Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:22:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Son
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Son  (Read 40519 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2008, 12:56:45 AM »

Help guys!!!  I really need prayer for my son between now and next Friday when he goes to the counselor.  He has told is friend that he wants to take us into the room with him to tell us that he is gay! Please, please pray that God will move in a mighty way between now and Friday.  I know that God will not put more on me then I can handle, but I am mighty close.  I do not know what to do anymore except turn it fully and completely over to God and say "here Lord, it's yours!  I can't fight anymore, I'm tire and weary.  Please take care of this battle for me."  Please keep us in your prayers.   :'(

Hello Sctami,

HANG TOUGH! Tough love might be called for in this situation. Much is at stake, and prayer will always be at the top of the list. Your family will remain in our prayers. Part of the answer might be a BLUNT AND SIMPLE "NO!" - AND MEAN IT!

From a Godly parent's perspective, silence isn't an option because silence is many times perceived as authorization, acceptance, or calling evil good. We must call it what it is - EVIL!

Isaiah 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Romans 1:16-32  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written. The just shall live by faith.  18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;  19  Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.  20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:  21  Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.  22  Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,  23  And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.  24  Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:  25  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.  26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:  27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.  28  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;  29  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,  30  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,  31  Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:  32  Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Sister, I firmly believe there are times when the only right thing we can do for our children is to tell the BLUNT TRUTH, SAY NO, AND BE UNYIELDING! In this case, there are many other things to do, say, and try. However, the bottom line must be NO!:

1 - There isn't a single "yes" argument.

2 - This isn't a matter of personal preference.

3 - A person IS NOT BORN THIS WAY!

4 - The choices involve great suffering, dreaded diseases, and death in this short life - AND eternal condemnation to suffering in the life to come. This is definitely a LIFE and DEATH issue, one where the WRONG decision has HORRIBLE CONSEQUENCES.

5 - Alternative lifestyles are a violation of GOD'S natural order HE established in CREATION, so this is NOT just sin - it's an abomination in the eyes of GOD!

Sister, I hope that the above helps you some. From a Biblical and Christian perspective, there is NO DEFENSE of alternative lifestyles because GOD has already bluntly spoken on these issues in many portions of the Bible. GOD has already BLUNTLY said NO, and there are no human arguments. I must add that Romans 1 and other portions of Scripture were written after the CROSS. There is ZERO acceptance of this behavior by GOD, and this will never change. The ONLY thing acceptable to GOD is repentance and coming to CHRIST as LORD and SAVIOUR!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 309 - Matthew 5:14-16 Ye are the light of the
world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men
light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and
it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so
shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your
Father which is in heaven.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »

Hey guys!  Hope all is well with all of you.  I have had a really down day today.  The devil is fighting me with the feeling of hopelessness.  Please pray for me.  My son's friend is really influencing him in an unhealthy way.  Please pray that God will change her and break the hold that she has on him.  It is an extremely strong hold, and I know that it is the devil.  He was doing so good, and is still doing okay, but this person has gotten him so confused again.  Please pray that God will destroy this influence she has on him but also that God will help her see the error of her ways.  Please remember me in your prayers that God will help me find the strength to stay strong - like I said, it's been a horrible day!!!! Sad

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 08:00:23 PM »

Hello sctami,

I am sure that it is tough on you and your son. Anything that is worthwhile is indeed worth fighting for. Keep up the good fight. My prayers are with you all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 08:39:02 PM »

Hello Sctami,

You and your family are in my prayers every day, and you will stay there. This is just an idea - please consider forbidding him to see this person causing so many problems for him. This would be considered to be part of tough love, but there really wouldn't be anything unusual about such an action with any kind of problem. Anyone encouraging destructive behavior should be off-limits, especially when you're talking about life and death destructive behavior. That person is WRONG to even hint there is anything right or acceptable about this behavior. It's completely wrong from every perspective except from those destroying themselves with the same behavior. The price is horrible in this life and the one to come. A support group would tell you to set your foot down and say NO! Realistically, there are many other things you can say "NO!" to until your demands are met. By the way, "DEMAND" is the correct word. You pay the bills and provide everything, over and beyond necessities. We all do many things for our children that aren't required, and children need to know that in many circumstances. This is one of them!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Christian Quotes 287 - 
"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him
than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling 'darkness' on the
wall of his cell... "
 -- C.S. Lewis

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 10:20:57 PM »

Thank you so much, Tom, for all your advices.  I can demand he not talk to her while at home, but they go to school together.  I am praying for God to move her out the way - It is just so hard sometimes.  I know God is working, but sometimes I just need reassurance that he is still there and he still cares about me.  I guess I feel like sometimes I am just one person in this world full of so many, so why should he answer my prayer when there are so many others out there who need him just as much or more.  Satan fights me really hard a lot of days, and I know that is when I am closest to God.  Thank you for your continued prayers - I need them. 
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2008, 10:40:35 PM »

Hello Sctami,

Let me think out loud for a moment. The stakes are high enough in this situation to consider everything. 1) Ask the school to keep them apart (Note: I realize this isn't very realistic);  2) Change schools for a new environment and new friends.

Changing schools might seem to be a drastic measure, but the potential consequences of wrong decisions are MORE drastic - life and death. You are probably near the beginning of school, so now might be the most appropriate time for this kind of a decision. If you consider doing this, I would suggest that you be very open and honest with your son and tell him what you expect and why you are doing what you're doing. There's nothing about this that's easy for you, so all of your motives are from LOVE. He also needs to understand that. At the same time, you might explain that you are prepared to do other actions if the problems continue. The main point is that you have options, and I realize that many of the options aren't pleasant and will cause more effort on your part. Again, that's part of LOVE.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Christian Quotes 232 -
"The Holy Scriptures are our letters from home."
 -- Augustine

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 05:29:14 PM »

Hello sctami, do you have any up-dates on your son?

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 09:57:58 AM »

My son had his therapy session Friday, but me and his dad go with him to the next one, which will be on Sept. 2nd at 5:30.  So between now and that date, lots of prayer would be much appreciated.  He seems to be doing okay.  He is still somewhat confused, but I think he realizes that there is an underlying reason for his homosexual feelings, and I am praying that the therapist will help him to figure those out.  I have been in communication with a group in my state, Exodus International, and I have been communicating with parents of children like my son and some of the ones who have actually been where my son is.  They have really given good advice.  They have told me that I will have to love him out of this - the one who loves the longes wins.  And it seems to be working - that along with the prayers of each of you.  Please continue to pray that things will be okay when we go back on September 2nd.  I am praying and worshipping God each day, and it keeps me going.  Thanks to all of you!!!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 11:09:27 AM »

You are most welcome, sctami.

I have heard wonderful things about the work of Exodus. I understand that they have some wonderful councilors available through them also as well as a really great support system. It really does sound like you are getting things pulled together at least in the right direction.

Rest assured that we will continue our prayers for you and your son.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2008, 01:49:51 PM »

My heart goes out to you sctami.  I will be praying everyday for you and your family.
Something you said earlier really struck me.  It was to effect of feeling insignifacant in a world of so many that need God too.  I have been through much in my life and I am amazed sometimes that God can care so much for me and my issues or failings.  But He DOES!  Just little ol' me and just little ol' you!  God IS love, so He can't help himself!  He sees each and every one of our lives and cares what is going on.  He truely is an individual and personal God.
I've said it before and I will say it again and again.  Whenever I'm in doubt I stand on:

Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Stand on that wonderful promise and remember that Satan has already defeated!  If God is for you who can be against you, right?  And remember that God ALWAYS walks through our troubles with us.  Even when we can't feel Him, he is always right there.

Do keep us posted because we care for you.

In Christ,
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 09:28:12 PM »

Hi sctami, yes I will keep praying for your son, and family. I to have heard a few things on Exodus, and all of it good.

sctami

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2008, 08:11:21 PM »

YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!  I am going to keep him going to therapy; the mother in me will not let me stop fighting - I love him too much.

He posted a bulletin on his myspace that says "Monday is going to be awkward.  Probably all next week . . . I dunno.  I want to move.  Far far away."  I'm not exactly sure what this means.  It has me a little worried, but I know God is going to take care of him.  I asked him if everything was okay at school, and he said he thought so.  I told him if he wanted to change schools to let me know.  There are no other public schools where I live, but there is a private christian school in the town where I work that he can go to, which if he changes schools, he had agreed to that.  If thats what God wants, please pray that it will be. 

Thanks for everything!!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2008, 08:19:43 PM »

The Christian school sounds like a really good idea.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2008, 10:19:43 PM »

I will keep praying for your son, and family.

The Christian school sounds like a really good idea.

Ditto!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 02:00:07 AM »

AMEN AND AMEN!

GOD and Love are the real answers, and things are sounding positive again. I must add that REAL LOVE IS GOD and always has been! GOD and REAL LOVE is the only happiness in this short life and IS the LASTING HOPE for Eternity. Everything GOOD is FROM GOD and HIS REAL LOVE. This includes every lasting happiness in this short life. As an example, Christians should know that lasting happiness is NOT MONEY AND THE LUSTS OF THIS WORLD. Discovery of a BIG SECRET is WONDERFUL:  PEACE WITH GOD MEANS BELONGING TO CHRIST AND EXPERIENCING A LOVE THAT THIS WORLD CAN'T OFFER!

GOD'S REAL LOVE can extend to every facet of our lives. Christians should also know that GOD'S REAL LOVE is many times tough love. Our HEAVENLY FATHER does discipline HIS Children when they disobey HIM. This is GOOD, but the first GOOD thing must be BELONGING TO HIM!

We will keep praying for your son. Above all, I pray that your son becomes a Purchased Possession of JESUS CHRIST, our LORD and SAVIOUR Forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 189 - Isaiah 12:2-3 Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength
and my song; he also is become my salvation. 3 Therefore with joy
shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the