Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Firefox 3.04
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firefox 3.04  (Read 2969 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2008, 08:01:42 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I've been using the new Firefox long enough now to know that it's GREAT! There are all kinds of new features that effect speed, security, stability, and ease of use. The number of extensions and themes are larger than ever, and all kinds of things can be done directly from Firefox. As an example, it integrates easily with numerous "Office-type" programs, including Microsoft Office and Open Office to start the list. The core of Firefox and Thunderbird is the Gecho Engine, and this is versatile enough to interface with just about anythng. Java is another rapidly growing and versatile working environment that works easily with the Gecho Engine, so nobody knows how much better Mozilla products like Firefox and Thunderbird can get. It appears that imagination is the limit. Sun is currently expanding the use and functions of Java in amazing ways, including the possibility of great new operating systems. Speed, stability, security, size, and ease of use is a big plus for Java, and that's why it's currently becoming an integral part of many first-class software programs. Just one outstanding example is Open Office. By the way, Java can also be used on multiple operating systems, so it has almost unlimited potential. I mentioned Java because it's increasingly being used by the best Open Source and/or low cost software programs. It packs a lot of power into small packages.

Back to Firefox 3.04:  Forget about any risks in using it unless you get a package clearly labeled as BETA for testing purposes. The full releases of Firefox are first-class all the way. The only problem I know about in trying a completely new version is having your favorite extensions ready to use it. ALL of my favorite extensions work perfectly with Firefox 3.04, and I can't think of a single complaint. I honestly think that it's head and shoulders above any competition, and it just keeps getting better on a rapid schedule. As an example, 3.10 may come out soon and they're already working on 3.20.

In my opinion, Firefox is already easier to use than any other browser, so there is nothing to dread in trying it or learning how to use it. The package looks and works great in minutes, but know there are more add-ons, themes, and ways to customize it than any other browser. Nothing else comes close. There is literally millions of various ways to customize it for personal use, so picking what add-ons you want might be time consuming. However, you don't have to add a single thing and have the best and most powerful browser out there. Try it and I'm almost sure you will love it.

Here's a link to tell you what's new in Firefox 3.04. You can also easily download the program from here.
http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.0.4/whatsnew/

Here's a link to help new folks customize Firefox:
http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/customize/

Here's a good link for help and tutorials.
http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/help/

Here's a great link for Firefox add-ons of all kinds. Please know this is a safe link to obtain add-ons from. These add-ons have been tested by Mozilla, and this is the only place you should get your extensions and themes from. There are links to other SAFE pages to get dictionaries, plug-ins, and other safe add-ons for Firefox. So get in the habit of being SAFE and use this page.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the