Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:09:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Thought For The Week
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thought For The Week  (Read 22253 times)
The Crusader
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 05:42:24 AM »

Sometimes, when you reach Rock Bottom....its God trying to show you that He's the Rock at the bottom.

Amen, thanks Willowbirch

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
<Smiley))><
The Crusader
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 05:44:03 AM »

The only works that have ever saved were the works of Jesus Christ.

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
<Smiley))><
The Crusader
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 05:58:33 AM »

ETERNAL SECURITY of the believer in Christ. I hold that our security rests in Christ's finished work, not our finishing.  

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
<Smiley))><
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 07:56:20 AM »

"I've always wanted to be a nobody, who tells everybody, that there is a Somebody, Who can save anybody."
~Melvin Graham, Sr.~

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2004, 01:23:04 PM »

"I've always wanted to be a nobody, who tells everybody, that there is a Somebody, Who can save anybody."
~Melvin Graham, Sr.~
I like that.  Grin Have you read Phantastes, by George MacDonald? The quote reminds me of this book.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
The Crusader
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2004, 04:33:40 AM »

~Melvin Graham, Sr.~

Thanks sincereheart, I love it

Your frend and brother

The Crusader
<Smiley))><

P.S.

If you were to die right now, where would you spend eternity?

A: What a question! This is a question that you should consider very carefully. Wherever you are in your life, the only thing that matters to God today is if you are in Christ. When God looks at your heart, He wants to see your faith resting in what His Son did on the cross for you. The Lord Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. That is you and me. Consider these sciptures:

Romans 3:10-11 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God"
Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God:"
Romans 5:6 "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly."
Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
I Cor. 15:1-4 1 " Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

The moment you place your faith in Christ alone, God will save you.

Romans 4:5 "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

He will place you into His Son and make you complete in Christ. God does it all!!

Ephesians 1:13 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,"
Colossians 2:9-10 "9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:"

My dear friend you do not need to go anywhere, pray a prayer, join an organization, or even move a muscle. You don’t have to do anything. Christ did it all. Make the decision to trust Christ and His finished work at the cross. It’s your choice.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2004, 07:57:43 AM »

AMEN!

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2004, 01:41:48 PM »

AMEN!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2004, 01:36:36 PM »

Having a GREAT Day is entirely up to you!
If God is truly your Life, and you are faithful in trusting Him, there is no excuse for having a "bad day", for every day should be a day of true JOY!  

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2004, 06:57:39 PM »

Having a GREAT Day is entirely up to you!
If God is truly your Life, and you are faithful in trusting Him, there is no excuse for having a "bad day", for every day should be a day of true JOY!

Amen and amen!

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2004, 07:28:28 AM »

The Greeks had a race in their Olympic games that was unique. The winner was not the runner who finished first. It was the runner who finished with his torch still lit. I want to run all the way with the flame of my torch still lit for Him.
~J. Stowell, Fan The Flame

The Crusader
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2004, 06:27:26 AM »

AMEN!!! Crusader and sincereheart

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
<Smiley))><
The Crusader
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2004, 06:41:55 AM »

When I look at you and you look at me we only see the skin. If we could look inside, I bet we'd find a searcher there within. - Jeff Johnson
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2004, 07:28:01 AM »

BIBLE MEDITATION: “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of His knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish.” 2 Corinthians 2:14-15

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: Thanks be to God who always causes us to triumph in Christ! And when we are enjoying this victory, we will be sending off a sweet, pervasive perfume of His glory. Do you know how incense is made? It is made by cutting or breaking herbs, then crushing them into a fine powder. Then water is added to this powder to create a clay to form into sticks or cones. What is the purpose of incense? To burn and create a fragrant aroma. When we are praising God in the midst of trials, singing songs of glory in the midst of persecution, claiming His victory when a problem arises, then we are emitting a sweet aroma that is unmistakable to the nostrils of God. This is the sweet smell of victory!

ACTION POINT: Whatever it is that looks like a trial today in your life...thank God! Thank Him every time the thought enters your mind to grumble or complain.

The Crusader
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2004, 03:31:51 AM »

BIBLE MEDITATION: “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of His knowledge by us in every place. For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish.” 2 Corinthians 2:14-15

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: Thanks be to God who always causes us to triumph in Christ! And when we are enjoying this victory, we will be sending off a sweet, pervasive perfume of His glory. Do you know how incense is made? It is made by cutting or breaking herbs, then crushing them into a fine powder. Then water is added to this powder to create a clay to form into sticks or cones. What is the purpose of incense? To burn and create a fragrant aroma. When we are praising God in the midst of trials, singing songs of glory in the midst of persecution, claiming His victory when a problem arises, then we are emitting a sweet aroma that is unmistakable to the nostrils of God. This is the sweet smell of victory!

ACTION POINT: Whatever it is that looks like a trial today in your life...thank God! Thank Him every time the thought enters your mind to grumble or complain.

Amen

And Amen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the