Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  what kind of Christian am I?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what kind of Christian am I?  (Read 2039 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:16:54 AM »

I don't pray very often. Hardly ever read Bible. I have alot of angry and hateful thoughts. I can get really mean to my nurses sometimes.
I know I have salvation. I am not very happy about these things.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 01:49:01 AM »

I don't pray very often. Hardly ever read Bible. I have alot of angry and hateful thoughts. I can get really mean to my nurses sometimes.
I know I have salvation. I am not very happy about these things.

Hello Brother David,

I'm sorry I'm late in reading your post. Part of what you are relating is probably the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD convicting you and trying to lead you. For Christians, this is a lifelong process. GOD has begun a work in us, but HE won't finish this PERFECT work during our short lives here. As an example, a Glorified Body is part of GOD'S Perfecting work in us.

We should know there are NO perfect Christians in this short life. We all have frequent failures. The difference for Christians is these failures make us feel bad and want please our LORD. We're just men in this short life, so we will have to pray for forgiveness often.

Brother David, I could easily be wrong about some of my thoughts, but I really do think that you're describing GOD working in you. Brother, PRAY about this and remember that GOD'S WORD tells us that the HOLY SPIRIT will help us when we don't know how to PRAY.

Brother David, we also have to learn how to study GOD'S WORD. This is sometimes not very pleasant when we don't know how to start or where to start, especially if things are confusing. This can be frustrating. There is no shame in needing some help or guidance, and this is one of the reasons why we need GOD and each other.

Brother David, I already pray for you every day, and I will continue praying for you for the rest of this short life. If I had the health and was closer, I would love to come see you and study GOD'S WORD with you. However, we are huge distances apart, and neither one of us has health. I didn't say this to sound negative, and I don't feel negative. We are Children of the KING OF KINGS and belong to JESUS CHRIST. We are rich beyond human imagination.

Brother David, you have my email address, and you are most welcome to use it any time you wish. Many of us who have been here any length of time know that it's hard to do a Bible Study on the forum because the devil usually finds a way to ruin it pretty quickly. They usually turn out to be debates and arguments instead of Bible Studies, so this is pretty discouraging. However, I'm always willing to try again. If there's a topic or Portion of Scripture you would like to study, just tell me and we'll try it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:20-21 NASB  20  The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,  21  so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 05:18:57 AM »

Studying was never my strong suit. I only like reading when it is enjoyable. When it becomes a job, I get uninterested.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 07:40:54 AM »

Studying was never my strong suit. I only like reading when it is enjoyable. When it becomes a job, I get uninterested.

Good Morning Brother David and All!

I think that I understand what you mean, but you are probably talking about studying in general. Things are different when we're talking about studying GOD'S WORD. I know that some people consider that work, especially if they are having a hard time understanding things. It's best for many people to start out slowly, studying a little bit at a time. It becomes more interesting when you understand things, and it actually becomes something that you look forward to. I think that the best way to consider Bible Study is Spiritual Food, things that you NEED for your spirit. It does become habit forming, and that's good. This is part of becoming STRONG in CHRIST and definitely part of your personal relationship with CHRIST.

Brother David, have you enjoyed some of the things that I sent you? If so, I have a lot more. I also have some MP3 Audio Sermons that are excellent. Especially let me know if audio might be easier for you. In the meantime, I'll try to send you a mixture of both from time to time. If there's something special you might want, just ask.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 9:2-7 NASB  2  The people who walk in darkness Will see a great light; Those who live in a dark land, The light will shine on them.  3  You shall multiply the nation, You shall increase their gladness; They will be glad in Your presence As with the gladness of harvest, As men rejoice when they divide the spoil.  4  For You shall break the yoke of their burden and the staff on their shoulders, The rod of their oppressor, as at the battle of Midian.  5  For every boot of the booted warrior in the battle tumult, And cloak rolled in blood, will be for burning, fuel for the fire.  6  For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.  7  There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 07:53:32 AM »

I have a confession to make. I haven't really read much of the stuff you have sent. I'm sorry.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 09:12:08 AM »

Brother David,

I, too, am sorry that I didn't see this post sooner.

I agree with Brother Tom on this. Just the asking of the question "What kind of Christian am I?" in itself speaks volumes.  It is a concern of every true Christian even if we don't actually speak those words. It is that which is in our hearts that leads us to that concern. This is what is meant by the comments of the potter and the clay that is in scripture. This was made into a wonderful song. "Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!  Thou art the potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me after thy will."

He is working a wondrous work in us all, brother. Just turn to Him and let Him have His way.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 03:07:52 PM »

I have a confession to make. I haven't really read much of the stuff you have sent. I'm sorry.

Hello Brother David,

No apology is necessary. I do have some audio to send you that I just started collecting. If that's easier and more enjoyable, please let me know and I'll get some more. In the meantime:  KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 56:3-4 ASV  3  What time I am afraid, I will put my trust in thee. 4 In God (I will praise his word), In God have I put my trust, I will not be afraid; What can flesh do unto me?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the