Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:07:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Agents: Jeremiah
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Agents: Jeremiah  (Read 805 times)
cwuthnow

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2008, 10:05:55 AM »

I got this in my in-box from Turning Point Ministry and I thought I would share.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.
Jeremiah 1:5

Management guru Peter Drucker observed that nothing is so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all. Many people are experts at organizing their lives, managing their time, and minding their finances. They carefully update their organizers and electronic calendars. But their lives have no ultimate purpose, and they are merely efficiently doing things with no eternal value.
Imagine the difference if we'd all learn that our lives are preplanned, that God knew us before He formed us in the womb. The Psalmist said that all our days are planned in advance (Psalm 139:16). The Lord Jesus said, "I have finished the work which You have given Me to do" (John 17:4). Paul wrote that we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, "which God prepared in advance for us to do" (Ephesians 2:10, NIV).
We aren't here by accident; we were born with a divine purpose. We're God's agents, here to fulfill His mission and to finish the work He has given us to do.
When God calls you to do a task for Him, He does not ask you to be adequate; He only asks you to be available.
Warren Wiersbe
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 04:03:06 PM »

AMEN CWUTHNOW!

When God calls you to do a task for Him, He does not ask you to be adequate; He only asks you to be available.
Warren Wiersbe

I love this quote from Warren Wiersbe and always have.

YES, GOD knew literally all before the foundation of the world, down to numbering the hairs on our heads and when a sparrow would fall from the sky. HE knew an Eternity ago how I would answer this post, and HE obviously knows who will Accept HIM and who will Reject HIM. HIS foreknowledge is absolutely perfect. HE could have made all of us robots who would love and accept HIM, but HE gave us choice because HE won't accept forced love or acceptance of HIM. GOD wants us to LOVE HIM and ACCEPT HIM because we want to willingly. In these possible End Days of this Age of Grace, I feel pity for those who reject and mock GOD. We can all still try to help them and pray for them, but the choice must be their choice. We love HIM because HE first loved us. Some like Jeremiah were chosen before the foundation of the world because HE knew what they were capable of and knew they would obey HIS Will. The same is true for the writers of the Bible who HE Knew would faithfully record every word of the Holy Spirit of GOD. So, I give thanks that GOD'S Foreknowledge was and is PERFECT! I also give thanks for every laborer and servant for GOD. This old world would have been a horrible mess long before now without them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the