Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:08:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Peter, the Rock, and the Keys
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Peter, the Rock, and the Keys  (Read 34811 times)
Lance

from Burnley, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2004, 04:09:12 PM »

Thanks for the "vote of confidence" in my gospel, michael_legna.  LOL

Just as a matter of interest, when I was first saved 27 years ago, our minister kept saying, "The gospel this .... and the gospel that .... " but never actually said what the gospel was.  This so intrigued me that I determined to sit down and try to write down what I thought the gospel was.  I expected to write down some rough notes which I could alter later on but the Holy Spirit must have got hold of my pen and guided it because, to this day, I have never had to alter a single word of it.  It can be found at : -
http://lance.christian.net/gospel.htm

See what you think.
God bless

AV Scriptures [if quoted] are courtesy of SwordSearcher. Click here for details.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2004, 04:13:04 PM »

Your description of your own church, I thought a little extreme since there are probably saved people in all churches.  I can think of a few in your own church but they are the exception rather than the rule.  My experience of Catholics has been so adverse that I no longer witness to them because of their violent reaction to the true gospel.  Equate that with, " My sheep hear my voice " and you will see that there is something dreadfully wrong.

I’ve been keeping quiet, but that just calls for a response. Lance, I know many, many, many Christians who react violently to Darwinism. I guess that means we are wrong, uh? I guess it was by chance, and not the will of God that the Universe was formed, uh?

Here is a thought, maybe it has nothing to do with what you say, and EVERYTHING to do with how you say it. Let me give you an example: I could say you are mislead, but your heart is in the right place. Or I could call you a troll. One show respect, the other tells it like it is. If you attack Catholics in real life the way you are attacking Catholicism on the net, then is it any wonder they get upset?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2004, 04:28:10 PM »

Just as a matter of interest, when I was first saved 27 years ago, our minister kept saying, "The gospel this .... and the gospel that .... " but never actually said what the gospel was.  This so intrigued me that I determined to sit down and try to write down what I thought the gospel was.  I expected to write down some rough notes which I could alter later on but the Holy Spirit must have got hold of my pen and guided it because, to this day, I have never had to alter a single word of it.  It can be found at : -
http://lance.christian.net/gospel.htm

See what you think.

I don't have a bit of problem with your summary of the Gospel as far as it goes.  I would ask you to copy and paste it into a text document and send it to me as a response to this post, but before you do take the following verses from scripture that relate to being saved and show me where they would fit within your outline of the Gospel.  I mean if your outline is accurate it should be easy.

Matthew 19:23, Mark 10:26, Luke 18:25, 1 Corinthians 13:13, Matthew 10:38, John 10:27-28, Hebrews 5:9, James 2:17, James 1:21-22, 2 Thessalonians 1:8, 1 Peter 4:17, Matthew 25:31-46, John 3:5, Matthew 7:21, 2 John 5-6, 1 John 4:7-21, John 14:15-24, John 15:9-10, 1 John 5:2-3, Matthew 19:16, Mark 10:17, Luke 10:25, Luke 18:18, James 2:22, 1 Corinthians 13:2, Col 1:24, James 5:20, Luke 13:3, Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19, John 6:54, 1 Corinthians 11:29, Romans 2:6-7, 1 Timothy 6:18-19, Philippians 2:12, 1 Tim 4:16

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
Lance

from Burnley, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2004, 05:21:09 PM »

Done !

AV Scriptures [if quoted] are courtesy of SwordSearcher. Click here for details.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2004, 07:08:51 PM »

Lance says:
since there are probably saved people in all churches

Bingo!  I agree Lance – which is why I do not get caught up in arguments that include the perceived need of spiritual judgment (or arguments that may result in name-calling).  I have a fairly large extended family.  My family is also fairly “religious”.  I have cousins who are Catholic, Methodist, Church of Christ, Presbyterian and Baptist.  I have spirit-filled cousins in each church, and I know they are saved and we will meet again in the next life.  When we have family reunions we are quite harmonious – due largely to mutual respect and love.  
While we may say "I disagree because I have been taught that..." we never say "You are wrong!".

Is it not possible for all parties concerned to simply say, " Let us go to God's word and see what He teaches?"
Then accept it as the final authority on the matter since it is from God.

Support your local Christian.
Lance

from Burnley, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2004, 02:03:12 AM »

from ollie
Is it not possible for all parties concerned to simply say, " Let us go to God's word and see what He teaches?"
Then accept it as the final authority on the matter since it is from God

WHY ?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2004, 07:54:39 AM »

from ollie

WHY ?

Oklahoma Howdy to Lance,

Because God's Word is ONLY authority in this discussion. It might also be an intelligent way for everyone to learn something in peace and respect for all involved.

In Christ,
Tom

Lance

from Burnley, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2004, 08:45:54 AM »

Well BEP, there is plenty of scripture in reply #47.  It took me the best part of an hour to look that lot up and reply (privately).

It would appear that some of you like the ginger in my posts.

God bless

Lance

from Burnley, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2004, 09:05:18 AM »

I've been keeping quiet, but that just calls for a response. Lance, I know many, many, many Christians who react violently to Darwinism. I guess that means we are wrong, uh? I guess it was by chance, and not the will of God that the Universe was formed, uh?

Here is a thought, maybe it has nothing to do with what you say, and EVERYTHING to do with how you say it. Let me give you an example: I could say you are mislead, but your heart is in the right place. Or I could call you a troll. One show respect, the other tells it like it is. If you attack Catholics in real life the way you are attacking Catholicism on the net, then is it any wonder they get upset?

I never react to Darwinism Tibby.  Not even Darwin believed his theory when he died but a lot of those who were anxious to put the boot into the church for supporting Creation, they used it as a weapon.  I put his theory in the same bracket as the phlogiston theory.  Eternity will show who was right; God or man.  Who do you think ?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 03:49:53 PM by Lance » Logged

michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2004, 12:20:21 PM »

Well BEP, there is plenty of scripture in reply #47.  It took me the best part of an hour to look that lot up and reply (privately).

It would appear that some of you like the ginger in my posts.

God bless

I think you are refering to my post #47.  I just wanted to let you know if you sent me a reply (privately) that I did not get it.  Probably a glitch somewhere, but I would like to see it if you have your reply done.

By the way I don't mind "ginger" in posts.  Be as bold and out there as you care to be - the only way you can offend me is to deny our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
Lance

from Burnley, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2004, 12:27:48 PM »

I will resend.  If you don't get it in an hour, let me know.

You might not mind ginger michael_legna but the moderator is giving off signals.  Smiley

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2004, 02:20:13 PM »

from ollie

WHY ?
Huh

Not sure why you ask "why" to having God's word as the final authority in any discusion of Godly things, rather than each one arguing his own opinions. God's word should be the finality of it all.

I agree with BEP.

Ollie
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 02:27:49 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2004, 04:02:57 PM »

I will resend.  If you don't get it in an hour, let me know.

You might not mind ginger michael_legna but the moderator is giving off signals.  Smiley

I got your reply but you misunderstood me.  I didn't mean for you to just cut and paste those verses at the bottom of the page, I could have done that.  

I wanted you to cut and paste them into your 9 points - to show how your 9 points, outlining the Gospel, account for or cover the ideas contained in each of those verses I suggested.

Thanks in advance for your efforts in this.

Lance

from Burnley, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2004, 04:35:06 PM »

Hi michael_legna,
Anybody who says Martin Luther was a heretic is a heretic.
[Re:To any "confused" posters
« Reply #14 on: Today at 06:53:46pm » ]
I grant you he got it wrong putting consubtantialism in place of transubstantiation [a halway house] but he generally got it right.  The only thing I never fully understood was why your church didn't burn him at the stake like they did to all the other "rebels" who broke away from your church.  I suppose it was that powerful prince who protected him.  Well zeal is one thing but murder is another.  I don't know why you come here pedling your Catholic doctrine.  You must know you will be opposed.  Perhaps it is to get some recogniition from the "holy father."

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2004, 04:42:59 PM »

Hi michael_legna,
Anybody who says Martin Luther was a heretic is a heretic.
[Re:To any "confused" posters
« Reply #14 on: Today at 06:53:46pm » ]
I grant you he got it wrong putting consubtantialism in place of transubstantiation [a halway house] but he generally got it right.  The only thing I never fully understood was why your church didn't burn him at the stake like they did to all the other "rebels" who broke away from your church.  I suppose it was that powerful prince who protected him.  Well zeal is one thing but murder is another.
You seem to be conveniently forgetting all the Catholics put to death by protestants.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the