Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:48:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WHO CAN BLASPHEME THE HOLY GHOST?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHO CAN BLASPHEME THE HOLY GHOST?  (Read 1219 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2004, 07:56:10 AM »

WHO CAN BLASPHEME THE HOLY GHOST?

A lost person does not have to blaspheme the Holy Ghost to be lost for he is condemned already. To understand who can blaspheme against the Holy Ghost, we must first know whom the Lord Jesus Christ was talking to when he made the statement, “but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.” (Matthew 12:31)

1. He was talking to the Pharisees of the Nation of Israel. (Matthew 12:24)

2. The body of Christ was a mystery while Jesus was on earth. (Romans 16:25)

Under the law, “in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.”(II Corinthians 13:1) There are three murders in Israel’s history that mark her rejection of their Christ.

1. The Father sent his prophets and the Nation of Israel killed them. John the Baptist was one of these prophets. He came preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins (Mark 1:3-4) and preparing the way of the Lord. The Nation of Israel allowed him to be slain. This was the first witness.

2. Jesus came preaching, repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand (Matthew 4:17) and they crucified him. They rejected God the Son this is the second witness. On the cross, Jesus prayed for the Nation of Israel, “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.”(Luke 23:34) This prayer made it possible for the kingdom to be offer the third time to the Nation of Israel. This is recorded in the first seven chapters of the book of Acts.

3. The third witness is the unpardonable sin; they rejected the Holy Ghost and killed Stephen (Acts 7:54-60). The death of Stephen marks the close of God’s offer of the kingdom to the Nation of Israel. The apostle Paul is called in Acts Chapter 9 and God gives him the gospel of the grace of God. He goes to the Jew first but they blaspheme the Holy Ghost (Acts 18:6) and then he turns to the gentiles. The Nation of Israel is blinded “until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.” (Romans 11:25) Today God is dealing with everyone alike and there is neither Jew nor Gentile (Gal 3:28; Eph 2:12). After the rapture of the body of Christ (the church), the next thing to happen to the Nation of Israel is the wrath of God will fall and God will deal with the Nation of Israel again (Daniel 9:24-26).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
The Crusader
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 09:46:44 AM »

Another Amen Ambassador.

No such sin in the age of Gods Grace.

The Crusader
The Crusader
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 09:48:02 AM »

P.S.

After the rapture of the body of Christ (the church), the next thing to happen to the Nation of Israel is the wrath of God will fall and God will deal with the Nation of Israel again (Daniel 9:24-26).
 Now thats a gem. Amen

The Crusader
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 09:34:58 AM »

Good question! But isn't someone who is already condemned, condemned BECAUSE He is blasphemying the Holy Spirit? After debating with atheists for months, I'm beginning to wonder if blaspheming the Holy Spirit isn't simply rejecting God's offer of forgiveness.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 07:01:33 AM »

A lost person does not have to blaspheme the Holy Ghost to be lost for he is condemned already.

I agree with this statement, everyone who dies in his sins in this age of grace, will untimately perish, because of the sin of blashpeme.

And I am sure it is also, the same sin for those of other dispensational periods.

Sin it is clear to me, the Spirit of God has from the begining testifying concerning Jesus.

I base this thought on what the scriptures tell us, concerning Moses at Heb 11:26.

Blessings,

Petro

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the