Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:52:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Question of the Week
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question of the Week  (Read 9165 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »

I need help answering this question: what is so evil about going out and getting candy?

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
allaboutGod

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 03:47:57 PM »

it isn't about going out and getting candy. there is nothing wrong with that which is one of the reasons that the church will give out candy as part of a replacement for the community as an outreach. the problem is more in the area of princible...do you want to promote the celibrationand glorification of death and decay on a satainic high sabath or would you rather use that time to actively combat that and get people saved at that time. I had actuall been thinking of giving out candy with tracks and I am going to be praying that some people get saved that day.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2008, 04:05:23 PM »

I have given out tracts with an invitation to church and church events before and will do so again. Many of them do simply get thrown away but there is always a few that do accept the invitation and show up at church.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 03:07:42 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'll just say that I firmly believe that GOD owns every second - 24/7/365. Every new day is a day that the LORD has made - "Let us be glad and rejoice in it." We can and should have multiple celebrations and thanksgivings every day. The devil doesn't own one second, nor has he made one second. As Christians, our celebrations and thanksgivings are obviously different than the world's.

This is a topic of debate for many Christians, and it should be. I'll just say that our local assemblies can take advantage of many situations and use them for the GLORY OF GOD. We have many more reasons to celebrate and give thanks than the world does, and our celebrations can be wholesome and uplifting - not just for ourselves, but also for the lost. I didn't mention these things to argue with anyone, rather to point out that Christians have more reasons for joy than anyone else. I don't think that Christians should allot a single second for the devil - give the devil NOTHING. In one manner of speaking and thought, we can take the devil's time away from him and use it for something more wholesome that will bring GLORY TO GOD. SO, when is Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving? - EVERY DAY! The same can be true for anything that the world or the devil thinks they own. They own NOTHING! THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE - ALMIGHTY GOD - OWNS EVERYTHING! Further, HE has POWER that no force can stand against, and GOD will do as HE Pleases in Heaven and on Earth. The time will come soon when HE will CRUSH evil and reserve it for the eternal fires of HELL. In the meantime, Christians can and should serve GOD every day - AND HE has given us the means to do just that - even if we die in the attempt.

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 03:10:33 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

kainos_Ktisis

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »

I need help answering this question: what is so evil about going out and getting candy?

I get my candy from the store anytime or day of the week. I do not fellowship with halloween.

peace and love
kainos_ktisis
Will U Go

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2009, 10:48:06 AM »

Couldn't have siad it better myself.  AMEN
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the