Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:48:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  All history (ex.9/11) explained by Rev.13,17-18: Antichrist & Babylon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All history (ex.9/11) explained by Rev.13,17-18: Antichrist & Babylon  (Read 3668 times)
godislove85
« on: December 12, 2008, 09:47:40 PM »

Mystery Babylon of Revelation 17-18, Isaiah 13-14, 47-48; Jeremiah 50-51; etc. is America (as mine & many websites show if you search for "America babylon") & New York City, and there are many cities & nations like Iraq which God made fit the description of Babylon in many uncommon ways (although not fully like USA & NYC) to foreshadow the fall of America & NYC. 9/11 & THE DESTRUCTION OF IRAQ (location of Ancient Babylon) WERE GOD'S WARNING THAT NYC & AMERICA WILL SOON BE MADE UTTERLY DESOLATE (ISAIAH 13) BEFORE THE FALL OF THE REST OF THE NATIONS & JESUS' SECOND COMING.

Astoundingly, there are approximately forty cities on "seven hills" (Rev. 17:9), & many of them exceedingly resemble "Babylon the great whore" of Revelation 17-18 of whose wine all the nations drink, which is described as both a "woman" & "the great city," and who commits adultery against God, as opposed to the bride of Christ mentioned immediately afterward in Rev. 19! No wonder 17:9 calls special attention to the fact that Babylon is on seven hills by saying "here is the mind that has wisdom." These many cities on seven hills include (which are all discussed thoroughly on my website):

-the source & headquarters of the anti-Christ world religions and (in some cases) world empires including Judaism, Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Islam, Buddhism, & Hinduism: -Jerusalem, -Rome, Constantinople/Byzantium/Istanbul, Moscow, Mecca in Saudi Arabia the pilgrimage city of Islam
---Catholicism & Orthodoxy have a "woman" associated with them: Virgin Mary also called "the Queen of Heaven" & "Madonna," who exceedingly resembles the "Queen of Heaven" & Queen of Babylon Semiramis who too was worshipped together with her son Tammuz who resembles Jesus in many uncommon ways

-U.S. cities, which further supports that the U.S. is Mystery Babylon "the great city" (the Greek "polis" can refer to groups of cities as in the words megapolis, decapolis, etc., and Babylon is called a nation in Habakkuk 1:6)
---Hollywood (sometimes called "Hollywood Babylon"), whose "Hollywood Hills" has seven hills, and which is home to many women like Madonna & Britney Spears who resemble the great harlot of whose wine "all the nations drink"
---Seattle the most irreligious city in the U.S., San Francisco (called "Babylon by the Bay") where the Church of Satan was founded in 1966, & Melbourne in Australia

New York City (a.k.a. "Gotham" or "town of fools": the city where Batman a type (thing resembling in many uncommon ways) of the Antichrist "king of Babylon" [Is. 14:14] rules & who originally roamed NYC): Manhattan means "island of many hills" (due to its many hills such as "Murray Hill") as well as "whiskey" (& Babylon the great whore is said in 17:2 to make the nations "drunk"!)
---apparently only town in the world officially called Babylon is in Long Island, New York, in the suburbs of New York City, which is the home of the Amityville Horror, the most famous of all haunted places as Babylon the Great which is "the habitation of devils" [Rev. 18:2]
---the headquarters of the worldwide Church of Satan from 2001-present, formerly centered in San Francisco "the city on seven hills"!!! and of the United Nations which "reigneth over the kings of the Earth" (17:18)
---There are only seven neighborhoods with the word "hill" in EACH of these boroughs of New York City: Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn, as Mystery Babylon sits on "seven hills"
---Furthermore, there are many echoes of 9/11 in the Bible in connection with Babylon: for instance, all the merchants of the world weep in Revelation 18 (which is 9x2) beginning in verse 11 because Babylon the/a center of world trade has "fallen"; and the destruction of the Tower of Babylon at a time when there is a global language like English is today is mentioned only in the first 9 verses of Genesis 11.
---Furthermore, there are many uncommon resemblances between the Statue of "Liberty Enlightening the World" & both Jesus "the light of the world" (as Satan says "I will be like the most High" in Is. 14:14) and the whore of Babylon.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:51:04 PM by godislove85 » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 10:25:18 PM »

Hello Godislove85,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!

I hope you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

Ref. your post, I'll just say that I disagree with you completely, but that's no reason why we can't have fellowship together. There are numerous highly detailed threads on the forum about Bible Prophecy that you might find interesting. Careful study will indicate this part of the world isn't specifically mentioned in Bible Prophecy at all. The old world is the center for Bible Prophecy, and the names and descriptions are the same as they were at the time that the Bible was written. This part of the world may cease to be relevant, but it isn't a major player in Bible Prophecy at all. Instead, it isn't even mentioned. It may be destroyed, but not in connection with Babylon because it has nothing to do with Babylon.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 2:3  How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

godislove85
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 12:34:48 AM »

Hello Godislove85,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!

I hope you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

Ref. your post, I'll just say that I disagree with you completely, but that's no reason why we can't have fellowship together. There are numerous highly detailed threads on the forum about Bible Prophecy that you might find interesting. Careful study will indicate this part of the world isn't specifically mentioned in Bible Prophecy at all. The old world is the center for Bible Prophecy, and the names and descriptions are the same as they were at the time that the Bible was written. This part of the world may cease to be relevant, but it isn't a major player in Bible Prophecy at all. Instead, it isn't even mentioned. It may be destroyed, but not in connection with Babylon because it has nothing to do with Babylon.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 2:3  How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

If you look carefully at Is. 13-14, 47-48; Jer. 50-51; Rev. 17-18, and continue to "pray without ceasing" (1 Thess. 5:18) to God for understanding, you will see that the U.S. has everything to do with Babylon, friend, as 100s of websites show (if you type in "america babylon," or look at my own).  For instance, like Babylon, the U.S. is "the hindermost of [great] nations," "the glory of the kingdoms" (Is. 13:19) as the US is envied around the world, "the hammer of the Earth" (Jer. 50), where all "the nations stream to" (Jer. 51:44) as New York City is the headquarters of the United Nations & the worldwide Church of Satan, has "deceived all the nations" (Rev. 18:23) by its antichristian books/movies/music, etc.  God called it "MYSTERY Babylon" (Rev. 17:5) to conceal that THE Babylon, of which all the great nations/empires were foreshadowings of, is the U.S.

God bless you,
George
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:36:55 AM by godislove85 » Logged
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 01:06:04 AM »

Hello Godislove85, and welcome to Christians Unite forum.

I will disagree with you on America being mystery Babylon. Yes America is becoming a wicked nation but, it isn't Babylon mentioned in the Bible.

In recent years there have been many people declare that America is mystery Babylon found in the 17th chapter of Revelation. I suppose it would be easy to believe that we are mystery Babylon because of the disappointment with our government, the courts and the terrible immoral acts that are being committed in America. I would like to say that I am disappointed with America myself when it comes to these things. But, contrary to those who believe that America is mystery Babylon; I would like to share with you a few of the many reasons why that this is not the case. America is not what it should be from a Christian standpoint, but it is far from being the bloodthirsty Babylon of Revelation 17 and will never be.

In the vision that God gave John on the Island of Patmos, God showed John a harlot riding the back of a scarlet colored beast. She is an abomination unto God, She is an allegory or type and shadow of a group of people that God is going to pour out his indignation and wrath upon in the end times. As we get into the scriptures about this mystery many things will come to light.

Revelation 17:3-7, 18 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Notice in the above scripture in verse 5 that there is a comma between the words MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

This divides the title of this woman into four parts.
She is a Mystery.
She is Babylon the Great.
She the mother of harlots.
She the mother of abominations of the earth.

In the 17th chapter there are a number of things that God tells us about this woman, but the things that stand out to me are these.

She is a mystery, she is considered to be great, she is the mother of harlots, she is the mother of abominations, and she is that great city that rules over the kings of the earth. One thing to consider is that although we call her mystery Babylon, God himself never did. He said that she would be a mystery and called her Babylon the great but never called her mystery Babylon. We call her that but he didn’t, which is something to consider.

God gave us the first glimpse of her in Revelation 14:8.
Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Many people believe that Babylon of Revelation 14:8 and Babylon the great in Revelation 17:5 are two separate BabylonÂ’s. But when you look real close you will see that this is not the case but will find rather convincing similarities that they are one and the same.

The reasoning that some have is that the woman in Rev. 17 is called mystery Babylon and the city in Revelation 14: 8 is only called Babylon. Believing that one is a mystery and the other is the actual city of Babylon in modern day Iraq. If a person believes that the city that Saddam Hussein was trying to rebuild is going to make all nations drink of the wrath of her fornications and that she will be a great city before the time of the end then they are stretching their imaginations to the limit. This rebuild Babylon is nothing more than a museum or tourist attraction, something for Saddam Hussein to amuse himself with.

God promised in Jeremiah 51:37 saying that Babylon would never amount to anything again after the invasion of the Medes and Persians. This has come to pass. There have only been two cities that stand out as ruling nations and people these cities were Babylon and Rome. Babylon went under and will never rise to become anything that will be called great again. Since this is the case, and I believe it to be, then the Babylon of Rev. 14:8 has to be as much a mystery as the woman in Rev. 17:5, unless of course someone can tell us who it is.

So we have these similarities between the Babylon in Rev. 17th chapter and the Babylon in Rev. 14:8. They both are mysteries.

They are both called that great city. Rev. 14:8, Rev. 17:18.
Both are fornicators. Rev 17:4, Rev.14: 8.
They both cause others to sin. Rev. 17:2, Rev. 14:8.

Babylon the great in Revelation the 18th chapter is the same as the woman in Revelation the 17th chapter and Revelation 14:8. The 14th chapter tells us that Babylon will be destroyed. The 17th chapter identifies her and tells us more about who is going to destroy her. The 18th chapter tells how the other nations feel when they see this great city going up in flames and destruction.

Who is this city? Think on this, The Bible says, that she is a city. God told John that it was that great city that ruled over the kings of the earth. When we try to place America into this scenario we fail to think about the fact that we are a nation not a city. In every place it is spoken of it is a city, not a nation. We do not rule over the kings of the earth, we have a lot of influence but we do not force nations to obey us.

When God spoke to John he was revealing who this city was. It was the city that was ruling the kings of the earth in John’s day. It was the city of Rome itself. We don’t think of the city of Rome having any power today and it is true, but in John’s day it ruled the known world. It was a cruel vicious city that ruled men with a cruel hand. God has not punished Rome for her sins. She has killed more saints than any city in the world. With all her sins against God and humanity she still reigned over many nations for a thousand years. God has saved his wrath for her for the last days.

The city of Rome today has no military might to boast of but, she has a great authority over the Catholic faith that is in every nation of the world. She is the iron in the legs of the man in Nebuchadnezzar's dream which comes down into the feet and toes of this image of world powers. She has in her the strength of iron and has prevailed for centuries.

Try and compare the inhumanities when it comes to the city of Rome and the United States of America. Many feel that because the government allows abortion and homosexuals to go unpunished that America is mystery Babylon. There is a great difference in a government allowing people to make sinful choices and a government that commits the act itself. America canÂ’t even compare to the wickedness of Germany in the forties let alone compare to the city Rome.

In America ignorant sinners have abortions because they feel that an unborn child is not a person yet. I do not agree with this but they do it in ignorance. The Romans killed Christian families by the millions, men, women and children, making no distinction knowing that they were doing this as an intentional act against Christ and his church.

cont'd next post
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 01:08:21 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 01:18:07 AM »

They were able to see with their eyes little children being fed to lions; Christian families were hacked up with the sword, burned at the stake for the sake of entertainment. All of this was done as an intentional act to destroy the church from the face of the earth. They also killed the Jewish people, over one million were killed by Titus when he destroyed Jerusalem in 70 A.D. which was just the start of the murders that would take place over the next 15 hundred years coming from the authority of the city of Rome.

We have homosexuals in America trying to obtain their rights. The Romans were led by homosexuals and engaged in this horrible sin without any thought. It was a common practice without condemnation.

After the Romans became so called Christians they carried out their acts of murders against Christians who tried to be obedient to the Lord. They did all of this in the name of God calling the true believer heretics. The Roman leadership has murdered literal millions. These violent acts have created the mind set for things like the Spanish inquisitions that murdered Jews and new Christian converts through suspicion. The same reasoning that caused men like the Spanish conquistadors to kill the Indians in Central and North America because they did not believe in Jesus. This kind of leadership brought all this about from Rome. There have been millions of Christians martyred for the name of Jesus. None of this has been done or accepted by the American government. Remember in Revelation the 17th chapter she is drunk on the blood of the Saints (Christians).

God has been saving his wrath for the city of Rome. He still remembers every Christian that was killed for his name’s sake by these people. He warns the people of that city in Revelation the 18th chapter to get out of there before His wrath hits. It is up to them. God is slow to wrath but he never forgets. The only thing that will cause him to forget is repentance.

Rome is the center or hub for world trade in that part of the world. She is rich in merchandise. Everything you can imagine is bought sold or traded for in the city of Rome. She is the hub for all the railroads joining Europe, Asia and the Middle East. She is also one of the worlds leading tourist attractions. People visit there from all over the world. She is the religious center when coming to Christianity in that part of the world. Most of the people in that part of the world are not Protestant, but are Catholic by faith.

She will ride the back of the anti-Christ nations trying to assure her a position. The leadership will come out of the religion that comes out of her. The pope will declare the anti-Christ to be God. He will be the false prophet at that time. There are only two basic religions in that part of the world. They are the Muslim and Christian beliefs. The Christian belief in that part of the world is a majority of Catholics.

This is the Iron and the Clay in the man’s feet from the book of Daniel. The Iron is the religion that came out of the two legs of the Roman Empire; the clay is the Muslim religion. This is the main reason the two do not mix well. They will work together for a period of time under the leadership of the anti-Christ.

Please don't mis-understand, I am not putting down the Catholics!! I know many Catholics who are good Christian people. But during that time many will be deceived into following a Pope that will lead them into following the anti-Christ. This again is why God gives this warning in Revelations 18th Chapter. I am sure that there will be a great deal of God loving Catholics who will recognize the situation and give their lives for Jesus keeping the faith.

I don’t always enjoy telling the truth the way it is. There are so many people so quick to condemn and make a monster of our nation. Our sins are many for sure, but we have and still have many Christians in this country that love God. Even with all the rich Christian background America has never truly been the Christian nation people would like to think. Our Christian ancestry was so bigoted and racially prejudiced it is unbelievable. God has been very merciful to America, but that is ending.

There are two Babylons mentioned in Revelations.

The first Babylon described in Revelations 17, Mystery Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots, represents the apostate church of the last days which will be based in Rome.

The second Babylon, referred to in Revelations 18, and Isaiah 13, represents the rebuilt city of Babylon in Iraq.
During the tribulation period, Babylon will once again become the world's center for demonic religious worship, and also an  economic superpower which thrives under satan's mark system.

Further proof that these two are separate entities lies in the prophecies about the destruction of the two Babylons.

John reveals that the apostate Babylonian church will be destroyed by the Antichrist's ten kings at the mid point of the seven year tribulation period.

Revelations 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

On the other hand, the actual city of Babylon will be destroyed by God during the Great Day of the Lord (Isaiah 13)
using fire from the heavens just as He did in Sodom & Gomorrah. This annihilation of the city of Babylon will occur 1260 days after the Antichrist destroys the false church.

From my website, Christianity Rocks.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 02:08:42 AM »

as 100s of websites show (if you type in "america babylon," or look at my own).

Just because 100's of web sites show it doesn't make it so. There are also 100's perhaps even 1,000's of web sites that state that evolution and the Bible are compatible, which is definitely a lie. Although the U.S. is far from being perfect it does not line up with the teachings of the Bible as the Babylon of the end times. I strongly suggest that you steer clear of the teachings of men and turn to just the Bible on this subject.

As Brother Tom has said there is a lot of information posted here on the forum on this subject already with associated scripture.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
godislove85
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 11:56:33 AM »

Just because 100's of web sites show it doesn't make it so. There are also 100's perhaps even 1,000's of web sites that state that evolution and the Bible are compatible, which is definitely a lie. Although the U.S. is far from being perfect it does not line up with the teachings of the Bible as the Babylon of the end times. I strongly suggest that you steer clear of the teachings of men and turn to just the Bible on this subject.

As Brother Tom has said there is a lot of information posted here on the forum on this subject already with associated scripture.

You have misunderstood me, friend.  I referred to the 100s of websites to show that I am not alone in my opinion, not to prove that it is correct.  And among those sites I was referring to one which contained tons of tons of Biblical passages which I have examined and which show how the U.S. fits the description of Mystery Babylon.  What do you think makes the US not Mystery Babylon?
godislove85
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 12:06:59 PM »

Dear Dreamweaver,

There are no commas in the original Ancient Greek text of the New Testament, so the text does indeed say "Mystery Babylon the Great" in Greek.

The fact that Babylon the Great is a nation is shown in Habakkuk 1:6 where it is called a nation and in Rev. 11:8 where Egypt (along with Sodom & Jerusalem) are referred to as "the great CITY," although Egypt was a "nation."  Furthermore, we have words like megapolis, decapolis (ten cities), pentapolis (five cities), etc. which show that a "city" can consist of many united cities, as the United States does.

I think that Rome where Catholic Vatican City sits & the Roman Empire are merely God's FORESHADOWING of NYC & the USA, which is why Rome & its Empire fit the description of Mystery Babylon so well, BUT NOT PERFECTLY as the USA appears to.  For instance, currently, the US, not the Roman Empire, is "the hindermost [in time] of the [great] nations" as Babylon is (Jer. 50:12); "the glory of the kingdoms" (Is. 13:19) as the US is envied worldwide.  Furthermore, NYC, not Rome, is THE center of world trade.  And so on.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 12:30:38 PM »

I referred to the 100s of websites to show that I am not alone in my opinion, not to prove that it is correct.

That is exactly what I was saying ... it is your opinion and nothing more. As Brother Tom stated this subject is well covered on the forum and I also suggest that you might find those posts interesting.

Now ...  You have already been advised to remove the links in your profile as they constitute advertising as your web site contains things for sale. This is your final warning.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the