Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:32:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Alaskan Gov Sarah Palin McCain's Pick For VP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alaskan Gov Sarah Palin McCain's Pick For VP  (Read 3733 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 09:09:54 AM »

Dems Threaten Anti-Iran Rally Organizers With IRS Attack if They Let Palin Speak

News has emerged that the organizers of that anti-Iran rally that famously got snarled up in Senator Hillary Clinton’s ire at Governor Sarah Palin last week were threatened by New York Democrats with IRS action against their tax-exempt status if they allowed Palin to speak. CBS local NY news reported this little fact and so did NBC but most of the national news has ignored this outrageous threat to use the IRS to silence Governor Palin.

Accusing New York Democrats of using “McCarthyism” to shut Palin down, Democrat Assemblyman Dov Hikind was flabbergasted by the behind the scenes threats against the rally organizers. “It’s an absolute shame that this has happened,” CBS quoted Hikind as saying. “To threaten organizations … to threaten the Conference of Presidents that if you don’t withdraw the invitation to Gov. Palin we’re going to look into your tax exempt status … that’s McCarthyism.”

The charge was that inviting only Palin and not also Democrat VP candidate Joe Biden is somehow a violation of “equal representation of candidates” (As NBC claimed in its report). But, this is not a certainty. After all, the appearance wasn’t a campaign stop nor was it a venue to advertise Palin or engage in presidential politics. Besides, as HotAir notes, of the political speakers that were invited to speak last year, few were Republicans.

The real story here, though, is that Democrats immediately leapt to using the IRS as a weapon against the rally organizers. Along with the attacks on talk radio host Milt Rosenberg it is becoming clear that Democrats are not interested in free speech, but will turn to threats and attacks to get their way to silence dissenting views or opposing party representatives.

It should be remembered that this rally was a pro-Israel rally meant to highlight the oppression and evil of Iran and its president Ahmadinejad. This was NOT a forum for American politics, but a show of support for Israel. Additionally, how is it this organization’s fault that Hillary canceled her appearance? After all, the rally folks did invite Hillary and Palin. It isn’t their fault that Hillary didn’t have the guts to show!

It would seem to me that the news of a political party trying to use the IRS to shut down their opponents would be somewhat newsworthy? Yet, we haven’t heard this story on the national scene at all. Would we have heard about it if it were Republicans trying to use threats of the IRS in such a manner?

What do you think?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 11:42:24 AM »

Dems Threaten Anti-Iran Rally Organizers With IRS Attack if They Let Palin Speak

News has emerged that the organizers of that anti-Iran rally that famously got snarled up in Senator Hillary Clinton’s ire at Governor Sarah Palin last week were threatened by New York Democrats with IRS action against their tax-exempt status if they allowed Palin to speak. CBS local NY news reported this little fact and so did NBC but most of the national news has ignored this outrageous threat to use the IRS to silence Governor Palin.

Accusing New York Democrats of using “McCarthyism” to shut Palin down, Democrat Assemblyman Dov Hikind was flabbergasted by the behind the scenes threats against the rally organizers. “It’s an absolute shame that this has happened,” CBS quoted Hikind as saying. “To threaten organizations … to threaten the Conference of Presidents that if you don’t withdraw the invitation to Gov. Palin we’re going to look into your tax exempt status … that’s McCarthyism.”

The charge was that inviting only Palin and not also Democrat VP candidate Joe Biden is somehow a violation of “equal representation of candidates” (As NBC claimed in its report). But, this is not a certainty. After all, the appearance wasn’t a campaign stop nor was it a venue to advertise Palin or engage in presidential politics. Besides, as HotAir notes, of the political speakers that were invited to speak last year, few were Republicans.

The real story here, though, is that Democrats immediately leapt to using the IRS as a weapon against the rally organizers. Along with the attacks on talk radio host Milt Rosenberg it is becoming clear that Democrats are not interested in free speech, but will turn to threats and attacks to get their way to silence dissenting views or opposing party representatives.

It should be remembered that this rally was a pro-Israel rally meant to highlight the oppression and evil of Iran and its president Ahmadinejad. This was NOT a forum for American politics, but a show of support for Israel. Additionally, how is it this organization’s fault that Hillary canceled her appearance? After all, the rally folks did invite Hillary and Palin. It isn’t their fault that Hillary didn’t have the guts to show!

It would seem to me that the news of a political party trying to use the IRS to shut down their opponents would be somewhat newsworthy? Yet, we haven’t heard this story on the national scene at all. Would we have heard about it if it were Republicans trying to use threats of the IRS in such a manner?

What do you think?

This is OUTRAGEOUS. At the least, the people making these threats are GUILTY OF ABUSE OF OFFICE! It shouldn't take a mental giant to understand why Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin were the perfect invitees for this event. Women in Iran are oppressed, abused, and treated like property. Two women in positions of such prestige in a FREE country should have been a powerful statement to Iran and Iran's MADMAN leader. The FREE country example and statement were RUINED. This is now a matter of shame and embarrassment. It ended up being more like the statement IRAN would make.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »

It ended up being more like the statement IRAN would make.

That is the kind of statement that these people have been making for some time now not just with this event. Our democrats are moving more rapidly to a communistic government each and every day. I think this action is a better comparison to I'mANutJob, Hugo Chavez or even Hitler than to McCarthyism. At least Senator Joseph McCarthy was attempting to expose communism not support them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »

I really Love Sarah Palin, because she is Pro-Life and I Like the Israel Flag is her office and Pin on her lapel.  Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2008, 02:34:39 AM »

What do you think?

Can you believe this.......dog doo!  (Sometimes it's hard being a Christian  Grin)
I don't think a cock fight would be as vicious as watching what the democrats are doing these days!  I think I'm out of words to describe what is going on here.   It's just unbelievable.  I wonder how many recounts the dems are going to want if McCain wins, and I pray God that he does!  They won't settle for Obama losing.  I cannot put it past them to still cheat him into office somehow.  This is a horrifing thought, but it's entirely possible.  We can already see what lengths they are willing to go to.
God help us all and save this nation.  Amen.

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »

Yes, I do believe it completely. It is easy to see that the tactics of Hitler's Brown Shirts is here amongst us.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 08:27:46 AM »

Experts: Palin's religion misunderstood

An unusual video showing Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, being blessed by a Kenyan bishop against witchcraft has rattled liberal bloggers and fueled scorn among her detractors, but religious experts say the matter has been blown out of proportion by ignorance and intolerance.

The 2004 video, which began airing on the Internet last week, shows Kenyan Bishop Thomas Muthee calling Palin to the front of a church to lay hands on her and pray to keep her safe from “every form of witchcraft.”

“Make her way, my God. Bring finances her way even for the campaign in the name of Jesus...Use her to turn this nation the other way around,” Muthee said while placing his hands upon Palin. “Talk to God about this woman. We declare, save her from Satan.”

The “witchcraft” line in particular caught the attention of liberal pundits and bloggers. Keith Olbermann, host of MSNBC’s “Countdown,” called the video “terrifying” and said it made the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the much-criticized ex-pastor of Barack Obama, look “pretty mainstream” in comparison.

But religious experts said there was nothing untoward in the video, which they said shows a fairly routine religious ceremony. Misunderstanding over it has grown because of the McCain campaign’s refusal to comment on the video, suggesting that the campaign was on uncomfortable footing with Palin’s religion, the experts said.

Jacob K. Olupana, a religion professor at Harvard, said the campaign appears to have been caught flat- footed when trying to answer questions on Palin’s faith. “I’m not sure they understand it,” he said.

“What you saw was something very basic that happens in a Pentecostal church,” said Anthea Butler, a religion professor at the University of Rochester. “You would see this in any Pentecostal church on any given Sunday.”

But while the practice may not have been unusual for Palin’s faith, the McCain campaign did not push back very hard against media’s coverage of the video, which has been viewed hundreds of thousands of times on YouTube and got prime placement on top liberal blogs, including The Huffington Post, Daily Kos and Talking Points Memo. Instead, the campaign has highlighted Palin’s “nondenominational evangelical” beliefs, while rarely mentioning her many years in a Pentecostal church.

“Why can’t the campaign articulate what she is about?” Butler asked. “I don’t think they knew,” she said, or else they were “trying to mask” Palin’s true views.

The McCain campaign has not addressed Muthee or his blessing of Palin and declined to comment on the video for this story.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 08:47:31 AM »

All of this because it's not politically correct to say anything against witchcraft.  Roll Eyes

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »

Yeah oh hail the mighty Wiccan's....oh wait...they do not like to be called witches...or at least equated with the common imagery of witches and warlocks....shoe fits sorta thing.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 04:47:13 PM »

The “witchcraft” line in particular caught the attention of liberal pundits and bloggers. Keith Olbermann, host of MSNBC’s “Countdown,” called the video “terrifying” and said it made the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the much-criticized ex-pastor of Barack Obama, look “pretty mainstream” in comparison.

Oh right, ..... like that could ever happen.  At least not with people who know the Truth and dwell in the Truth.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 10:43:30 PM »

Palin did a great job in the debate. She covered Biden's lies quite well, very boldly and without hesitation. Each time she did Biden would smile and look down at the podium in front of him. He reminded me of a kid that got caught in the cookie jar.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 11:04:48 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I got to see most of the Biden and Palin debate, and to say that I'm PLEASANTLY SURPRISED is an understatement. I thought that Palin won the debate hands down, performed like an OLD PRO, and came off like an HONEST genius. I think some of her previous problems were them trying to make her something that she wasn't. They just needed to let her be herself, and they need to let her be HERSELF from now on. I am more impressed with her than ever and say YEAH!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 11:22:27 AM »

'Mentoring' for prof who said, 'Undermine Palin'
But university says no policies violated in assignment

Mentoring has been recommended for an English instructor at Metropolitan State College in Denver after he assigned students to assemble criticisms of GOP vice presidential candidate Gov. Sarah Palin that "undermine" her.

According to a report in the Rocky Mountain News, Metro State president Stephen Jordan confirmed that instructor Andrew Hallam did not violate college policies in assigning an essay on Palin.

But the college said in a prepared statement, "The investigation concluded that Hallam must learn to curb the use of vulgar language in class, and that the introduction of controversial topics must have a substantial relationship with the subject of the class."

"While discipline is not warranted, appropriate mentoring is recommended," the report said.

College spokeswoman Cathy Lucas said Hallam, 36, will be assigned another faculty member who will serve as his mentor for the rest of the semester.

The newspaper also said Lucas confirmed the college would add an all-day session on the subject of maintaining political balance in classes to orientation programs for faculty members, both part-time and tenure track.

Several students had complained about the apparent bias in the classroom.

"This so-called 'assignment' represents indoctrination in its purist form," said Matt Barber, director of Cultural Affairs with Liberty Counsel, whose sister, Janna, is taking the class.

The instructor also, according to students, has been harshly critical of President Bush during his classroom English presentations. He reportedly has allowed students who identify themselves as "liberal" to deride and ridicule those who identify themselves as "conservative" or Republican.

"So much for critical thinking. What's happening in that classroom represents a microcosm for what's happening with the angry left around the country," Barber told WND at the time. "The visceral and even abusive reaction Hallam and some of his students are having against Sarah Palin and Republican students in the class is occurring on a much larger scale among left-wing elitists throughout the media, academia and the larger Democratic Party."

Hallam's assignment about the Republican National Convention said: "Arguably, the entire event was designed to present Sarah Palin in an idealized – indeed, as if her life is like a fairy tale in which America could be included if she is voted into office with John McCain. Note her body language, facial expressions, the way she dressed, what she said and who she pointed out or talked about in her speech. How do these elements form a 'fairy tale' image about Sarah Palin as a person and as a politician that the Republican Party may wish its members and the American public to believe? How may the story 'Sleeping Beauty' and/or Tanith Lee's 'Awake' be used to compare the image of Palin with fairy tales, especially as they portray women, their behavior, and their lives?"

The students also had documented a series of incidents in which Hallam reportedly told his class, "Bush-bashing is one of my favorite things to do."

In another class, the students report, Hallam said he loved swearing and the f-word was his favorite word.

"He used the f-word a few more times that day," they reported.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2008, 09:26:29 PM »

College spokeswoman Cathy Lucas said Hallam, 36, will be assigned another faculty member who will serve as his mentor for the rest of the semester.

Well now.  That's a "positive".

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2008, 10:48:25 PM »

Grin   Grin

I'm hoping that the mentor is an English teacher. Something should be done to make this man at least appear to be more intelligent. However, this would be assuming that they have an intelligent English teacher capable of speaking in a manner appropriate for a learning environment. Maybe this is asking for or expecting too much.

Ooooooophs! - Never mind! - He's supposed to already be an English teacher.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the