Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I NEED Prayer!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I NEED Prayer!  (Read 7998 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »

(pats self on back).

A well deserved pat. I'm glad that it worked out as well as it did and at least wasn't a more drastic result. We have at least that much that we can praise God for. I will continue praying on this situation, sister that it does get better.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
sctami

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 10:12:58 PM »

I'm glad to hear that everything went pretty good for your meeting.  I will keep praying for you.  I've been in bad situations at work, and with prayer, they all worked out to the best.  As my mama used to tell me all the time, "this too shall pass".  Some of mama and daddy's good ole advice is what helps me through most of my days.  (My dad was a minister for many years before he passed away). 
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 03:22:34 AM »

Hello Grammyluv,

I also want to add a pat on your back. I'm glad that you stuck with your convictions and confronted the situation. You will remain in my prayers. I have pictures in my mind of other shelters in my own city, and I LOVE what they do for GOD and hurting people. I would say more, but I'm going to be a good boy and stop. Let's just say that I'm too blunt on things like this. I'm proud of you, and I have no doubt you are serving GOD and these people who so desperately need it. Sister Yvette, you're doing this for the right reasons, and I pray that GOD gives you the strength, courage, and guidance to overcome and continue your service.

Sister, it's my firm belief that what you're doing is a ministry. JESUS told us that what we do for people with needs like this should be considered as directly for HIM. These are beautiful things that GOD says is the Love HE wants us to have for others. Many of us know you are a very talented lady who could be making much more money elsewhere, but you chose service instead. Please let me give you another pat on the back and tell you that I know some people just like you. To say that I admire them is an understatement. They actually keep people in desperate need alive. Those same people who were helped can go on to help others and also be productive for GOD in many ways. Needless to say, the impact is great and beautiful - AND JESUS said that it is for HIM! I firmly believe that GOD will provide - HIS WILL BE DONE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 358 - Proverbs 3:24-26 When thou liest down,
thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep
shall be sweet. 25 Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the
desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. 26 For the LORD shall be thy
confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 11:10:50 AM »

Thank you all so much for your prayers and wonderful words of encouragement.
It is true that I could be doing something else but I felt called to the mission and I still do.  I know that God knew in the beginning that all of this would be happening right now in this instant.  I don't have to know what His purpose is, I just want His purpose.
I have mentioned before that sometimes it feels that I don't make a difference and then some instance will happen with one of the ladies/clients there and it makes it all worth it!  That happened again the other night (same night as the meeting) when a woman sought me out specifically, for prayer and comfort and to share a fear.  Those are the times that I can go home with my heart full and be satisfied that I made the right choice!

My computer update - I had to reset the restore date again to get it to work.  It does seem to be working this morning but it is even slower than normal.  I have already condensed files and that hasn't helped.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking it might be worth the $50 bucks or so to just take it in and have them fix it right, since I am on here so much.  It really is a kinda life line and actually most of my social life since I haven't had a DATE in years!

Actually everytime I have the opportunity, I'm usually the one that backs out.  I'm just too busy to start a relationship and the whole dating thing scares me a bit and seems silly at age 51.  And I'm either working, spending time with my grandson, enjoying one of my many hobbies or HERE!  I keep saying that if God has someone for me the man will show up at my door with a note pinned to his shirt that says, "Dear Yvette, this is the man I've chosen for you.  Love God."  Grin

Now how in the world did I get on this topic anyway.........I need more coffee.

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 11:24:49 AM »

Now how in the world did I get on this topic anyway.........I need more coffee.

Thats in Coffee time sister.......................... 

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 02:49:51 AM »

Hello Sister Yvette!

I'm going to use that new mutley graphic you gave me again.

You post was great and put a smile on my face. It also made me crave a cup of coffee, so I'm going to get one right now. My wife is asleep, so I might even cheat and dunk a few cookies in that coffee.   Grin   By the way, the cookies that are calling me from the kitchen are NOT low fat, and they even have icing on them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 478 - Lamentations 3:22-24 It is of the LORD'S
mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 24 The LORD is
my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 09:25:44 AM »

Sister Yvette, you know how to put smiles on a face.  Smiley Smiley Grin Grin

Computer - It sounds as if it might possibly need a reformat to fix the problems.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 10:23:08 AM »

Hello!!  I am so glad to be here this morning!  This computer has been giving me catfits.  I finally had to restore the date back to when I had the Explorer 7 again and it's working pretty good this morning.  My daughter has a friend that gets computer parts fairly often and her boyfriend knows how to install them, so she is going to ask them for me.  In the mean time I'll just be going on a hope and a prayer that this will work the way it is for now.  Geez.
Well I'm off to read what all I've missed in the past few days!

(Glad I could make you all smile!)

Let us fight the good fight!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the