Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:21:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Williambaptist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Williambaptist  (Read 2970 times)
Williambaptist

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »

Hi, im william, thought i would share my journey to the Lord. When i was 16 years old i started a destrutive life of drugs and drink,it got so bad at points i would fall asleep at someonese house and wake up the next morning having no idea where i was. Well that kept on til i was 18 and i over dosed on sleeping medication and was sent to rehab. I thank God for the staff at rehab, they made as easy as it could be. I got out a month later and have been clean since.Well the effects of the drugs left me beaten and battered, it triggered a disorder in my chemical balances that caulses me to be terrified of things that normally wouldnt. Such as the sky (believe it or not) i became isolated, never wanting to leave the house.. back in 2007 my grand mother passed away at 93 years old. i felt like i losted my rock. she taught me what i know about church and God. it tore my world apart. i was so mad that she was taken away. but the second night of her veiwing i was sitting out side in the freezing cold and it was pitch black dark out. i started praying so hard for some relief to the pain. I recived a message that cut me to the very core. i never have heared a man or woman say something that could have this powerful impact on me. all it said was *Ill see you on the other side*.. i remember it like it was 5 minutes ago. from there i got married so young and so fast.. i was scared to death of being alone. Well she was a wonderful person but we wasnt ment for each other in the lest.she was pagan and i was lost but with my history, grand father was a preacher, grand mothers was very strong christians, i was longing for something that no person on earth could give me. She ended up leaving me which i dont blame her and as far as i know she is happy where she is. Well anyways about a year ago i met my anwser to my prayers. we started on a jorney of searching back in nov of 07 the lord had been working on my heart for a while. i got up and walked in to my grand mothers church. i was scared and so unsure of everything. i walked in to that church and i got welcomed like i was a old friend. my grandmother during prayer requests said *i would like to thank God for working on my grandsons heart, ive never seen him in church before and it does my heart joy to see him here* i was instantly put to tears. well realizing that i was at the lowest point in my life and i had tried everything i had gave up. then after the preaching and singing the alter was opened up and i heared that voice again like the night of my grandmothers funeral. it said *come to me* i looked over at my now fiance and in tears i stepped out in to the isle and made the choice. I chose Jesus. i was saved on nov. 9th of 2007, baptized nov 16th 2007. I go to church every sunday and bible studies on tuesday. Well nomrally that would be the end of my story but not by a long shot. i prayed and prayed that the same blessings and gifts i had recived my fiance would make the choice to. sure enough she did about a month after me. and was baptized today. i thank God for everything he has done. well as of right now God is working on my heart to preach his word and give testimony to him and what he has done.. i had a hard time with that i didnt think i was good enough to preach or in the lest worried about it and everything was new and was it all b.c it was new and i told a good man what i was going through last week and bible studies. he is a pastor at are church and he said* ill tell you the same thing a man told me when i asked him the same questions. What does your heart desire.* i said my heart desires to preach and help as many people as i can learn about the blessings are father has for us. he said * then thats your  answer. is God putting on your heart to preach then do it. step out in faith* so im making my choice and making the annoncment in 2 weeks that im being called to preach. my plan is to work and study for 1 year under the guidance of God and the pastors at my church and on the anniversity of my baptisim, God willing, i will give my first sermon. so thats my story i thank God for my salvation and for all my brothers and sisters in the Lord for the guidance and acceptance for me at my lowest moment and i look forward to working for the Lord and guiding his lost childern in to his arms. my greatest hopes are not the rewards in heaven but to share them rewards with everyone that will hear the words of God and to come to him. God bless you all

William
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 08:23:35 PM »

Hello William,

Welcome to Christians Unite forums. A beautiful testimony. Jesus Christ is indeed a wonderful and merciful God.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 10:03:59 AM »

Hello William,

WELCOME!

YES, GOD is the answer for all of us. I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 103:12 NASB  As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 11:17:09 PM »

Welcome to Christians Unite Forums, William.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the