Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:51:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  suicide
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: suicide  (Read 1317 times)
Psalms101

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2004, 09:38:34 PM »

Cry one of my friend's friends is trying to kill herself due to failure and family problems, can ya'll think of any verses I can tell her so she can help her friend?? I need these ASAP!!!!!!! Its starting to get dangerous.
                     Psalms101

I claim da King'a'kings, yea, dats wut im about, c ya can believe n yo heart, butcha gotta confess widja mouth, bcuz he died fo yo sins, now u livin' thro Him
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 11:04:41 PM »

Yikes, I thought you were Psalm119 here, for a moment there.  Didn't sound like Psalm119 at all.

Hmmm.  Well, let's see.  We've probly all been there, or close to it.   Roll Eyes

My best recollection is it's a result of complete indwelling of the world about me, inside me.  That comes from dwelling on the world about me.

As opposed to His indwelling me.

So it might be a passage something to do with "...not my will, by thy will..."

Suicide, ultimately, is all about MY will being done.  It's questionable whether it has anything to do with God's will, at all.

It's the ultimate gesture of a mind focussed totally on the world about us, rather on the things above.

Smiley
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 04:38:21 PM »

Cry one of my friend's friends is trying to kill herself due to failure and family problems, can ya'll think of any verses I can tell her so she can help her friend?? I need these ASAP!!!!!!! Its starting to get dangerous.
                     Psalms101

Psalms101,

Personal failure and family problems can bring about emmence depression in ones heart.  Someone making mention of suicide should not be taken lightly.  Scripture tells us that Jesus is our only true source of hope and life.  Simply put, when people's ability to cope with problems overcome their resource for hope, suicide becomes a desperation act to resolve their pain.   This individual, needs much comfort and councel from a christian counceler, Pastor or Elder who can help her realize that the problems she is facing, can be overcome.

My advice would be alert an elder, or Pastor of this girl, (someone who can provide christian guidance and councel directly), in order to lift her up before the Lord, and show her that she is unique, and special in the eyes of the Lord.  These problems may be difficult, but God understands everything she is going through and wants to help.  This is the only source of Hope that is inexhaustable.   Its not enough to just quote verses of comfort.  The real life problems she faces need answers in her eyes.   In many cases, only someone with a lot of experience in counceling can help people work through these difficult issues, and show her how to turn these things over to the Lord and find ultimate peace in their lives.

It is of the utmost importance that you tell someone who you trust and can assist this individual ASAP!  Don't delay in this effort!  I will be praying for you and your friends during this time.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 05:39:30 PM »

Psalm 101,
I couldn’t agree more with 2ndT – direct intervention is called for – not lip service but direct intervention.  When a person experiences direct intervention two things happen:  1) It can act to avert immediate tragedy, and 2) It becomes obvious to the person how important she really is to those who love her.  Hey – we ALL lover her!

Suicide is a very selfish act.  It is the ultimate (and last) “attention getter”.  She needs the attention she craves in a BIG way ASAP, then, through continued counseling, she needs to learn about the ultimate unselfish act – that of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross.

Believe me – I know firsthand how damaging selfishness can be.

You and your friend’s friend are added to my prayer list.
God bless.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 11:35:43 AM »

Cry Amen, 2nd Timothy!

Psalms, you friend needs to know they are loved and appreciated. Even if you have to show them your concern in unpleasant ways, like helping them find professional help, etc. They may care about nothing right now, but encourage them that their life does not have to be this way, that there are better things to look forward to. Perhaps they are afraid of living a purposeless life; perhaps there is a project that they can help with, to give them a sense of helping others. THis is wonderful therapy. Do they know the Lord?

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Aservant

Jesus is my Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2004, 08:35:33 AM »

Dear Father God,
I come in to agreement with these other christians to break the hold of suicide over this person. We know you have the power to strength us with your love, peace and joy. Please Lord take control and help this person find the answer, Jesus.
We give you the glory.
In Jesus name I ask this and stand on your promises.

Aservant
Jeeper

Searching For My Place In This World

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2004, 03:51:20 PM »

I couldn't stress what 2nd Timothy had to say enough.  Your friend needs some serious help from an experienced counselor whether it by a preacher, elder or a professional counselor.  Don't waste time here try and help her find some help immediately.  Your friend is in my prayer I hope she gets the help she needs and just reminder her that she is loved by all and definetly by God.  God Bless

Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee  Isaiah 43:4 KJV

Seeking God's Path In Life For Me
Pray Hard
God Bless
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 11:23:48 AM »

Any updates on this individual Psalms101?

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
GODSGRACE

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 08:45:43 PM »

I know that this post is not recent, but still worthy of the advice. My 1st husband commited suicide..not having been through those thoughts before, I too thought it was a selfish act..for yrs. I did..Then when my mom died, I felt my world fall apart. Those suicide thoughts came very real to me..anything to stop the pain..I am in counseling still..Lots of Christians think that a Christians can't get depressed..To that I reply, I wouldn't wish those feelings on my worse enemy!
But the main thing is to get into counseling right away. Don't be afraid of taking medication..If you were a diabetic, you'd take your medication.
I've forgiven my mother for dying, but I realize now that I still have the issue of the 1st husband dying..sometimes you think you've dealt with it, but something comes up and you realize that you've not.
But all in all it's very important, to get to a dr. right away! Keep us all posted!
I'll be praying!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the