Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286820 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  dollar no longer 'the standard world currency' ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: dollar no longer 'the standard world currency' ?  (Read 3518 times)
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2003, 06:08:22 AM »

I would not be too surprised when the dollar keeps sinking
like it has been plunging in 2003 that some people might
become irritated to pay for the USA internal deficit worldwide
and switch currency.

Anyone guess what the name of that currency might be ?
Starts with E and ends with uro Smiley

Barrel oil: 12 Euro
Ounce gold: 40 Euro
[etc]

Do we need to to get used/prepare for it ?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 06:09:41 AM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
The Crusader
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 06:12:35 AM »

I would not be too surprised when the dollar keeps sinking
like it has been plunging in 2003 that some people might
become irritated to pay for the USA internal deficit worldwide
and switch currency.

Anyone guess what the name of that currency might be ?
Starts with E and ends with uro Smiley

Barrel oil: 12 Euro
Ounce gold: 40 Euro
[etc]

Do we need to to get used/prepare for it ?

I would not use anything with Euro, it is the 666, but I dont have to worry about it the rapture will come first.

The Crusader
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 03:28:11 PM »

I refuse to guess....

But I would say it will the denarius.

In these last days, many americans are invvesting in the new Iraqui money, named the denaris.

I had someone call me who said, many were buying them up at a penny a piece; Did I want any??

A fellow purshased 1,000,000 denaris for a few thousand dollars.

I told him I wasn't interested...

But notice what scripture says;

Rev 6
6  And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a denarius, and three measures of barley for a denarius; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

I suspect this is why gullible americans are buying all these up.

What can you buy with a penny these days??

But in that day, one denari's will purchase about a quart of wheat.

So, perhaps they will be worth something in the future, but even then, it will be worthless in so much that it will not buy anyone peace and saftey.

Note, what Gods Word says;

Zeph 1
14  The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
15  That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
16  A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.
17  And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
18  Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

If anyone invest in anything let it be in time studying the Word of God, which is more precious than fine gold.

1 Tim 6:10
10  For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

It matters little what the value of money is, it is all a fantasy...

Blessings,
Petro
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 03:29:00 PM by Petro » Logged

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 12:45:33 PM »

It is a sign i beleive,If we look around us there are more signs of the end of times than anyone could imagine.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 05:20:54 PM »

Petro,

That is interesting.  I didn't know that Iraqi money was called denarius.   As for the Euro, the dolloar has been in steady decline, whereas the Euro is no longer just competing, but above the worth of it now.   I have always been suspicious about the EU concerning endtimes.  Now days, especially the connection they gives themselves with Europa and Zeus (Greek Mythology).  They go as far as mint some of their coins with these figures on them, there is even a statue of Europa riding the Bull (Zeus) outside the Council of Ministers office in Brussels Belgium.  The EU's official webstie is even named after this mythological figure Europa.  It may be nothing at all, but it is interesting that leading members of the EU use this type of imagery to associate with on their money and government.

In pagan Rome, a bull was killed for the baptism of blood at the Roman Taurobolium in honor of the deities such as Mithra. In a trench, the blood of the bull dripped over the initiate and drenched his body. He even drank the warm blood. Afterwards he came from this literally bloody baptism, believing that he was purified from sins and ‘born again for eternity’   How's that for contrast to the Blood Jesus shed for our sins that WE might be born again?

IF the EU turns out to be the great and terrible Beast (Kingdom) of Daniel, which I am inclined to believe at the moment, America must be diminished somehow for this to happen.   I would not be surprised one bit, if in the future, America considered a switch to the every increasing and popular Euro, in order to save our economy.  This may not happen, but it doesnt seem far fetched either.

As Jabez points out.  The signs we are seeing every day now in the news are incredible when compared to things written in scripture thousands of years ago.  The threat of terrors, constant talk about bringing peace to Israel, wars and rumors of wars, numerous earthquakes are even being reported in recent news, bold wickedness of man.   Regardless of headlines, no matter what happens, attention always returns to the issues of Peace in Israel.  No matter how hard they try to bring peace to this little nation or world, they wont.  There is only one who bring true peace, Jesus Christ.

My friends, I believe the time is very short before the Lord splits the eastern skies.   Be ready, watch and pray, let not the Lord catch you unaware, and come upon you like a thief in the night as he will the rest of the world.  We must be urgent in our work of spreading the Good news of Grace and mercy!   For many, time is running out.   Everyday brings us closer to the day of our gathering to him, and a time of woe never before seen on earth...including Noahs time!  Let us not be lazy, and sleeping in the hope of his return, but rather working diligently to share his good word with a those who might be saved.  The Gospel is the only thing that will save this old wretched world and men, and without us teaching it, it wont be heard.  Be Urgent in your sharing, for Jesus says, "when you see these things begin to come to pass, know that the time is short".   May God fill our hearts with this hope, and our labor in him with urgency.

Praise God!

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 05:21:40 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 10:42:36 PM »

Petro,
In pagan Rome, a bull was killed for the baptism of blood at the Roman Taurobolium in honor of the deities such as Mithra. In a trench, the blood of the bull dripped over the initiate and drenched his body. He even drank the warm blood. Afterwards he came from this literally bloody baptism, believing that he was purified from sins and ‘born again for eternity’  How's that for contrast to the Blood Jesus shed for our sins that WE might be born again?

Praise God!

Grace and Peace!

What or where is there info on this??

Blessings,

Petro

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 01:28:36 AM »

Petro,
In pagan Rome, a bull was killed for the baptism of blood at the Roman Taurobolium in honor of the deities such as Mithra. In a trench, the blood of the bull dripped over the initiate and drenched his body. He even drank the warm blood. Afterwards he came from this literally bloody baptism, believing that he was purified from sins and ‘born again for eternity’  How's that for contrast to the Blood Jesus shed for our sins that WE might be born again?

Praise God!

Grace and Peace!

What or where is there info on this??

Blessings,

Petro

I believe it comes from a history of Hellenistic Religions Petro.  If you do a word search on Roman Taurobolium, you will find a few web pages who make reference to this ritual, and attempt to tie it to the EU somehow.  While I can't seem to find a direct source to the writing, it apears to be authentic.   http://www.etsu.edu/cas/history/religionbib.htm#hellenistic shows
Duthoy, Robert. The Taurobolium: Its Evolution and Terminology, Etudes preliminiaries aux religions orientales dans l'empire roman, 10, Leiden, 1969  Appears to be a book on the topic.

Hope this helps.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the