Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:56:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Amazing New Images Found Within The Shroud!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amazing New Images Found Within The Shroud!!!  (Read 1784 times)
bronzesnake

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2009, 04:54:53 AM »

Over the years I have been mesmerized by the Shroud of Turin.
The first time I saw the image I was amazed. This was something special.
I wanted to believe it was an artefact that Jesus left us to bolster our faith, and why not? He has left us lots of proof of His truth. There’s historical proof, there’s archaeological proof, there’s scientific proof, and there’s personal experience.

When I began to read all the debates about the shroud, I was disappointed when I came across a “scientific” study which showed the “blood’ was actually paint, and the image was also just a painted depiction of a crucified man, albeit an amazing depiction.
So I was disappointed but my faith was in no way affected.

Then, I got hold of more “scientific” proof, only this time the scientists were from N.A.S.A.! This time, the blood was not pain, it was real honest to goodness blood! The blood was even typed! This time the image was proven not to be paint at all, and in fact the NASA scientists were at a complete loss to explain exactly what the image was produced by, or how the image was actually a negative exactly like that in photography!
There were x-ray like images in the shroud which showed teeth and bones!
There were seeds and plants and flowers which all came from the exact region where Jesus was crucified and some of this plant life was exclusive to the region!

The scientists agreed that the man on the shroud was horribly mutilated by severe whipping, and was most obviously whipped from head to toe on both sides of His body.
Judging by the size and shape of His whip wounds, it was discovered that only one weapon could have made those wounds, the Roman flagellum.
Here’s a link for info on this weapon… http://www.indyprops.com/pp-flagrum.htm

The most amazing discovery the NASA scientists made was Jesus!
Yes, the scientists who worked on the project were so moved by what they discovered that they converted to Christianity!

OK that was a few years back, and recently the shroud has been examined using the latest technology and you will be blown right out of your socks when you discover exactly what else was buried along with the crucified man (wink, wink, Jesus)

Let’s begin with some details from the scriptures involving the death of Jesus…

26Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

29And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!

35And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

48And straightway one of them ran, and took a sponge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a stick, and gave him to drink.

34But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Ok, so the latest tests have revealed some extremely interesting artefacts which were buried with Jesus, and are seen on the shroud.
The Jewish people have a tradition of making sure any blood which may get spilled is cleaned up and buried along with the deceased. So anything which has the victims blood on it, is also buried along with the deceased.
This explains why the following things were discovered in the image…

1) Two crown of thorns
2) Pair of dice
3) A pole with a sponge attached
4) A broken pole with a spear tip
5) Coins with ceasar's head on it (proving the correct time period)
6) A spike, like the ones used to crucify from Roman period.

View the images here…
http://www.duke.edu/~adw2/shroud/stills.htm

Does this bring a shiver down your spine or what!?

John
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 05:03:31 AM by bronzesnake » Logged
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 11:52:55 AM »

no, it isn't real. Jesus was wrapped with several strips of cloths.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 11:54:39 AM »

I love this stuff... and yet people will STILL NOT believe....

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 12:35:06 PM »

I'll find scripture that it isn't real

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 12:46:17 PM »

I'll find scripture that it isn't real

Actually go here http://www.keyway.ca/htm2002/shroud.htm

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »

I've also been fascinated by this...and I would like to 'agree to disagree', with some of the article posted by David james.

First, the quote from Luke 24, according to my J.P Green Interlinear Bible, literally translates:

"But having risen, Peter ran to the tomb, and bending down he sees the linen lying alone. And (he) went away wondering..."

Also, as far as 'long hair' being a shame, historically the hair in Jesus day and preceeding WAS shoulder length. What the people did to cut their hair was called 'polling'. They would gather all their hair in their fist at the back of their neck and cut the hair that grew further than the end of their fist. This would be approximately shoulder length hair.

You also have to take into account the 'Nazirite vows' that God Himself prescribed for the Jews (as with Sampson). They would begin by shaving their head and abstaining from the fruit of the vine. The length of their hair would be a sign to others of the length of time they kept their vow. If God prescribed this, I don't think it would denote 'shame' to the keeper of the vow.

When Jesus appeared to the disciples, His face was no longer disfigured but healed and recognizable - never was it written that His face was 'marred' beyond recognition after He rose from the dead, surely that would be mentioned by the disciples.  He did though, appear to hide His identity from them at certain times but the scarring on His face would certainly have been mentioned. He retained  his scars in His hands and feet, as specifically mentioned in Scripture, and the spear in His side. Could it be that at the point of resurrection He would be restored according to the Father's plan in order to enable people to understand the fact of His resurrection from the dead?

This is from Gary Stearman on the Shroud:

Dr. Alan Whanger of Duke University has made a startling discovery about the Shroud of Turin, the burial shroud of a crucified man believed to be that of Jesus. The image of the face shows, not only the features of the exterior skin, hair, and woulding on the face, but shows incredible details of the bone structure as well. In short, the image includes an x-ray of the skull, complete with eye sockets, sinus and nasal cavities and teeth -- showing even the roots of the teeth above the gum lines.

The features of the hands actually contain an x-ray of the bones, not only in the fingers, but in the palms as well.

Dr. Whanger concluded that the images on the cloth had to be produced by some kind of internal radiation from within the body. The obvious explanation is that the resurrection power was a burst of glory that began within the body and radiated outward to the cloth. The light scorched the features on the cloth at the instant of regeneration. Had the resurrection taken longer than a split second, the shroud could have vaporized.

The only logical conclusion at this point is the Shekinah or primeval light from a higher dimension entered this earthly realm and imparted life back into the dead flesh and bones -- the body that had been rained of its blood.

The shroud caught the moment and photographically recorded the evidence of the resurrection.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »

Hello David,

Be careful what information you get from the internet. The information given on that web site is not totally correct. (Also take note that particular church does not recognize the deity of Jesus Christ.) I am notsaying the Shroud of Turin is a genuine artifact but there is much in that web site that is incorrect. One such thing is the comment on the coins. Archaeological research has uncovered a coin from a time frame shortly after the death of Christ that does have a depiction of Him on it and His name inscribed on the reverse side. The image is quite rough and not a good image according to the art of that time so therefore does not give a good idea of what He looked like but still the same it does exist.

Scripture tells us that it was linen cloths. It does not say that it was "strips of cloth".  The burial procedures of that time required more than one piece of linen. The body would be wrapped in one piece of linen with spices and other such scent producing items like myrrh. A napkin or cloth would be wrapped around the head in a manner as to hold the jaw up as to help keep the mouth shut. The hands would be bound together as would the feet also. Then a piece of linen would be laid on the stone, the body laid on it and the linen would then be brought back up to drape loosely over the entire body. This last piece is what is called a burial shroud. So you can see where such a shroud might fit into the written scripture. Is the Shroud of Turin valid? Only God knows for sure. Praise God that we do not need such "proof" to have faith in Him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »

no, it isn't real. Jesus was wrapped with several strips of cloths.

Hello my friend.
I'm not claiming it is the actual burial cloth of Jesus, but I'm also not saying it is not either.
I'm simply pointing out facts surrounding the shroud and the facts are absolutly amazing.

Here's a few things to consider...

You correctly pointed out that Jewish tradition of the day had the body of the deceased being wrapped in several strips of linen.
Almost like a mummy, and within those strips were placed spices and plants, which by the way, were found within the shroud.

OK there’s actually a few things to consider here…

Do you recall that the Jewish leaders asked for the legs of Jesus to be broken so that He would die quicker before the Passover began?
The Roman soldiers would hasten death by smashing the bones in the legs, and making it impossible for the victim to raise himself up to take in air. The victims would suffocate to death because their legs were broken.

Jesus gave up His own life, and it was not taken from Him.
So when the Romans approached Jesus to break His legs, they found that He was already dead and did not break His legs, which fulfilled the Old Testament prophecies from  Numbers 9:12; and  Psalm34:20

Num 9:12 They shall leave none of it unto the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the passover they shall keep it.

Psa 34:20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

The Roman soldiers ended up piercing His heart, which fulfilled Zechariah 12:10. And Psalms 22:14

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.

Psa 22:14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

Notice that Jesus’ bones were “out of joint” - dislocated, but not broken.

Alright, one major important fact we can know from the previous scriptures is there was a hurry to get things done because of the Passover.
So, Jesus’ body was taken down from the cross and wrapped in linen.
A face cloth and a full shroud were used.
The body was laid to rest that way until after the Passover, when the body would have been prepared fully as the following scriptures prove…

Luke 23
50Now there was a man named Joseph, a member of the Council, a good and upright man, 51who had not consented to their decision and action. He came from the Judean town of Arimathea and he was waiting for the kingdom of God. 52Going to Pilate, he asked for Jesus' body. 53Then he took it down, wrapped it in linen cloth and placed it in a tomb cut in the rock, one in which no one had yet been laid. 54It was Preparation Day, and the Sabbath was about to begin. 55The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.
They planned on coming back following the Sabbath and finishing the job as the following scriptures detail…

Luk 24:1 Now upon the first [day] of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain [others] with them.

Luk 24:2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.

Luk 24:3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.

Luk 24:12 Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.

John
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 11:34:42 PM »

AMEN!

This is a beautiful thread, and I say so for a number of reasons. We might be talking about GOD'S Last Messages to the lost that HE is real! I know full well that GOD has nothing to prove, and GOD doesn't need to give mankind any more evidence that HE is real. However, I have these thoughts that many recent discoveries should cause the lost to reconsider again, or that these discoveries would give Christians maybe one more time to witness before it's too late.

I have also been fascinated by the Shroud of Turin, but there are countless other discoveries near Jerusalem that have also fascinated me. I'm talking about a huge number of details that match perfectly with the Holy Bible. We're talking about ancient structures of all kinds that are exactly where the Bible says they are. One doesn't have to dig down very far to find thousands of artifacts that are EVIDENCE that the BIBLE is TRUE - COMPLETELY TRUE! Do you find it amazing that the number of discoveries have recently increased? WHY? I obviously have no idea if these discoveries are intentional from GOD at a critical time, but I would like to think that they are. WHY? Are the Last Days of this Age of Grace approaching? If so, what will that mean for the lost? GOD has given mankind thousands of years to investigate the evidence HE'S Given us that HE IS GOD - THE CREATOR - THE MASTER - THE KING OF KINGS - GOD THE FATHER - GOD THE SON - GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT - THE CHRIST!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 4:1-25 ASV  1  What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather, hath found according to the flesh?  2  For if Abraham was justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not toward God.  3  For what saith the scripture? And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness.  4  Now to him that worketh, the reward is not reckoned as of grace, but as of debt.  5  But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is reckoned for righteousness.  6  Even as David also pronounceth blessing upon the man, unto whom God reckoneth righteousness apart from works,  7  saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, And whose sins are covered.  8  Blessed is the man to whom, the Lord will not reckon sin.  9  Is this blessing then pronounced upon the circumcision, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say, To Abraham his faith was reckoned for righteousness.  10  How then was it reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision:  11  and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while he was in uncircumcision; that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be in uncircumcision, that righteousness might be reckoned unto them;  12  and the father of circumcision to them who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham which he had in uncircumcision.  13  For not through the law was the promise to Abraham or to his seed that he should be heir of the world, but through the righteousness of faith.  14  For if they that are of the law are heirs, faith is made void, and the promise is made of none effect:  15  for the law worketh wrath; but where there is no law, neither is there transgression.  16  For this cause it is of faith, that it may be according to grace; to the end that the promise may be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all  17  (as it is written, A father of many nations have I made thee) before him whom he believed, even God, who giveth life to the dead, and calleth the things that are not, as though they were.  18  Who in hope believed against hope, to the end that he might become a father of many nations, according to that which had been spoken, So shall thy seed be.  19  And without being weakened in faith he considered his own body now as good as dead (he being about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb;  20  yet, looking unto the promise of God, he wavered not through unbelief, but waxed strong through faith, giving glory to God,  21  and being fully assured that what he had promised, he was able also to perform.  22  Wherefore also it was reckoned unto him for righteousness.  23  Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was reckoned unto him;  24  but for our sake also, unto whom it shall be reckoned, who believe on him that raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,  25  who was delivered up for our trespasses, and was raised for our justification.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 03:37:32 AM »

Hello David,

Be careful what information you get from the internet. The information given on that web site is not totally correct. (Also take note that particular church does not recognize the deity of Jesus Christ.)

I didn't know that. I just noticed an article that says Jesus was completely human. So much for that site.

bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 03:59:16 PM »

I didn't know that. I just noticed an article that says Jesus was completely human. So much for that site.

Hello D.J.
I understand how you feel. It is so hard today to discern what sites to trust and which to distrust.
Recently  was perusing a site which on the surface seemed like a fantastic Christian resource, and in particular in relation to Prophecy, and creation/evolution.

The site made all the right noises in relation to Jesus, but I noticed they never actually came right out and proclaimed the truth that Jesus is God, and so I began to become suspicious.
sure enough, after doing a little investigating I discovered it was a Church Of Latter Day Saints web site.

I always check the sites "About Us" section. if they are a legitimate Christian site the first thing you will read is an affirmation that Jesus is God.
After that, you still need to be very careful that not even one single piece of info on that site goes against any scriptures.

Some of these groups are becoming extremely tricky, and in fact, they have more tricks than a clown has in his pocket!

It is a difficult task at times, but we must make as much effort as we possibly can to make sure we are not being fooled.
I have even gone as far as e-mailing them to ask about their specific beliefs.

Take care my friend.

John
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the