Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:57:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  About Me
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Is there anyone that will hold me accountable?
Is there anyone that will teach me? - 0 (0%)
Is there anyone that can help me with my journey? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: About Me  (Read 3911 times)
shardae

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »

Hello everyone I actually just registered today and I first came to this website yesterday and read through a couple of the posts. I am here because I seek more knowledge I want to learn more about Christ and the Bible. I am studying the Bible but I honestly do find it hard to understand sometimes. I purchase life application study books to use as a refernce when I am reading and I do find that helpful. Mostly I am here for education and fellowship. I don't really know anyone that has hunger for knowledge and spiritual growth. I am getting in to church and finally getting serious about my faith. I need help. I need information. I need fellowship. I yearn for fellowship because I believe it is easier to walk with God when you have people around you that do the same. I need friends that will help me learn more about the Bible and hold me accountable for studying and memorizing scripture. So on another note, I am a stay at home mom with a son that is 1 and a daughter that is 1 month. I want to be able to quote scripture and teach them about their father. I have read through some posts and I love the knowledge that blackeyedpeas, Pastor Roger, and grammyluv possess. From what I have read they are able to use scriptures as evidence as what they are saying and I desire that. I know it will take time, dedication, study, and fellowship. Thank you all ahead of time for taking the time to read about me- Shardae Smiley I also would like any information about this website- posting and any other information and advice for new people.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »

Hello shardae,

Welcome to Christians Unite forums. I look forward to seeing more of your posts here and to also have some great Christian fellowship with you.

Please feel free to join in any number of the Bible study threads that we already have started and to ask questions as you feel the need to or to start your own threads.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 02:58:12 PM »

Hello Shardae,

WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and we look forward to having fellowship with you. I'm very happy that you are seeking Strength in CHRIST, especially that you plan to use that Strength for your young children. They are an awesome Gift from GOD, and bringing them up in the ways of the LORD is the ultimate Love you can show them.

GOD HIMSELF holds us accountable, especially for Christians trying to raise a family. In fact, GOD holds us accountable for all things in a good way. I say "good" because there is no condemnation for those who are in CHRIST. Christians face a different judgment than the lost. We are judged for Rewards instead of punishment. The Rewards are Eternal and are over and beyond Salvation.

I'm a little bit confused by your poll, but I think that I might understand. We all try to help and encourage each other here, and we pray for each other. The things we seek definitely involve fellowship and sharing with each other. GOD freely gives us all good things, and they can't be compared to what the world has to offer.

If you are a relatively new Christian, the best advice I can give you is to consistently try to make GOD the Head over your life - and make him the center CORE of your life. At best, this is a short life, and not one of us knows how many days or hours we have here. I firmly believe that one of the first things we need to do is learn that GOD is exactly WHO HE says that HE is - The CREATOR - The KING OF KINGS! There is much more than just this short life - ETERNITY is REAL. Another important fact is the Holy Bible is GOD'S WORD and worthy of many hours of diligent study - in fact a lifetime of study.

Knowing that you're SAVED is obviously the best and most important step - the most important decision of your entire life. From here, GOD does want you to grow in the Strength of CHRIST. Studying GOD'S WORD is the best way to do that. We have a huge variety of Godly materials on the forum that should give you many ideas for Bible Study. Feed your SPIRIT good and GODLY things every day to make it Strong. You will have it for Eternity.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 6:11-20 NIV  11  Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.  12  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  13  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  14  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,  15  and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  16  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  17  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.  18  And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.  19  Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,  20  for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

shardae

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 03:11:19 PM »

Hello Pastor Roger I have just a few questions what is a global moderator and what do the stars mean? Is there anywhere that I can learn how to navigate the website? Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you again.
shardae

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 03:22:55 PM »

I'm a little bit confused by your poll, but I think that I might understand. 

Yes, well it was my first post and I hit post poll instead of post topic...I was wondering why it was forcing me to ask questions. Thanks for responding. I do know I am saved and I have done the ABC's of salvation.

Accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour
Believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for you and rose again on the third day
Confess your sins and ask for forgiveness
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:26:49 PM by shardae » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 03:43:16 PM »

Yes, well it was my first post and I hit post poll instead of post topic...I was wondering why it was forcing me to ask questions. Thanks for responding. I do know I am saved and I have done the ABC's of salvation.

Accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour
Believe in your heart that Jesus Christ died for you and rose again on the third day
Confess your sins and ask for forgiveness

AMEN!

The best is yet to come. Learning about what this really means causes Peace, Joy, and Comfort. The examples are endless if you yield yourself to GOD and make HIM the core of your life.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:31-39 ASV  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?  32  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not also with him freely give us all things?  33  Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth;  34  who is he that condemneth? It is Christ Jesus that died, yea rather, that was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.  35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or anguish, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?  36  Even as it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; We were accounted as sheep for the slaughter.  37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,  39  nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 1:13-23 ASV  in whom ye also, having heard the word of the truth, the gospel of your salvation, - in whom, having also believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,  14  which is an earnest of our inheritance, unto the redemption of God's own possession, unto the praise of his glory.  15  For this cause I also, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which is among you, and the love which ye show toward all the saints,  16  cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;  17  that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him;  18  having the eyes of your heart enlightened, that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,  19  and what the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to that working of the strength of his might  20  which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and made him to sit at his right hand in the heavenly places,  21  far above all rule, and authority, and power, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:  22  and he put all things in subjection under his feet, and gave him to be head over all things to the church,  23  which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 03:44:33 PM »

Hello Pastor Roger I have just a few questions what is a global moderator and what do the stars mean? Is there anywhere that I can learn how to navigate the website? Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you again.

Global Moderator simply means that we are moderators over all areas of the entire forum. There are 5 global moderators here. Brother Tom (blackeyedpeas), DreamWeaver, Grammyluv, Brother Jerry and myself. All of the moderators are all unpaid volunteers here to simply serve the Lord in the best way we can.

Other than reading the forum rules you might want to check out the following thread. Just click on it and it will take you right to it.

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=9751.0

Other than that all I can suggest is just to look around and check out the different things as you go and if you still have difficulty with anything feel free to ask questions. I'm sure that all of us here would be more than happy to help out.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »

Hello Shardae,

Here's another link to tell you a little bit about our purpose here:

INVITATION QUESTION
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=9824.0

The forum is divided up into broad areas, and each area has a description of what you should expect to find there. This will help you to find areas of interest and avoid areas you aren't interested in at all. As an example, some Christians talk about politics and others hate the subject. We do have an area for politics, mainly because politics impacts our quality of life, freedom, and specifically the liberty of Christians in serving the LORD.

There's really a big variety of just about every topic that effects Christians, so you might have some fun exploring.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 115:13 NIV  13  he will bless those who fear the LORD-- small and great alike.

Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 08:19:18 PM »

Welcome to Christians Unite, Shardae.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
shardae

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 08:52:46 PM »

Thank you blackeyedpeas and Jon-Marc for the welcome. Quick question: what do the stars under everyone's name represent?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 09:04:12 PM »

Thank you blackeyedpeas and Jon-Marc for the welcome. Quick question: what do the stars under everyone's name represent?

Hello Shardae,

It's been a long time since anyone has asked that question, so I hope that I get it right. I know that I'll get part of it right, but I'm not sure that I remember the numbers. The stars pertain to how many posts you've made.

1 star - to 49 posts
2 stars - to 99 posts
3 stars - to 249 posts
4 stars - to 499 posts
5 stars - 500 and over.

I think that's correct, and I can't remember where to go check right now. If I find it, I'll post it, but I'm almost sure what I posted is right.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 12:1-2 ASV  1  Therefore let us also, seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising shame, and hath sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 11:34:33 AM »

Welcome Shardae!  Sorry I'm late in welcoming you to the forums but it is so nice to have you here.  As the other have said, just do your exploring around the site and as questions come up, just ask!  The moderators are always willing to help.  I pray that you like it here and that you will learn much as you roam around.
One thing to remember about our Lord is that He is ALWAYS with you.  Just talk to Him like you would to anyone.  If you are happy, tell Him.  If you are struggling, tell Him.  If you are angry or upset, tell Him.  He already knows anyway and will send you comfort when you ask.  Go to the second hand stores and possibly find Veggie Tales movies to watch with your 1 year old or a Bible story book to read to him/her.  You'll get something out of it too!

In Christ,
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 12:28:05 PM »

Hi shardae, welcome to Christians Unite forum. I'm sorry I'm late in welcoming you to the forum.

shardae

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »

Welcome Shardae!  Sorry I'm late in welcoming you to the forums but it is so nice to have you here.  As the other have said, just do your exploring around the site and as questions come up, just ask!  The moderators are always willing to help.  I pray that you like it here and that you will learn much as you roam around.
One thing to remember about our Lord is that He is ALWAYS with you.  Just talk to Him like you would to anyone.  If you are happy, tell Him.  If you are struggling, tell Him.  If you are angry or upset, tell Him.  He already knows anyway and will send you comfort when you ask.  Go to the second hand stores and possibly find Veggie Tales movies to watch with your 1 year old or a Bible story book to read to him/her.  You'll get something out of it too!

In Christ,
Grammyluv
Thanks grammyluv and I also had a chance to read your testimony and it is beautiful.
shardae

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 09:12:16 PM »

Hi shardae, welcome to Christians Unite forum. I'm sorry I'm late in welcoming you to the forum.
No problem dreamweaver. Thank you and I have seen your replies in some of the threads and I look forward to hearing more of your knowledge.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the