Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:02:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Simple Thoughts On Promises
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simple Thoughts On Promises  (Read 14714 times)
jeremiah7

Dr. Johnson Cherian MD. PhD.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 09:15:47 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 12

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. (Joshua 1:Cool

Promise given to Joshua by God Almighty and fulfilled. The only time that Joshua failed was when he overlooked sin in the Israelite camp during the conquest of Ai. Of course he fell prey to the Gibeonite deception too. Otherwise God gave him victory over every situation that he encountered, be it the crossing of the Jordan or the conquest of Jericho or the battle with the kings. Meditating on God's Word and living for him always brings blessings.

All my literarture & art work are free for non-commercial use on webpages & blogs.
jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 09:57:10 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 13

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

People of God are called to humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways for healing to come to their land where scores of unbelievers live. Humbling ourselves, praying and seeking God's face and turning from our wicked ways are all vital for God to work out his plans in the places that we live.

All my literarture & art work are free for non-commercial use on webpages & blogs.
jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 09:36:06 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 14

But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." (2 Chronicles 15:7)

Promise given to king Asa during a time of great unrest and turmoil in Israel. When Asa heard this prophecy of Azariah he took courage. Be strengthened this day! Whatever you are doing for the Lord will also be rewarded in due time.

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 05:59:59 AM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 15

For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. (2 Chronicles 16:9)

Is your heart fully committed to the Lord? If it is, you have nothing to fear. He will strengthen you in all situations, even when you are without strength and helpless.

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 16

In famine he will ransom you from death, and in battle from the stroke of the sword. (Job 5:20)

Even during recessions, the faithfulness of God doesn't change. He who sustained Isaac during the famine and gave him a 100 fold yield still lives and is able to take care of you and your family. Trust in his faithfulness.

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 09:44:50 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 17

Surely God does not reject a blameless man or strengthen the hands of evildoers. He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. (Job 8:20,21)

Sometimes we may feel that God has rejected us and is strengthening the hands of evildoers. But those are just wrong feelings when we pass through bad times. His promise is that he will never leave us nor forsake us. Take heart. He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 09:23:05 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 18

You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. (Job 11:18)

Our hope and security must be in Jesus Christ, not market analysis, expert opinions, intelligent forecasts & wisdom of the wise. All these are good upto an extent but what really matters for a child of God is his ability to trust in the faithfulness of his God.

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 10:17:52 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 19

But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction. (Job 36:15)

Isn't it true that God speaks to us in our afflictions more than at other times? Suffering in our lives makes us think more about God and our relationship with him. Eventually when he delivers us from the suffering, we would have learnt more spiritual truths that would help us live as better Christians.

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 10:25:18 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 20

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. (1 Peter 1:3-5)

If you have experienced the new birth in Jesus Christ, you have entered into a living hope and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade, kept in heaven for you. Nothing greater than this for anyone living on earth.

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 21

You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. (Psalm 4:7)

Material possessions can only give temporary joy and satisfaction. The joy that David here speaks of is one that he received because of his intimate relationship with God and God has promised that to each one of us. A Father- Child relationship with God can bring us that great joy.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »

Hello Jeremiah7,

Brother, I just wanted to tell you that I'm really enjoying Simple Thoughts On Promises. Each one gives great ideas for additional Bible Study.

I also want to tell you that I just came from one of your graphics sites, and it is incredibly beautiful. I'll be praying for your ministry.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 5:10 NASB  10  The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 09:56:31 PM »

Hello Jeremiah7,

Brother, I just wanted to tell you that I'm really enjoying Simple Thoughts On Promises. Each one gives great ideas for additional Bible Study.

I also want to tell you that I just came from one of your graphics sites, and it is incredibly beautiful. I'll be praying for your ministry.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 5:10 NASB  10  The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.

Thanks Tom. May Jesus bless you abundantly.

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 09:57:14 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 22

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. (Psalm 9:9)

As believer's we all go through times when we feel distressed, lonely, leftout, despised, oppressed, troubled or depressed. Many such negative experiences make life difficult for us to live. During those times we can rely on this wonderful promise from the Psalms. Truly, the Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 10:04:23 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 24

You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. (Psalm 18:28)

Afraid that the enemy may extinguish your lamp i.e. your witness for Christ or anything good realted to your life. Fear not! Jesus will keep your lamp burning and turn your present darkness into light.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 10:24:16 PM by jeremiah7 » Logged

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009, 09:28:40 PM »

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 27

In the shelter of your presence you hide them from the intrigues of men; in your dwelling you keep them safe from accusing tongues. (Psalm 31:20)

God is a shelter for those who choose to take refuge in him. He hides them from the intrigues of men. If accusing tongues are what you are troubled with these days, this is the promise that you should hold on to for it says that God is able to keep you safe from them.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the