Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:29:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How many Gospels are there ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many Gospels are there ?  (Read 3196 times)
dan p

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2008, 03:37:22 PM »

There are many Christians who say that there is only ONE gospel in the Bible. Some have even said that the New Covenant and the Gospel began in Genesis with Abraham.
 1) In Gal 2:7 we see the #1 gospel

2) It is called the Gospel of the UN-circumcision that was committed to Paul ( Rom 1:1 and Acts 20:24 ) Notice that it is called the gospel and it is Emphasised where Peter's is not

3) #2 gospel is called ( in Gal 2:7 ) Circumcision that was given to Peter.

4) #3 gospel is found in Gal 3:8 where Paul calls it the gospel preached to Abraham

5) So I see 3.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 04:20:49 PM »

This is what is extremely misunderstood because of the wording. These are not "different" gospels. The gospel is preached of faith to all. It was preached to Abraham that of faith, it was preached to the circumsized that of faith, it was preached to the Gentiles (the uncircumcised) that of faith.

Gal 2:7 is speaking of the separation of who is to preach the gospel to whom not that of teaching another gospel. As for Abraham in Romans 4 and Heb 11 we are given a better understanding of what is being said in Gal 3:8. It was through faith that Abraham was counted righteous and it is through faith that we all are considered righteous, not that of our own righteousness but through the faith that we have in Jesus Christ, very God. The law never had the power to save but rather it was always faith in and through God.

Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

It was this, in other ages, that was not made known until it was revealed to the apostles and prophets by the Spirit but it was still there.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:56:13 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I've read piles of materials on this subject and actually think that many of the arguments boil down to theological positions of mankind. Throughout the history of mankind, TWO ultimate TRUTHS rule:

1 - GOD'S GRACE AND LOVE toward us.

2 - Our FAITH or rejection of HIM.

Other descriptions are quite reasonable, but everything still boils down to the above. As examples, we could talk about the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM to Israel, OR the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD TO EVERYONE - but both rest on the same thing that is already mentioned. The difference is that the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM contains Promises GOD made specifically to Israel - not the Gentiles. The GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD pertains to everyone except remaining Israel that will receive the Promises of the KINGDOM. One of the primary differences is that all members of THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST are already SAVED and not waiting for the KINGDOM. On the other hand, the KINGDOM applies to Israel still waiting for their MESSIAH and the establishment of a KINGDOM ruled by the KING JESUS CHRIST.

GOD has Promised that Israel will be restored after the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST. As Christians, we already have our KING OF KINGS, and HE'S The Same PRECIOUS ONE that Israel rejected and had crucified at the CROSS.

I'm really glad this subject came up because it causes a lot of confusion. This confusion can only be solved with understanding the differences between THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST and Israel. This requires considerable study but really boils down to several facts that must be understood to prevent confusion in Bible Study. Here's some examples:

1 - THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST are ALL SAVED, and the CHURCH did NOT replace Israel.

2 - Nothing can replace Israel because GOD still has Promises to Israel that will be kept. Jews who accept CHRIST become members of the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. Christians DO NOT become Israel after they are SAVED.

3 - THE CHURCH has ALREADY BEEN SAVED! Israel is still waiting to be SAVED!

4 - The CHURCH is NOW and ALREADY HERE - Israel's KINGDOM is FUTURE!

5 - The KING OF KINGS already rules over a Heavenly Kingdom, and HE is already the HEAVENLY FATHER AND HEAD OVER HIS BODY - THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. HE is the same KING who has NOT YET CLAIMED HIS THRONE IN JERUSALEM - the Throne of David. JESUS CHRIST is already the Anointed KING OF ISRAEL, but ISRAEL has rejected HIM thus far. CHRIST will take HIS THRONE and ALL that is HIS at HIS SECOND COMING. Israel will recognize HIM as their MESSIAH and be restored WITH ALL ANCIENT PROMISES! Israel has been punished these many years for rejecting their ANOINTED KING, and Israel's worst punishment is yet to come in the Tribulation Period. The GREATEST WRATH TO COME IS GOD'S WRATH, but the CHURCH has already been rescued and delivered from the WRATH TO COME.

Everything here is completely true, but it still does boil down to GOD'S GRACE AND LOVE TOWARD US and our acceptance or rejection of HIM. Piles of books have been written about this subject, and the same questions remain. All of the questions won't be answered in this short life because GOD has told us ONLY what HE wants us to know. HIS Ways, Power, and Majesty are really beyond human comprehension. The most important things for us to know is the obvious differences between Israel and the CHURCH, and that GOD'S Promises are different to each entity. We also have the massive differences to consider between BEFORE THE CROSS AND AFTER THE CROSS.

Theological discussions between men would involve more than one GOSPEL, just as the HOLY BIBLE has an Old Testament and a New Testament. To have a Testament, one must have a TESTATOR - someone who dies and leaves a heritage or inheritance. The TESTATOR of the Old Testament is Adam. The TESTATOR of the New Testament is JESUS CHRIST. There are several RIGHT and REVERENT ways for man to look at this, BUT GOD'S GRACE, LOVE, AND FAITH IN HIM RULE THEM BOTH! However, this would not rule out the reality that GOD did offer a GOOD NEWS to Israel that was different from the GOOD NEWS offered to the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. In other words, they are both TRUE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

dan p

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 09:22:55 PM »

Hi  BLACKEYEPEA, you read between the lines and I fully agree. I am also on another forum who are anti-dispensational and have to walk a very straight line so that I will not be banned, as I have already been warned once. But I had a feeling that you would give me  a positive response. By the way , Paul Sadler spoke at our Church last Sunday. Good speaker. The forum that I have left are ALL one gospel theory . Some believe that the New Covenant and the one gospel began in Genesis with Abraham. dan p
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 09:50:23 PM »

Hi  BLACKEYEPEA, you read between the lines and I fully agree. I am also on another forum who are anti-dispensational and have to walk a very straight line so that I will not be banned, as I have already been warned once. But I had a feeling that you would give me  a positive response. By the way , Paul Sadler spoke at our Church last Sunday. Good speaker. The forum that I have left are ALL one gospel theory . Some believe that the New Covenant and the one gospel began in Genesis with Abraham. dan p

Hello Dan P,

Brother, this is really sad since many parts of the Bible can't be understood at all unless they are viewed in a dispensational manner. This is also called "Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth." As we both know, there are no contradictions in the HOLY BIBLE, just contradictions manufactured by man because of WRONGLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH. For whatever reason, the word "dispensation" is viewed as radical by some men. However, it isn't radical at all, just the TRUTH of GOD. Without it, mankind would be in a horrible condition and still be trying to figure out why JESUS CHRIST willingly gave Himself on the CROSS. We are really talking about the basics and how a baby Christian grows in strength into a Mature Christian. GOD didn't waste HIS Time in telling us about his Administration of Mankind. HE told us what HE wanted us to know for a reason. HE wanted to give us a way to understand the entire BIBLE, and HE did. The ENTIRE BIBLE is most definitely profitable for us to learn and study, and we can only do that with RIGHT DIVISION.

On the other side of the coin, we can consider the words of Paul when stating that he would prefer to know nothing but CHRIST and HIM Crucified. However, we know that Paul taught much more than that. Paul actually revealed a mystery - a missing piece to the puzzle that put the entire BIBLE into proper perspective.

Ephesians 3:7-12 ESV  Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God's grace, which was given me by the working of his power.  8  To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,  9  and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things,  10  so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.  11  This was according to the eternal purpose that he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord,  12  in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in him.

Paul didn't preach the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM because the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM didn't include JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS. Others didn't preach the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD because CHRIST hadn't gone to the CROSS yet. In fact, the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST was still a mystery and not revealed yet.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the