Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:58:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Please pray...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please pray...  (Read 2676 times)
spedteacher

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2008, 09:31:31 PM »

My family needs prayer. In three weeks my husband will be out of work; he is a contractor and has had no new leads. If he is unable to schedule any new jobs, we will lose the home we are living in. We have three children, one with Autism.  Huh
I work, but do not make enough to support us entirely. I know that we serve a big God, and my husband and I would like to start a ministry for families with special needs kids. Please help us to pray that more work will come in: Or, if God wants my husband to go in a different direction, that the path will be revealed and that he will know what the right thing to do is.  Embarrassed
We do not have enough currently to finish out our groceries shopping for the month, let alone Christmas gifts. My daughter’s birthday is this month, and I don't know what to do. Please help us to pray. We are resting on His word. Romans 8 - "All things work for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose." Smiley
sentry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 10:34:26 PM »

First of all welcome.  I do understand where you are coming from. I lost my job several months ago and some of your other statements I have been there also.  I will be praying for you and your family that God may bless you as it would be according to His will.

Love in Christ

Every journey begins with one step, when the destination is reached the journey ends, with the next step another journey begins.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 10:40:25 PM »

Welcome to Christians Unite forums.

I know of quite a few people who have lost their jobs right now. It does bring some tough times for all. We have the assurance from God that He will provide for our necessities.

Yes, my prayers will be with you as they are with so many others that are in that same situation.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 11:02:31 PM »

Welcome to Christians Unite spedteacher. My prayers will also be with you sister.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 11:47:44 PM »

Hello Spedteacher,

I see that you're new, so WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you do enjoy Christians Unite, and I will be happy to pray for you and your family. Sadly, growing numbers are in the same boat. As Christians, we do have a better HOPE than the world. JESUS CHRIST has already given us the most PRICELESS GIFT, and we should be learning more each day about GOD'S GRACE AND LOVE. There might be a higher purpose for the times, but we are already in the HANDS OF GOD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 4:1-18 NASB  Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart,  2  but we have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.  3  And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,  4  in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.  5  For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus' sake.  6  For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.  7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;  8  we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing;  9  persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;  10  always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.  11  For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.  12  So death works in us, but life in you.  13  But having the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I BELIEVED, THEREFORE I SPOKE," we also believe, therefore we also speak,  14  knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you.  15  For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God.  16  Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.  17  For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,  18  while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the