Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:21:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Parenting (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Textbooks - perpetrators of 'classroom lies'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Textbooks - perpetrators of 'classroom lies'  (Read 2763 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2008, 09:19:23 PM »

Textbooks - perpetrators of 'classroom lies'

A best-selling historian is exposing what he describes as lies taught in politically correct classrooms.

The myth of a September 11, 2001, government conspiracy has joined the ranks of lies taught in public schools. Best-selling author and historian Larry Schweikart of the University of Dayton, Ohio, has examined hundreds of resources used in public schools -- and he says what he found is frightening.

In his book 48 Liberal Lies About American History, Schweikart unmasks the liberal bias that he argues is corroding American education. "Well, I was getting a little tired of seeing these myths perpetuated through the textbooks," he shares. "I looked at 15 to 20 of the top, best-selling U.S. history textbooks -- and while I found that no textbook had all 48 lies, every one of them had most of these in them."

In his book Schweikart provides an overview of his findings to illustrate where the country is heading.

"In the introduction, I included a survey of pictures in these textbooks....you'd expect to find in the 20th century [section of those textbooks] pictures of the atomic bomb, and they're in most of these books; and Franklin Roosevelt, and they're in most of these books," he explains. "[And] you might also expect to find in most of them pictures of the moon landing, Martin Luther King [Jr.], John Kennedy, Ronald Reagan."

But that is not what the historian found. "The most common image -- after the A-bomb and Roosevelt -- in the 20th century section of these texts was the Klu Klux Klan," he states.

In the book, Scheikart gives many other examples, including lies dealing with Ronald Reagan. "One of the easiest to look at is that Gorbachev, and not Reagan, ended the Cold War," he relates. "...[Y]ou've got several of these textbooks saying...it was Gorbachev who really brought an end to all nuclear weapons, and basically disarmed Russia from the inside."

Schweikart says it is the responsibility of parents to correct these inaccuracies. He contends that those who write and edit the books -- and most of the teachers who use them -- actually believe everything in the books is true.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 04:00:43 PM »

It is amazing, isn't it Pastor Roger?

I think I told you that this year we tried a Christian School down here in Florida. We asked many questions and told them what we believe. They agreed wholeheartedly and said they taught the kids in the way we described we had been teaching in homeschool.

It took only 5 weeks for our son and us to realize what they told us was completely false. Our 13 year old knew what was being taught was wrong. As I read his Science book, I found the first 2 chapters were horrifying. Chapter 1 laid the foundation for abortion - describing how 'over crowded' the earth was and how we needed to cut population growth. It didn't use the word abortion but led the reader to believe that God had not provided enough for the people on this earth and only the 'advanced' countries were able to 'curtail' the growth of the population - this enlightenment, according to the book, must also be taught in 3rd world countries who didn't know as much as our scientists know about this 'problem'...

Chapter 2 laid the groundwork for evolution - describing the billions of years it took for fossils to be formed after the Big-Bang and how the earth started as a molten rock...my son is studying Ken Ham's incredibly informative programs for kids and would laugh when he came home at what was being taught. He also asked if he could go back on homeschool - and of coarse we agreed - he's now growing daily in his knowledge of the way God made the universe and all that's in it.

Parents have to be so vigilant about the things our kids are being taught. The world gets them and 'indoctrinates' them to accept the New World Order way of thinking - it's beyond comprehension that Christian schools would propogate such information!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 05:04:49 PM »

Amazing is not quite the word that I had in mind.  Wink

It is a sad situation when schools that we think that we can trust to teach the truth such as those that go covered with the name of Christian have instead gone the way of the world. It warms my heart each time I hear parents that are concerned about this and go that extra step it takes to ensure that their children are taught correctly.

Ken Ham is a good Christian and a great teacher of God's word. I have yet to see anything from him that does not coincide perfectly with the Bible. Another excellent source for teaching materials in science can be found through the Institute for Creation Research (ICR.com) and from Answers-In-Genesis. ICR has an excellent curriculum.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 11:09:30 AM »

Thanks Pastor Roger!

We are not familiar with ICR and are glad to have your recommendation. We will look into it. Our son absolutely loves science so we're glad to buy any programs that will help him study and grow! He blesses us everyday with what he's learning. Right now he's reading two books from Answers in Genesis - one on Astronomy and another on Dinosaurs. Each refer to the Scriptures to prove their point - especially Genesis chapters 1 to 11 and God's eye-witness testimony of the way the earth and the universe were formed - by HIS WORD!!! We love our son's enthusiasm as he learns new facts and thank God for Ken Ham and that ministry!

We were blessed to see him (Ken Ham) in a church about an hour south of us a few weeks ago on a Sunday morning - the service was packed and we (along with everyone in the congregation) bought as much material, including books and videos, as was being sold. It has been a blessing to our family!

Again, thank you for your input on ICR - we will be looking into more materials from there also!

God Bless!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:33:45 AM »

I must apologize. That should have been icr.org not .com.

It was all started by the late Dr. Henry M. Morris was an American young earth creationist and Christian apologist, educated primarily in the field of hydraulic engineering. He was one of the founders of the Creation Research Society and the Institute for Creation Research, and is considered by many to be "the father of modern creation science."

They have many scientists of various branches on staff and they do have an accredited graduate school degree program as well as a lot of material for earlier level students, parents and teachers. I use quite a bit of their material here on the forum.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the