Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  New Comer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Comer  (Read 32881 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2009, 03:10:27 PM »

Amen!

How are you today Sister May?

I'm tired and thinking about taking it easy today. We've had repairs and remodeling on our home, and we're now busy trying to find things and put them away where we can find them easier the next time. Our kids did a lot of the work for us, and everything was put in the garage during the painting, etc. So, we're finding things that we didn't want to find.   Grin   The things we use often are hard to find. We are creatures of habit, and we knew where everything was for 30 years. We're not complaining. We also got to throw away and give away some things that we have no idea why we had them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 14:16-18 NIV  16  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--  17  the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.  18  I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

May

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2009, 01:34:58 PM »

Hi Tom,
I'm fine by God Grace.
I know you are tired but remember the joy of my lord is my strength
I have an excellent news to share with all of you
My beloved daughter Rachel will be engage on Saturday 26th September 2009 @ 17:00
She will be engage with a born again christian
151 person are invited. A wonderful christian party.
do not forget us in prayer
May this party be a blessing for all
May JESUS - CHRIST  BE THE LORD ON THIS DAY

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2009, 02:05:53 PM »

Hello Sister May,

CONGRATULATIONS!

It's nice to hear about this happy time for your family. May God richly bless this young couple and both families. They will be in my prayers. I'm also happy to hear that the young couple are both Christians, so God will be in their home.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 12:4-5 NLT  Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function,  5  so it is with Christ's body. We are all parts of his one body, and each of us has different work to do. And since we are all one body in Christ, we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS! to all. It is indeed a time to be happy.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
May

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2009, 04:52:53 AM »

Hello my beloved Christian Family
Thank Pastor Roger & Tom
Today I' M on Local Leave.Take this opportunity to greet all of you
JESUS IS LORD OF LORDS
JESUS IS KING OF KINGS
JESUS IS ENOUGH FOR US
JESUS THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES
JESUS IS OUR PROVIDER
HALLELUJAH WE LOVE JESUS
JESUS WILL RETURN BACK SOON
PRAISE THE NAME OF JESUS
I LOVE JESUS
May

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2009, 05:31:47 AM »

Hi Tom,
I know you are on line
Please may I asked you a question
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2009, 05:38:07 AM »

Amen!

Hello Sister May,

I had trouble going to sleep, so here I am on the forum. There's a peace and calm that comes from reading God's Word and Godly materials, so that's what I do when I can't sleep.

It's nice to hear from you, and I'm happy that you're getting some time off. I remember how I looked forward to days off and vacations, but now I'm retired and it seems I'm busier than ever. The difference is that I stay busy doing my favorite things that are usually Christian volunteer work. I just give thanks that God still uses me for whatever He will.

Yes, I also think that Jesus is coming to catch us up in the clouds soon. Tonight would be just fine with me. Until then, may God strengthen and encourage us all.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:16-32 ASV  For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  17  For therein is revealed a righteousness of God from faith unto faith: as it is written, But the righteous shall live by faith.  18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hinder the truth in unrighteousness;  19  because that which is known of God is manifest in them; for God manifested it unto them.  20  For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse:  21  because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened.  22  Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,  23  and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.  24  Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves:  25  for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.  26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature:  27  and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due.  28  And even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting;  29  being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity; whisperers,  30  backbiters, hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,  31  without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, unmerciful:  32  who, knowing the ordinance of God, that they that practise such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but also consent with them that practise them.

2 Timothy 1:7-10 ASV  For God gave us not a spirit of fearfulness; but of power and love and discipline.  8  Be not ashamed therefore of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but suffer hardship with the gospel according to the power of God;  9  who saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before times eternal,  10  but hath now been manifested by the appearing of our Saviour Christ Jesus, who abolished death, and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2009, 05:39:37 AM »

Hi Tom,
I know you are on line
Please may I asked you a question

Hello Sister May,

I was reading and thought I was alone - then I saw you online. Sure - your most welcome to ask me a question.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2009, 06:13:20 AM »

Hello Sister May,

You were still online when I replied, so I guess that you missed it and logged off. You're always welcome to ask a question, and we'll do the best we can to answer it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

May

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2009, 06:43:54 AM »

Hi Tom,
Good night,Sleep as an angel
May you dream about heaven
My Question is simple
How is an engagement Christian party celebrated?

My programme on that day is:-

5:00p.m - 6:00p.m   cocktail & snack
6:05pm - 8:00p.m     Religious ceremony:- choral, praise & worship,preaching of God word, exchange of engagement ring -one ring for my daughter & one ring for my future in law,ceremonial speech by 4 persons, Thank God,
Cutting of the big cake, received gifts & take photos ( NO FOOD OR DRINK SERVED DURING CEREMONY)
8:05p.m - 9:00p.m    Dinner
only soft drink & Champagne
what do you think?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2009, 12:51:30 PM »

Hello Sister May,

That's all different from family to family, according to the wishes of the bride. Our customs are fairly simple in my extended family and we've never done an engagement ceremony that I know of. Many of these things are also according to the culture and customs of the people in that particular area or country. Other things would also be according to family. As an example, my family wouldn't serve alcoholic beverages at any event. This would be a matter of opinion for us regarding testimony, but I won't debate this issue. I know that I didn't help you much.

Love In Christ,
Tom

May

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2009, 01:10:58 PM »

Tom,
I'm really sorry.here in Mauritius our culture may be difference but we are children of God
We must abide to God law  & rule
I have only one child but i want my party be according to God's Will
I will not served alcoholic beverages
champagne without alcohol
The desire of my heart is JESUS BE THE LORD OF THIS PARTY
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2009, 01:31:56 PM »

Hello Sister May,

I wasn't trying to criticize. You asked me for my opinion, and I do know that things are different for country, culture, and family by family. A good description for my family might be simple, conservative Christians. I have a family full of pastors and missionaries, so "very conservative Christians" or old-fashioned Christians might be a better description. In fact, we have several generations of pastors and missionaries.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:8-9 ASV  8  But God commendeth his own love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, shall we be saved from the wrath of God through him.

May

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2009, 12:54:49 AM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Hi Tom,
I really sorry, may be a misunderstood
I regret with all my heart that I  have hurt you
i do apologize
Tom, for me you are my beloved Pastor on line,my dear friend, my counsellor,my good Shepherd
you are so kind always here to help & advice
Please i beg you in Jesus' name to forgive me
I realize that America people for engagement just go to a restaurant,having dinner or lunch & offer the girl a ring
Once again sorry
May Jesus be our witness
Love in Christ
Sister May
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2009, 01:24:27 AM »

Hello Sister May,

No apology is necessary. I do understand. There are many different cultures and customs in my country because we were colonized by immigrants from all over the world. I live in Southwest Oklahoma in a part of the country known for being Christian conservatives. Some of these labels are now confused with politics, so it's hard even here to determine what someone means by these labels. We have to ask them to explain what they mean before we can know.

The world is a confusing place today. Everyone might have a different definition for the same word. I can travel just a few miles in any direction and find communities of different cultures, ethnic origins, and various religious beliefs. So, being different is nothing new. I could probably find people here with the same customs and culture as you do. I obviously don't know or understand all about the culture and customs of others, and I'm sure that the same is true for them understanding mine. I live right next to a huge military base with people from all over the country continually coming and leaving. So, I have a variety of interesting neighbors with various backgrounds.

Sister, you didn't say anything to hurt my feelings at all, and I hope that I didn't say anything to hurt your feelings. That was not my intention and I know the same is true for you. We're just having a friendly discussion.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the