Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:03:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Anyone Using Firefox 3 Yet?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone Using Firefox 3 Yet?  (Read 10445 times)
daniel1212av
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 11:32:30 AM »

Praise God for any help we can be, and thanks for the Scrapbook info. Sounds useful, esp. as every month i do much cut and pasting of events to outreach at. Usually i use an autopaste feature in a work pro called Text Shield, written by a believer. But as also collect spiritually related stats, Scrapbook sounds useful.  I am also happy that i just found an updated savewithurl extension, which can be configured to place the URL at the top of any saved web page. Important for research. And also UnMht, which saved a page as a single page with most or all images and absolute links working, as IE does in it's .mht format.  http://nic-nac-project.de/~kaosmos/savewithurl-en.html http://www.unmht.org/unmht/en_index.html

" The truth is in JESUS" (Eph. 4:21b).
www.peacebyjesus.com
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 07:56:51 PM »

I Tried Mozilla Firefox three and did not care for it as it is Still needing Upgrades! So, I went back to Mozilla Firefox 2.0, because it is Stable and is just as Fast as three!

Firefox three Still don't have all the plug ins for certain projects yet. You can Still Use Firefox 2.0 and all its wonderful Plug ins and it works Great! I think Firefox Three will be good in the near future when they are done upgrading it!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 11:33:59 AM »

FireFox 3.0.3 bug

There seems to be a problem with 3.0.3 in viewing videos. Irregardless of your computer or internet speed videos will hesitate appearing to be broken up. Occasionally this problem will lock up FireFox requiring you to shut down FireFox and restarting it and perhaps even have to restart your computer in order to clear it.

This problem has been reported and is currently being worked on. A new fix is expected to be out soon.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 12:39:44 AM »

THANKS PASTOR ROGER!

Brother, I appreciate the information sincerely. I'm just going to be patient and keep using Firefox 2 until all the problems are worked out. In fact, I'm very happy with everything as it is right now and really don't know why I would want to change. All of my favorite extensions work perfectly, and everything is stable, so I think that I'll just enjoy what I have.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 05:54:44 PM »

He PR. 
Did that mention what types of videos cause that problem?  I have been watching all sorts of videos at home and on one computer (with very old graphics card) I get stutters, but I blamed that on the graphics card.  Cause on my laptop I have no problems whatsoever.  The only other difference is laptop is Vista.  I hate it but it came with tons of free apps from HP and I would hate to have to pay to replace them...so I live with Vista.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 07:05:16 PM »

It is videos such as youtube and godtube displays.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 09:40:10 AM »

Those would be FLV (flash player).  It is odd how I get that more on the XP machine than I do on the Vista box...It is possible that the Vista box simply has better video card, faster processor, and more ram so the effects are not as noticeable as the XP machine.  But the browser and everything else is the same....oh well I will update when it comes out Smiley

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 09:45:59 AM »

I have XP but I also have an excellent video card and fairly fast processor. It handles even the biggest games such as the one the Army puts out, "America's Army". I didn't have the problem until I upgraded to FF 3.0.3 (and even then it is not a consistent problem) and I can still get them without problems if I use IE.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 05:18:15 AM »

I think that the majority of the videos on GODTube are in the ".flv" format.

I have an older computer with fairly average speed, low memory, and a tiny low-power video card by today's standards. I also have Linux Ubuntu as an operating system and Firefox 2 as my browser. I don't have a problem of any kind in watching the videos on GODTube.

I can't find out for sure right now, but I think that I also use a generic, open source video player made for Linux. I can't even find the name of it right now, but it's tiny compared to the Big Name Brand that's usually installed, and it uses much less system resources while running. I'll try to find out more on this, BUT I think it only works on Linux. Regardless, it has high ratings, and I chose it on purpose the last time I updated my Linux Ubuntu software. I must add that Linux uses a lot of generic, open source software, and I haven't had a problem with any of it. There are many examples of OUTSTANDING open source software. You wouldn't even recognize many of the names except the biggest and most popular ones like Open Office. I think that many of them actually work BETTER than the BIG NAME stuff.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 06:26:38 AM »

I'm using Firefox 3.03 now, and I think it's great. All of my favorite extensions work. Overall, Firefox is head and shoulders above anything else out there, and that includes speed, security, and functions. It's versatile enough for anyone to customize it to their liking and fulfill just about any need a browser can fulfill. This especially includes people with eyesight problems or other disabilities.

I must add that there are continually new extensions now and think that it must have something to do with the open architecture of the browser engine. The gecho engine has improved dramatically, and it's faster than ever. I don't think that anyone can compete with the Firefox Browser - NOT even close - and it's still free. Nearly all of the themes and extensions are also free. I did pay a whopping 99 cents for a theme recently, and it's my favorite - Bible BlueFox. There's a new Bible BlueFox for Thunderbird that is free - so you can have a matching browser and email program.

I recently got the new Open Office 3.0, and it's wonderful. It also works with Firefox 3.03 great, so you have access to a complete and first-class office suite in Firefox now.

I'm playing with a few new extensions right now that look promising. I'll let everyone know what I find out. I'll just say for now that I can't imagine using anything except Firefox and Thunderbird. They share the same speed, security, and flexibility. Thunderbird also has a large number of themes and extensions available for it, so they are a power-packed duo together.

P.S. I'm also happy to report that all of my favorite extensions are backward compatible with previously saved information. This was especially nice for two of my favorites:  ScrapBook and Clippings. I had considerable information saved with both of them and had grown used to using them for Bible Verses, Bible Studies, and bits and pieces of information I want to study later.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 15:1-2 NASB  A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.  The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable, But the mouth of fools spouts folly.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the