Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:49:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Order
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Order  (Read 1659 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2004, 12:53:51 PM »

The Order is not the must see movie of the Week, but it had its good points.

Good point number one: Heather Leaguer. The boy is golden. No matter how crappy a movie he is cast in, his acting talent makes lemons into lemonade. The Order is no exception.

Good point number two: While there where countless inaccuracies, it was the least anti-Catholic movie about Catholics every to hit the Secular shelves. Stigmata, the Omen,  these movies makes you wonder if there was a single Catholic involved in the Screen writing. Movies like that make anti-Catholics upset at Hollywood! I’ve seen Jack Chic write more truthful tracts. But, from the looks of things, the Order at least bothered to attend a Mass for once in there lives before writing. Rumor has it the Vatican’s Head demon wrestler was consulted on part of it.

Good point number three: It wasn’t just a Catholic Horror flick. As you watch it, you see it had the basic plot of a run of the mill cop Action. You have the Rogue Cop (priest), and he doesn't follow the law (the RCC) but he gets the job done. His mentor/partner is killed in the line of duty, and there is some cover up over it. This Rogue cop (priest) teams up with another, slightly less rogue cop (priest) to investigate. In most of these cop movies, the cops go to a Mafioso who owns them a favor and asks for some info about the what is going on in the criminal world, in this movie, they go to a “Pagan-Worshiping pig” to find out what kind of Occultish thing killed there mentor. In the cop movie, the cops girl is normally attack by the bad guys, in this movie, the Priest girlfriend (don’t ask) is attacked. In cop movies, the bad guy is trying to take over the world/country/cities. In this one, the Bad guy is trying to take over Christianity. The "rogue cop" saves his slightly less rogue cop friend from the bad guys who captured him to get to the lead Rogue cop, and the evil Pagans turned on them in the same way (wow, what a plot twist Roll Eyes )

That was about it. The rest of the movie was crappy. As I said before, it was inaccurate out the wa-zoo. I did like how they showed the Rogue Priest as being a Rogue by giving Latin Mass. Interesting.  I REALLY, REALLY, hated how the heresy of Sin-eating is shown as a gift that we must give to those who disserve it. No, sorry, it doesn’t work like that. Enjoy Purgatory, Suckers! Grin

I also didn’t like how the only Priest shown as good are the Rogues. This is just like in the cop actions. All the normal cops are either dirty or “stupid, expendable pigs” who get shot to make the movie more exciting. It is the one of 2 Rogue cops that are the hero’s. I have never liked that, it promotes disrespect for the men who put their lives on the line every day. Men like BEP. I don’t think it is fair to Police, so I don’t think it is fair to Priests.

My parents thought it was a little on the demonic side. My sweet, innocent little mother had nightmares. Of course, she was scared by the original "Birds." I guess scary movies lose the thrill after 25.

I give is 2 out of 5 Crosses because while it isn’t a family movie, or even a good movie, it is a good escapist Action flick with excellent acting. It was like "A Knights Tale" Not a great movie, but still not painfull to watch.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the