Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:21:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hell is Real...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hell is Real...  (Read 5686 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2008, 05:27:51 PM »

Hell is Real...

Don't be fooled!

People don't like to hear about hell. But I'm here to tell you that if Jesus is not your Lord and Savior, you are on your way to hell. Some of you will be upset at this bad news. You think that I'm all gloom and doom. Tell me this...if your house were on fire, would you want me to let you know? Of course you would. You'd probably thank me for telling you. Well, if you go to hell, YOU will be the one on fire.

Hell may not be a politically correct topic these days, but many people enter hell everyday. Out of the 120,000 people that die everyday, most end up in hell. Hell is a real place despite the fact that people laugh and say that they want to go there. They simply don't understand how terrible hell is. Just because you've never seen hell doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We have a searing, accurate description of what hell is like in God's word. (We'll get to some scriptures in a minute) Hell is awful and if you don't believe in Jesus, you'd better get on the stick or else that's going to be your eternal destination.

Satan, the god of this world, WILL NOT always cause havoc. His doom is already foretold, "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (Revelation 20:10)

Did you know that if you do not belong to Jesus Christ you belong to Satan? You don't have to be a card carrying Satanist to serve Satan. You don't have to be a murderer, drunkard or drug addict, either. All you have to do is ignore Jesus Christ. If you don't have Jesus today, you are deceived and hell bound--you are a child of hell, a child of the devil.

How many times have I heard someone say, "A loving God wouldn't put His creatures in hell." Well I have news for you, friend, God doesn't put anyone in hell--their sins put them there. Know ye not that hell was not created for man? Hell was created for the devil and his angels--

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS. (Matthew 25:41)

Men go to hell because they choose the devil's way and reject the Lord Jesus. God is holy and will not allow any sin in His kingdom. As a result, when people die in their sins they are forever banished from the presence of God to a place called hell--and it ain't pretty. Incidentally, Satan won't be ruling in the lake of fire. He'll be screamin' and hollerin' just like everybody else--

the devil...shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Revelation 20:10)

Think about this...God, out of profound love for you--a vile sinner who has transgressed His commandments--let His own beautiful, dear Son be sacrificed for YOUR sins! Jesus wasn't a sinner. He didn't sin one time. He didn't die for Himself. He died for you. To save YOU. That's why He is called the Saviour. Because He SAVES from hell! If you reject His sacrifice and trod it underfoot it should not be too hard for you to understand that the same God who sacrificed His beloved Son will expeditiously cast your rebellious hind parts into hell and the lake of fire. NOTHING unclean will ever enter God's heaven--and all unregenerate people are unclean. I too was once dead in trespasses and sins, but one lovely day I turned my face to Jesus and got washed in the blood. You can too--no matter what you've done.

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

God does not want you in hell! Jesus came to save you from that horrible place! Don't lie and say God puts people in hell! Get right with Jesus and you won't go there! Look at these scriptures:

As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die... (Ezekiel 33:11)

The Lord is...not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (II Peter 3:9)

The Bible says that God loves you so much that the Creator of this universe (Jesus Christ) came to "taste death" for every man. Jesus wasn't just some baby for a manger scene. He is God come in the flesh to destroy the power of death and hell--He holds the keys, people! If you say yes to Jesus, hell won't be your final destination. If you say no to Jesus, hell will be your eternal home. There ain't no getting out and no comfort--it's everlasting.

Regardless of whether you believe it or not, hell exists and the Bible says that it is never full. I've heard folks say that hell is not mentioned in the Bible or that hell is just the grave. Well, let's take a look at what the Bible says. Here are a few scriptures that deal with hell and the lake of fire (at the final judgment, hell, death and those not written in the book of life will be cast into the lake fire):

Matthew 25:41 (Jesus speaking to people at final judgment), ...Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.

Revelation 14:11, And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night...

Revelation 20:12, 15, And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life...And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Matthew 10:28, And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 12:5, But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which AFTER he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Matthew 18:8, 9 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Matthew 25:46, And these shall go away into EVERLASTING punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

II Thessalonians 1:9 Who shall be punished with EVERLASTING destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power.

Isaiah 66:24, And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be abhorring unto all flesh.

Mark 9:44 (speaking of hell), Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Jude 7, Sodom and Gomorrha...are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Matthew 22:13, ...Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 13:41-42, The Son of man (Jesus) shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Revelation 21:8, But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Psalm 9:17, The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

cont'd

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 05:28:09 PM »

Isaiah 14:99-11, 15 (referring to Lucifer), Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee...all they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us? Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee...thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Daniel 12:2, And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and EVERLASTING contempt.

The following is a true story as told by the Lord Jesus in Luke 16:19-31:

19. There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20. And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23. And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28. For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Sinner, you will either TURN from your sins to Jesus or you will BURN for your sins. If you reject the Lord Jesus Christ, you will be tormented in the flames forever without a single, solitary hope. The biggest fool in the world chooses hell. No need to argue with me about this. God said hell is real, your argument is with Him and you won't win that one.

There is GOOD NEWS. No one needs to go to hell. Jesus' arms are open wide waiting for you to come to Him. He is willing to rescue all that are willing to accept Him.

Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the
power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew
first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith
to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Salvation, salvation from death under the law by God's perfect grace.

Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh
after God.
Rom 3:12  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become
unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and
death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have
sinned:

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is
eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all
ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in
unrighteousness;

Rom 3:20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be
justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:27  Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of
works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be
saved from wrath through him.

Rom 2:4  Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance
and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee
to repentance?

Rom 3:22  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus
Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no
difference:

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith
without the deeds of the law.

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the
dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 4:21  And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was
able also to perform.

Rom 4:24  But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe
on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and
with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 07:23:41 PM »

AMEN PASTOR ROGER!

Ariellamb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:54:49 PM »

I was shown this a year ago while praying

'The Sinners Prayer is not enough'

A large room was seen afar off,one of many different rooms, set in the side of a great hole like a very deep pit.

Upon getting closer I could make out a name written on it..

The name on the door read…We all prayed the sinner’s prayer.

Upon entering in by the door my eyes beheld an incredibly large throng of folk within of all ages, some with crucifixes around there necks, but with all having a Bible in one hand.
Many were laying upon beds writhing in pain as upon a death bed , with a constant stream of words pouring out of there mouths.

I asked one of them a young woman why she kept saying the same words over and over again she said, ‘ I was told I was now forgiven and upon death would enter heaven’

Enquiring as to why she had not arrived there after her death she replied.
'We were not told to forsake the world with all its attractions or that we should seek to die to our old selfish interests and then press on towards the prize of the high calling,we thought we would enter into the Eternal City by right of having prayed the prayer'

I asked why she had thought so while on earth,she replied , 'It was like a kind of magic words to me that having said them I would be safe.
Here I cannot rest, partly because I keep hearing screams all around me of 'if only' 'If only' I had read this book ,if only I had'

Trying to get away from the noise I found an old man lying alone making a faint noise that I could hardly hear coming in short gasps from his mouth, as I looked at him I could see his lips were cracked and dry with what appeared like small maggots pushing themselves out of the sides of his mouth and going straight up into his nose. His eyes were blood shot and very sad.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 09:59:19 PM by Ariellamb » Logged

The Word was God 'And the Word became flesh'
Perhaps the greatest truth a man can receive
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 10:21:27 PM »

No the sinners prayer is not enough of itself for anyone can repeat a few words. We must first believe on Him and when we pray it must come from a truly repentant heart.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 10:28:59 PM »

Hello Brother Peter,

Pastor Roger's posts did not indicate that the sinner's prayer was enough. But, you've got me confused with your post anyway. Are you saying that you had some sort of vision?

All of our regulars here know the means of Salvation. Faith in Jesus Christ has set us free from the curse of sin and death. The so-called "sinner's prayer" is just an example for someone to think about, especially considering that many have never prayed before.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ariellamb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 10:08:03 PM »

Hi Tom

By no means do i think Pastor Roger was saying the sinners prayer is enough.
I can see that he is spot on in what he says.
I very much appreciated his sound words on the subject of Hell.
Yours In Him Peter

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 02:34:02 AM »

All non-believers Will Be Judged Guilty, at the Great White Throne Judgment.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

There is not one person who lives his whole life without sin.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

We are all sinners; we are all less than perfect; no one measures up to God's standard..

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

The Bible declares that we are all sinners, but God has promised us that all those who believe in Jesus Christ will receive forgiveness of sin.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Sin brings death and judgment from God, but God has offered us a free gift of forgiveness of sin and eternal life in Jesus Christ.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God the Father gave His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for sinners because He loved us. The offer of forgiveness of sins and eternal life is given to everyone; we only need to believe in Jesus Christ in order to receive it.

John 3:17-18 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

All who believe in Jesus Christ will not be judged because Jesus Christ has taken our judgment upon Himself. He took our sins upon Himself when He died on the cross for us. All people who don't believe in Jesus Christ will be judged and have already been declared guilty before God; furthermore, they must pay the penalty for their sin, and that penalty is death and eternal hell.

John 5:22-24 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The person who honors Jesus Christ by believing in Him, honors the Father. The believer receives forgiveness of sin and eternal life; therefore, he does not come into judgement. The person who rejects Jesus Christ not only dishonors the Son of God, but he also dishonors God the Father; therefore, he does not receive forgiveness of sin and he must stand before the Judge who is none other than Jesus Christ, the One he rejected.

John 12:47-48 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Jesus Christ came to make atonement for our sins and to offer us forgiveness of sins. The offer is extended to everyone who will believe in Him. If a person does not believe His words, that person does not believe in Him and is still in his sins; therefore, a person condemns himself when he rejects the words of Christ.

Acts 10:42-43 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Jesus Christ was appointed by God to be the Judge of the living and the dead. He will judge all people for their sins and no one will escape His judgment. Those who believe in Him will not be judged because their sins are forgiven and as far as God is concerned they have no sins. Those who do not believe in Him will be judged for their sins because their sins are not forgiven; their sins remain.

Hebrews 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Jesus Christ was offered as a sacrifice for our sins, once and for all, to do away with sin for all those who will believe in Him. When He comes back to this earth, there will be no mention of sin for all those who believe in Him, but there will be judgement for all those who reject Him.

Acts 17:30-31 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

All those who reject Jesus Christ are left without any defense, because God has given us proof that Jesus Christ is the Savior by raising Him from the dead. No one will be able to claim ignorance, because the resurrection is proof that Jesus Christ is who He claimed to be. The person who rejects Jesus Christ will be judged by the very one he rejects.

Romans 2:5-8 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

God is not angry with the person who believes in Jesus Christ, but He is very angry with the person who rejects Him. Furthermore, those who reject Jesus Christ, because they do not want to submit to Him, will receive the wrath of God on the day of judgement and no one will be able to stand against His wrath.

Psalms 1:5-6 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

God has declared men to be righteous when they believe in Jesus Christ; He has also declared the unbeliever to be unrighteous. The righteous will enter into the presence of God where they will live forever; the unrighteous will be judged and will never enter into the presence of God.

Revelations 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

No one will be able to escape the great white throne judgement; there will be no place to hide and no way to avoid it. There will be one Judge and no jury, and there will be no lawyers and no arguments allowed. A person will be judged according to what is written in the record books and the judgement will be swift and final, with no appeals, no reversals, no probation, and no pardons.

Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ has their name written in the book of life, but everyone who does not believe in Jesus Christ does not have their name written in the book of life. The people who have their names written in the book of life will not be judged, but instead they will receive honor and glory and eternal happiness in the presence of God forever.

There will also be record books in which are written all the evil deeds that the unbelievers have ever done. There will be no mistakes made, no one will be judged unjustly and no will be let off. God has been keeping a complete and perfect record of every sin that every unbeliever has ever done; nothing will be forgotten and nothing will be overlooked.

In the final analysis, everyone who believes in Jesus Christ will escape judgment because their name is written in the book of life, and everyone who does not believe in Jesus Christ will be judged and found guilty because their name is not written in the book of life.

All those whose names are not written in the book of life will be thrown into the lake of fire, and the sentence will be eternal damnation.

cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 02:42:50 AM »

Heaven or Hell most Christians believe that there will be a judgment. In this, everyone's life will be evaluated. Those who depend upon Christ for salvation can be assured that they will pass this judgment. However the quality of their lives will still become known, and everything in their lives that was not built on Christ will be purged. The Bible talks of their work being tested with fire.

All major Christian traditions say that in the end everyone will end up in either heaven or hell. At first glance, it sounds like we won't be held accountable for what we did, as long as we manage to meet the minimal criteria for ending up in heaven. In fact there are several ways of maintaining some kind of accountability.

Protestant groups are still concerned to maintain accountability for what has been done during life. Many Protestants believe that there will be different levels of honor in heaven. Many Protestants also believe that even saved people will go through a process where their entire lives are reviewed and judged, even though their final destination is not in doubt.

Currently there is a good deal of discussion among Christians about the morality of hell: it is said that a good God would not condemn people to an eternity of torture. However that has been the belief of Christians through most of Christian history, it is supported by the Bible.

My position is that anyone who rejects Christ will end up in hell. That is it, no second chance, they have already had their chance.. Does this mean that only Christians can be saved?? The Catholic church and many Protestant churches don't think so. They believe it is possible that Christ can come to someone in an inward and spiritual way, even if they've never heard of Christ. Thus someone can be an "anonymous Christian." That is, they can know Christ spiritually without realizing it it Christ. Please note; I strongly disagree, with this Theology.

Most Christians also believe that God's judgment will take into account the sorts of opportunities a person had to learn the truth. A person who has never heard the Gospel can't be said to have rejected Christ. An even worse situation occurs when Christians have persecuted other groups. A person who sees Christ as a persecutor has hardly had, if any a real exposure to the Gospel.

Luke 16, Jesus Christ gives a frightening picture of hell:
Luke 16:22-28
22 . . . the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Hebrews 9:27 "Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment".
How are we to understand the descriptive language about heaven, hell, the New Jerusalem, and the lake of fire? Unless there is a clear contextual reason, the language of Scripture should always be taken literally and be viewed from its plain and simple meaning. But human language is inadequate to describe either heaven or hell. The realities of both fall well beyond our most imaginative dreams. It is impossible to describe the glory and splendor of heaven and the terror and torment of hell. Whether taken literally or figuratively, the meaning is the same: Hell is a place where one will experience total separation from God; heaven enjoys the total presence of God.

Hell is fire, plain and simple.
The man in Luke 16:24 cries: ". . .I am tormented in this  FLAME."

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."

Judgment of the wicked. The final judgment for the wicked is a frightening picture. Called the Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15). Jesus Christ is the Judge. Judged are all the wicked dead from all nations and all times. They are judged according to their works while living. No one at this judgment escapes or is acquitted. "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:14,15). We customarily refer to hell as the end that awaits the wicked. The wicked here are all who have rejected Jesus Christ as the Savior who died to make them righteous.

Some teach that hell is not eternal torture, but rather eternal cessation of existence. This false teaching grows out of inability to understand how a loving God can mete out such a painful punishment. Others ask, "How could a God of love send people to hell?" The answer is that He doesn't. Only those who willfully turn from His Son Jesus as their source of salvation go to hell. In this life we are constantly confronted by the overtures and invitations of a God of love. But He is also a Holy and a just God. He must punish the wicked, who turn away from His holiness.

There is so much garbage out there today, we MUST read the Bible to understand, what He is telling us.

Bob

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 09:05:50 AM »

Amen!

I think many things boil down to the opinions of men versus what the Bible plainly teaches. I give thanks that most of the Christians I know will take the Bible and be done with it. God's Word is really the only authority, and this one basic FACT would help a lot of people.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 4:16 ASV  16  Let us therefore draw near with boldness unto the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy, and may find grace to help us in time of need.

Ariellamb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »

Gods Wrath will be poured out without mixture we are told in His Word. To this i fully agree.

Sadly more folk within the churches 'privately believe' that a God of Love will not act unreasonably and condemn ppl to Everlasting Hell,but will punish them for a short time only and then will throw them into the Lake of fire where they will be annihilated for good,where their name will be blotted out for ever.
'Publicly'  evangelical ppl know the party (Biblical line) so agree outwardly it will be Everlasting punishment,but in their hearts believe differently.

There is a real shift from Everlasting punishment to Annihilation after the Judgement.
Just as there is a shift from Normal marriage to Civil partnerships.
Just as there is a shift to Women Ministers and Elders.
Along side our rights being all important, to none for the unborn child.

The unadulterated Word of God is bad news in today's society of lawlessness.

This spirit is rampant here in the UK and is i believe in the US also !

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 06:13:18 PM »

Ariellamb Said:

The unadulterated Word of God is bad news in today's society of lawlessness.

This spirit is rampant here in the UK and is i believe in the US also !

Hello Brother Peter,

I can assure you this is true. I'll give thanks that it isn't true in the little and simple church I attend. One can still find churches that preach the full-strength Word of God, but you do have to look for them.

I wouldn't have any idea which country has the greatest number of fallen churches, but I'm sure that America could compete well in this category. We live in a day and age where it isn't politically correct to tell the truth from the pulpit, and this is sadly a major goal of many churches. The day of "itching ears" is here.

2 Timothy 4:2-5  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.  3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;  4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.  5  But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the