Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:11:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  B.I.B.L.E.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: B.I.B.L.E.  (Read 4681 times)
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2004, 07:00:58 AM »

B-Basic
I-Instructions
B-Before
L-Leaving
E-Earth

There are conditions to be met for having eternal life, (Matthew 19:16,17.....Mark 10:17-19, etc., etc., etc.)

God has granted to each person a time of probation neccessary, to gain that knowledge.

Those who do not avail themselves to access that knowledge (those who have access to a Bible, but do not study it as though their lives depended upon it) fall into this Bible verse:

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge....seeing that they have forgotten the Law of thy God", (Hosea 4:6).
The Crusader
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 07:46:18 AM »

Your religion may teach you that your on  probation, but the B-I-B-L-E KJV (Gods Word) tells me I have E-T-E-R-N-A-L Life.

The Crusader
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 07:55:01 AM »

Your religion may teach you that your on  probation, but the B-I-B-L-E KJV (Gods Word) tells me I have E-T-E-R-N-A-L Life.

The Crusader
Yes, as long as the conditions are met.
 Remember, only those who have overcome sin, in this life will keep their names, in the book of Life, (Revelation 3:5).
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 05:24:10 PM »

B-Basic
I-Instructions
B-Before
L-Leaving
E-Earth

There are conditions to be met for having eternal life, (Matthew 19:16,17.....Mark 10:17-19, etc., etc., etc.)

God has granted to each person a time of probation neccessary, to gain that knowledge.

Those who do not avail themselves to access that knowledge (those who have access to a Bible, but do not study it as though their lives depended upon it) fall into this Bible verse:

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge....seeing that they have forgotten the Law of thy God", (Hosea 4:6).

In Matthew 19:16-17 Christ is talking to a rich man still under the law as given to Moses. Nothing is said of a probabtion, but that the man should keep the commandments of God.

Mark 10:17-19 relates the same incident. However you neglected verse 21 where Christ tells him, after learning the man has kept all the commandments, to sell all he has and give to the poor. the rich man could not and went away grieved.  Nothing about a probation here. The lesson of these verses is as follows:

Mark 10:21.  Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
 22.  And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
 23.  And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
 24.  And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
 25.  It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

26.  And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
 27.  And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

This is not about people of God being on probation to gain knowledge.

Support your local Christian.
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 02:21:05 AM »

This is not about people of God being on probation to gain knowledge.
There is no such thing as eternal security....Matthew 7:21-23 proves that.

"He that 'endures' to the end , the same shall be saved"(Matthew 24:13).
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 09:30:49 AM »

Probation = Another Gospel

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 09:33:43 AM »

Once Saved, Always Saved

Is it possible to lose your salvation? This is a very important question that we must consider carefully. If it is possible to lose salvation, it is of tantamount importance that we understand just what we must do to stay saved. If it is not possible to lose it, it is our duty to point this out to those who say it is.

First we must understand the basis of our salvation. Is salvation based on what we do?

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

These scriptures, and countless others, make it clear that salvation is not based on what we do for God. In fact, it is just the opposite. Our salvation is based on what God did for us (Rom 5:8; 1 Cor 15:3,4; 2 Cor 5:21).

Since we can't do anything to be saved, how can we be expected to do anything to stay saved? The scriptures teach that we are secure in Christ and that nothing, not even our own unbelief, can separate us from the love of God once we have trusted in Christ's sacrifice for our sin. (Rom 8:33-39; Phil 1:6; 2 Tim 2:11-13)

The argument that we must work to stay saved often stems from an unclear understanding of all we have been given in Christ.

We are members of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27; Eph 1:22,23, 5:30)
Does Christ cut off parts of his body?

We are sealed with the Holy Spirit (2 Cor 1:22; Eph 1:13,14, 4:30)
Is anyone strong enough to break God's seal?

We are a purchased posession (1 Cor 6:20, 7:23; Eph 1:14)
Does God throw away that which he purchased with his own blood?

We are adopted sons of the Father (Rom 8:15-23; Gal 4:5; Eph 1:5)
Does God disown his sons?

It can be easily seen that salvation cannot be lost since, from beginning to end, it is dependent on the work of Christ, not the works of men. Our works can't get us saved, and our works can't keep us saved.

But don't scriptures such as Heb 6:4-6, 10:26,27 and 2 Pet 2:20-22 teach that salvation can be lost if we don't continue in good works? Yes, they do! However, these scriptures are not written to the body of Christ in the dispensation of the grace of God. They are written to believers under the Jewish dispensation

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 09:36:05 AM »

Would you like to have the knowledge, the assurance and the joy of sins forgiven? Would you like to be sure of heaven?

Well, the first step to heaven is to realize that you cannot get there by trying. You can't walk there. You can't climb there. You can't fly there. Only God can take you there.
Many try to earn heaven. They try to climb there on a ladder of good works. They talk about "adding another rung." But look out for that good works ladder! It's not anchored at the top and the higher you climb the farther you will fall.

God's Word says that salvation is "the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8,9). He is not
going to have boasters in heaven there are enough of them on earth and nobody likes them.

All of us should realize that even the best of us are not good enough for heaven, for "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23), but in this same statement the Apostle Paul declares that believers in Christ, who died for our sins, are "justified freely by His [God's] grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 3:24).

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom. 5:1).

So, friend, it is not by trying, or crying, or praying, or paying, or doing anything that you will reach heaven: it is only by believing. God says He loves sinners, and that Christ died for our sins. Will you believe this and trust Christ as your Savior? The terms are stated very plainly in John 3:35,36:

"The Father loveth the Son and hath given all things into His hand.
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life, and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 09:46:21 AM »

Ambassador4ChristSince we can't do anything to be saved, how can we be expected to do anything to stay saved? The scriptures teach that we are secure in Christ and that nothing, not even our own unbelief, can separate us from the love of God once we have trusted in Christ's sacrifice for our sin. (Rom 8:33-39; Phil 1:6; 2 Tim 2:11-13)

Hrmm, i always thought we must beleive,and confess before men.The way iam reading you, is you can do want ever you want and your still saved?So i assume you think everybody is going to heaven?

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 10:51:34 AM »

BIBLE MEDITATION: “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 5:23

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: Some people get confused about when salvation happens. Let me see if I can shed some light on this subject. Salvation can be explained by using three verbal tenses in the English language. The moment you repent and believe upon Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you are saved. After that, you enter a process of sanctification where you are being saved from the power of sin. When you get to heaven, you will be saved from the presence of sin. What happens when you enter into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ? You are justified immediately in your spirit. You are sanctified progressively in your soul. And you will be ultimately glorified in your body.

ACTION POINT: Praise God using Psalm 32:7, 41:2, 121:7-8, that the preservation of your salvation is His job and not yours.
from Love Worth Finding

DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 01:15:16 PM »

Probation = Another Gospel
"..comes the devil and taketh away the word out of their hearts...which for a while believed...but in a time of temptation, fell away", (Luke 8:12,13).

"Say to the righteous...if he trust to his own righteousness and commits sin...all his righteousness shall not be remembered, and he shall die for it", (Ezekiel 33:13,18).

"He that endures...to the end...the same shall be saved", (Matthew 24:13).

"He that overcomes....I will not blot his name out of the Book of Life", (Revelation 3:5).
Question: Overcomes what ?
Sin ?

"Some shall depart from the faith....giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils, (1 Timothy 4:1).
Does this says that they once had faith...then lost it ?
Like those people in Matthew 7:21-23 ?

"If having escaped the sin of the world....they again entangle themselves....the latter end is worse for them than at the beginning", (2 Peter 2:20-22).

"Hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering....for if we sin wilfully ...after we've had truth....a certain fearful looking forward to Judgment  which shall devour..", (Hebrews 10:23-29).

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 03:38:27 PM »

Gods love is manifest to us today by the gospel of God. The gospel of God is His good news to mankind. His good news for us today is His Son, Jesus Christ, dying on the cross for our sins, being buried, and risen again on the third day. This death, burial and resurrection is good news because it is by this sacrifice of God that we have available to us today the opportunity to be saved from eternal punishment for our sins. God set His Son forth to be the complete sacrifice for our sins. Gods sacrifice of His Son is good news to us because it is by His sacrifice that we have eternal life. When Christ rose and revived from the dead He was given a new glorified body that would live eternal and glorified in Heaven. Through His life we too can have eternal life. When we believe the truths of Christs death, burial and resurrection for our sins we are placed in a status as children of God. As a child of God we are promised many wonderful blessings. God is true to His word and His promises. As a child of God we are secure in those promises. As we look into the truths about the gospel or good news of God please understand what is offered and accomplished through His gospel; salvation, eternal life, and so much more. Understand that the good news is just what it says it is "GOOD NEWS"! Please understand how salvation comes to us as a free gift of God and that we receive these blessings not because of anything weve done. We believe and then we receive. Therefore, nothing anyone can do will separate us from the salvation we have secured in Christ Jesus if we have believed in the gospel of God.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 08:31:38 PM »

Ambassador4ChristSince we can't do anything to be saved, how can we be expected to do anything to stay saved? The scriptures teach that we are secure in Christ and that nothing, not even our own unbelief, can separate us from the love of God once we have trusted in Christ's sacrifice for our sin. (Rom 8:33-39; Phil 1:6; 2 Tim 2:11-13)

Hrmm, i always thought we must beleive,and confess before men.The way iam reading you, is you can do want ever you want and your still saved?So i assume you think everybody is going to heaven?

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2004, 07:05:45 AM »

Many things are accomplished by the gospel of God, one of which is:

A.) By the gospel we are "called" unto salvation. What I mean by that is this; if not for God calling us unto salvation, salvation would not be possible. In other words, if it were left up to us we would never have any chance at escaping Gods wrath upon sin. In fact, if it were not for the gospel of God we would never even call upon God to save us. Our natural state as humans is to go apart from God. We do not seek Him. Actually, we do just the opposite of seeking God, we go away from God. In Romans 3:11 and 12, God through Paul says regarding ALL HUMANS "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one." Therefore, we must realize that God through His Love reaches out an arm of long suffering to us and offers to us salvation through His Son Jesus Christ. God calls us unto salvation. Not because of anything good we do but because of His unabounding love. He manifests His glory to us by setting forth His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins, to be buried, and to be risen again on the third day (I Corinthians 15:1-4). It is by Jesus Christ that God calls us unto salvation (I Cor. 1:9) and He gives us that good news by His word. Romans 10:17 says "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Gods word is His way of communicating His gospel to us today. We must read the Bible or hear the gospel from someone who has read the Bible in order for us to be called and in order for us to accept and believe it. One very important thing to know about the calling of the gospel is that it is available to every human being on the face of the earth. There is not a chosen few who will be saved while the rest are left to burn in eternal wrath. Romans 3:22 says "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference". This verse is clear that salvation is offered to all but is only given to those who believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins, being buried and resurrected on the third day.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2004, 07:40:16 AM »

TO HIM THAT WORKETH NOT
Scripture reading Rom 4:5

There is hardly a more "life changing Scripture" than this one! Can it really be that God means what this verse says! To the one who does not work, but simply believes on Him" that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness"? Words could not be clearer than these simply words of assurance that God gave Paul to write. God's wonderful grace is based upon Christ's work then, and not mine. I am to sincerely trust Him as Saviour and take God at His Word that He will count my faith, my believing Him, for righteousness.

I knew I did not have righteousness of my own. I really did not think that I could do the "mission impossible" of pleasing God. But, like so very many religious folks, I tried anyway. Surely good works together with the "means of grace" dispensed thru the sacraments of the church should count for something. After all, what could God expect! That was all my religious leaders seemed to expect. But then came, "to him that worketh not...!" And what a blessed relief it was--and still is--to know that God counts believing His Son for eternal righteousness in His sight.

Then all these works to gain God's favor were for nothing. I already had His favor, for "God commends His love toward us in that, while we were [I was] yet sinners Christ died for us." God had shown His favor. I had simply to take Him at His Word.

From the time that was a settled issue in my soul, I had peace, assurance, pardon, life, the hope of glory and grace abounding with more than I ever thought possible! These blessings did not come until I realized that it was not what I did, but what Christ had already done. Now a life of good works in thankful worship can result!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the