Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Question on Genesis.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Question on Genesis.  (Read 1480 times)
Judas
« on: January 05, 2004, 12:27:36 AM »

"He made the stars also." God spends a day making light (before making the stars) and separating light from darkness; then, at the end of a hard day's work, and almost as an afterthought, he makes the trillions of stars. 1:16

Could anyone explain this? The bible seems awfully thoughtless for who-ever wrote it, it would seems that the stars just got thrown in there.

Also i have noticed...

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth." Really? Then why are only a tiny fraction of stars visible from earth? Under the best conditions, no more than five thousand stars are visible from earth with the unaided eye, yet there are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy and a hundred billion or so galaxies. Yet this verse says that God put the stars in the firmament "to give light" to the earth. 1:17

Pardon me if this seems an attack on your faith, but...come on...i raise a valid point? Explanations?
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 03:11:45 AM »

"He made the stars also." God spends a day making light (before making the stars) and separating light from darkness; then, at the end of a hard day's work, and almost as an afterthought, he makes the trillions of stars. 1:16

Could anyone explain this? The bible seems awfully thoughtless for who-ever wrote it, it would seems that the stars just got thrown in there.

Also i have noticed...

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth." Really? Then why are only a tiny fraction of stars visible from earth? Under the best conditions, no more than five thousand stars are visible from earth with the unaided eye, yet there are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy and a hundred billion or so galaxies. Yet this verse says that God put the stars in the firmament "to give light" to the earth. 1:17

Pardon me if this seems an attack on your faith, but...come on...i raise a valid point? Explanations?

judas

It is obvious you do not believe in the first chapter of Genesis.

And that is fine, but why would you ask such questions?? If you do not believe it..

The bible is written for those who want to know the truth about the creation.

You probaly no doubt believe the evolutionary point of view concerning how all of these things came into existence, so in your understanding of things, the sun was created on the frist day, however the sun according ther Creator was created on the fourth day, and this is what he says about it;

Isa 40
25  To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
26  Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

The sun and the moon were created on the fourth day see Gen 1:16-19

You don't think evolutionist gave the name to the Sun and the Moon and the Stars do you??  They are named  here in  the Bible.  

And of course the Earth is the first of these to be named. at verse 2, and He hanged in on nothing;  Job 26:7

And as you can see He who created them on the fourth day gave them all names.

Consider what Job says;

Job 9
2  I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God?
3  If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand.
4  He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered?
5  Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger.
6  Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.
7  Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.
8  Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.
9  Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.
10  Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.
11  Lo, he goeth by me, and I see him not: he passeth on also, but I perceive him not.
12  Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou?
13  If God will not withdraw his anger, the proud helpers do stoop under him.

and in another place God  says to Job;

Job 38
38:1  Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2  Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3  Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4  Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5  Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6  Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7  When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
8  Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
9  When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10  And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
11  And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
12  Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;
13  That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
14  It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.
15  And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.
16  Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?
17  Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?
18  Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.
19  Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof,
20  That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof?
21  Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?
22  Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,
23  Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?
24  By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth?
25  Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;
26  To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man;
27  To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth?
28  Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?
29  Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?
30  The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.
31  Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?

You don't honestly believe Astronomers dreamed these names up do you.

And then of course Jesus said to scoffers, as yourself:

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

So what can we say, no man can understand the heavenly creation of things unless, one is willing to believe what Jesus said, seeing He is the Creator..

Do you know Jesus came and  died for your sins, that you might have eternal life??

Petro
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 03:21:33 AM by Petro » Logged

hilkiah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 09:34:28 AM »

Excellent answer Petro!!!

Judas,

Let me just add that God created the light on Day 1 and the sun and stars on day 4. Remember that in the new heaven and earth, the Lord is the light and there is no need for the sun.

With this in mind, the sun wasn't necessary to separate the night from the day. You do remember the qualifiers, "and the even and the morning were the x day". ... and this before even the sun and stars existed.

Evolution would have you believe that the sun and stars came first. The bible has a very different beginning. First the heavens, then the earth, then the land masses and seas, then later (4th day) the sun and stars.

So, why the all those stars, even those too dim to be seen by the naked eye? The thought that immediately comes to my mind is for us in these latter days to discover the vastness of God's creation that it testifies of his great majesty!

He creates those things which we can and cannot see. Thus, we discover a greater sense of appreciation for our creator.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 10:40:45 AM »

Why so many stars?  "The heavens declare the glory of God..."  Smiley  They aren't all for light.  They are all for enlightening...to glorify God before a lost and dying world.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Mick

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 07:48:39 PM »

This talk of stars reminds me of the opening lines of John Masefields classic poem "Sea Fever":-
"I must go down to the seas again,to the lonely sea and the sky,and all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..."
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 07:19:45 AM »

judas,

You said;

So, whats the problem, just cause you can only see, a few with the naked eye, should not shake you, just imagine the power that it took to create these??

In the end they all, will be rolled up as a scroll, so that He may create a new heaven and a new earth.

And only those who have believed His Word, will inhabit this place.

Do you believe what God has cause to be written in the Bible??

Consider what the Apostle Paul wrote at;

Romans 1
 16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19  Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.
20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The stars as "allinall" has stated,  do declare the POWER and GLORY of God, there is nothing that has been created, that was not created by HIM.    

Nothing.

In this day and age He is offering a Pardon for sin, ultimately men will peish for one sin, and that is the sin of UNBELIEF.

Are you willing to believe what He has said thru His Son??

Petro

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the