Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Tired of being single while everyone else dates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tired of being single while everyone else dates  (Read 7179 times)
Adopted_By_God16

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »

I'm a teenage girl who is struggling because so many of my friends have dates.  There seems to be no one special out there for me.  I know that God has someone special for me but it would help to be able to find biblical support for taht statement.  Can anyone help me find verses that show that God knows my desires and longings and will provied what is best for me in the department of guys?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 05:56:39 PM »

Hello ABG16,

Welcome to Christians Unite forums. I sincerely hope that you will enjoy your time here.

I know that you won't much like the advice but believe me when I say that it is best for you after all God knows what is best for us. All in God's time is a saying that does apply. When the time is right He will bring the right person into your life. Just don't rush it by going after the first person that comes along. At your age it may seem to be the "thing" to do because "everybody else is doing it" but in the long run you will be glad that you did take your time in this aspect and you will also be glad that your parents have stood their ground on it also.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
bloodofthelamb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 06:10:29 AM »

I know how you feel, sweetie. I'm 21 and I've never gone on a date or even been kissed. I've prayed for a boyfriend but my prayers haven't been answered. I have mild autism, which makes it all the worse. You still have hope. Me, I'm not so sure.

The Lord is my Shepherd.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 07:31:21 AM »

Hello Adopted_By_God16,

I apologize for being so late in welcoming you, so WELCOME!

Philippians 4:19 ASV  And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19 speaks volumes and answers many of our questions. Our part is to pray and ask for GOD'S guidance and patiently wait. Learning patience is important for us because GOD always answers the best and in HIS own time for us. HIS Will for us is also the best for us. This portion of Scripture speaks of more serious needs if you put it in context, but please see "every need of yours".

Romans 8:28 ASV  And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:32 ASV  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not also with him freely give us all things?

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:1-2 NASB  1  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,  2  through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 11:17:51 AM »

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

It's amazing how my favorite verse applies in every situation no matter what your age.  You can know that God knows exactly what is going on with you and what the desires of your heart are.  Who is to say that He isn't preparing the heart of just the right person for right now and will reveal Him to you at exactly the perfect time!
Don't let my 'handle' fool you.  I am still young and of a dateable age, however I haven't had a relationship in 6 years!  I feel that God is using this time for He and I to work on OUR relationship so that it will be good, firm and strong to withstand, biblically all the different types of weather that come with a relationship.
There are things you can do right now though to fill up the empty space and time and to meet other young people.  You can join a youth group at church or in your neighborhood.  They go on many outings and a lot of times join up with other youth groups, thereby increasing your chance of meeting many others and have fun doing it!
The main thing is to remember that God loves you more than you can imagine and more than any other ever will.  So get out there and enjoy yourself!  Summer is coming! 

Let us fight the good fight!
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 03:58:45 PM »

All of the great bits of wisdom have been spoken on this one.  God has a plan for you and it can be hard to wait on His timing, but it is always worth it.  Trust that He will provide for you just what you need and it will be that way.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
freelygive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 07:10:30 AM »

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. (Genesis 2:18)

God setteth the solitary in families (Psalms 68:6a)

I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please. (Song of Solomon 2:7)

Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them. (Isaiah 34:16)

The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate. (Psalms 34:22)

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. (Psalms 37:25)

Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD. Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes; For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited. Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more. For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer. For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee. For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee. (Isaiah 51:1-10)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 12:13:30 PM by freelygive » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the