of the Bow,” that beautiful and touching mournful elegy which David composed on the occasion of the death of Saul and Jonathan (2Sa_1:18-27).

In other words, it would have been a book of the time - but not the Bible.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:47:16 AM »

Thank you brother and good morning  Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the