Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:43:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Looking for God's purpose in my life
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for God's purpose in my life  (Read 1105 times)
broken1

How can I help you today?

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2004, 03:24:40 PM »

Lately since losing my job and deciding to go back to school full-time...I have really been praying and studying trying to figure out exactly what God's will is for my life. I feel i am at a crossroad and don't know which way to turn...I thought my life was all planned out. I knew what I wanted to do and I was headed in that direction. Now it seems as if a road block has been thrown up and I don't know where to go..Pray that God will make known to me what direction to take...waiting in the Lord. Be still and know that I am God.....I'm trying Huh

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their stringth; they sahll mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they sahll walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 KJV
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 03:48:40 PM »

Broken1;
Did God put up the roadblock, or is it the result of something else?  I would say that would be the first thing you need God to answer.  Is the roadblock an attempt by Him to keep you on the right path?

I believe that as long as God is your copilot – there are no “wrong turns”.  God lets us make decisions and guides us on the paths we choose – free will – for me that is what my faith is all about.  

As long as they are paths of righteousness – can we make wrong choices, or are they just different choices?  

Pray for patience while you are waiting on God’s directions – also pray for perseverance.  (I’ll be praying with you!  I Promise!)  

Suggested reading:  The Book of Ecclesiastes.  Yep! – the WHOLE book (it’s fairly short).  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 03:43:03 PM »

Amen-good post, JN.

Broken1, I've been through the same thing so often, simply because the answer I've been searching for has been right under my nose the whole time. After five years of searching, this open door became the only thing I *could* do for God, so diligently had all the other doors been closed for me. It was a last resort for me, but it seems it was God's first priority. It's something I cherish. Life is good. And if I hadn't gone through all the pain of having those doors closed and locked, sometimes very painfully, I wouldn't be enjoying the gifts God really intended for me to use. I was unhappy where I was before. And God took care of that. He knew me better than I knew myself.

Don't worry. You may not see where this is leading, but believe me-God does.

All He wants from you is to be like Him. And where you go with that-He's got it taken care of. Just trust Him, even if you don't know what or where. He'll see to it you're there-if that means nothing more than missing a bus and talking to the right person while you're waiting for the next one. Or taking a wrong turn and ending up at the right church for you, simply because you're lost, you don't know where the intended new church is, and you've ended up at this one and it's time for the service to begin.

Don't worry. He's got it covered.

Love in Christ,
Whitehorse

broken1

How can I help you today?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 10:02:59 AM »

Thanks for the replies. I was unhappy in my job and Im sure God does have something in mind but I guess I am getting impatient and want to know right now what it is...know what I mean. but everything in God's time right?...Boy is it hard to be patient.

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their stringth; they sahll mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they sahll walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 KJV
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 08:46:33 PM »

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 01:24:13 AM »

Sym, I was wondering where the visuals had disappeared to!

Broken, what I do is pray hard, asking for the Lord's guidance, and that God will open and close doors, and then I go for it. If you ask Him, He'll do exactly that. You may not know where you're going, But God will see to it that you're in the right place at the right time. The hard part is being patient when He says no. But when the yes comes, it's worth it! The Bible says whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. God will guide you.

*hug*

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 07:52:36 PM »

Sym, I was wondering where the visuals had disappeared to!

Broken, what I do is pray hard, asking for the Lord's guidance, and that God will open and close doors, and then I go for it. If you ask Him, He'll do exactly that. You may not know where you're going, But God will see to it that you're in the right place at the right time. The hard part is being patient when He says no. But when the yes comes, it's worth it! The Bible says whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. God will guide you.

*hug*
Amen!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Jeeper

Searching For My Place In This World

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 05:35:33 PM »

Broken1 know how your feeling the job I currently hold isn't something I had in mind for what I want to do with my life.  But the path I have been trying to go down keeps getting closed off.  So most nights when I go to bed I pray hard to God asking what my purpose in life is?  Right now I guess I am just waiting for the answer but like you said waiting is so hard when you want to know now.  Keep talking with God and He will show the you way.  By the way White Horse great post.

Seeking God's Path In Life For Me
Pray Hard
God Bless
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the