Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Daily Inspirational...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Inspirational...  (Read 20047 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2004, 02:54:10 PM »

THE CONVERSION OF SAUL

Scripture Reading:  Acts 9:1-7

The one greatest event upon which all history revolves is the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus Christ.  The other event is the conversion of Saul of Tarsus.

Christ's crucifixion introduces the New  Cov-enant (though it is not mentioned hereafter until Paul), and nullifies that old Mosaic system (Hebrews 7:11-22) upon the basis of His shed blood at Calvary.  A significantly important transaction for Israel (Jeremiah 31:31-34).

While Saul's conversion sets that favored nation aside for its stubborn rejection of Christ's kingdom gospel (Matthew 10:7; 12:31, 32; 21:42, 43; Luke 12:32; 19:14; Acts 4:11, 12; 7:51-60) to usher in "the dispensation of the grace of God" (Ephesians 3:1-3).

"I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall?  God forbid:  but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy" (Romans 11:11).

"FOR I SPEAK TO YOU GENTILES, INAS-MUCH AS I AM THE APOSTLE OF THE
GENTILES, I MAGNIFY MINE OFFICE" (Romans 11:13).

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in" (Romans 11:25).

Throughout the Acts transition we find Paul, time and again, denouncing his own nation for their denunciation of the Lord Jesus Christ --- Acts 13:46; 18:6; 28:28.

Don't you see that instead of taking an  isolat-ed spot, as Acts 2:38, to begin something new, God began "the Mystery", all revolving around the conversion of Saul of Tarsus!

RUSSELL S. MILLER, Pastor
=================================
Should this devotional be a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or family member that would like to start receiving the daily word. You may forward this to them, by copy and paste method,  and they can use the below link to subscribe. We love to meet new people

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

E-Mail GracentheTruth@aol.com

2 Tim 2:15  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a  workman  that needeth  not  to  be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2004, 01:21:11 PM »

SAUL'S DISTINCTIVE COMMISSION

Scripture Reading:  Acts 9:15, 16

Our chapter opens with Saul "yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord..."  but near Damascus that was forever changed.  Not Peter nor any eager preacher of that time spoke to Saul.
It was the risen Lord Who shined and then spoke to Saul on the ground.  A blind, hum-ble, converted man was led into town.  After three days in darkness and hunger for Saul, the Lord readied another servant--Ananias.
Since Saul's reputation had preceded him, Ananias was scare stiff.  He gave the Lord several good reasons why he should not hazard a visit to Saul.  "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way; for he (Saul) is a chosen vessel unto Me, to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the
children of Israel."

Rather than being an extension of the so-called Great Commission, this was the opposite.  Gentiles---not Jews---were mention-ed first!  No wonder Paul later called himself "the apostle of the Gentiles."  The heretofore
favored first nation was mentioned last!  Israel was not first in this commission of  this new apostle of God's new message of grace!

Think how stunned poor Ananias must have been.  Did he hear the Lord correctly?  Did the Lord really mean what He said?  How could this be?  Would this one who had caused so much suffering now willingly suffer for the rejected Christ?  And would he really "suffer...great things" for the sake of Christ?  Paul's later recounting of this great event in his defense gave more of Ananias' words.  "For thou (Saul) shalt be His witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard..." (22:15).

Later, before Agrippa, Paul gave us even more of what the risen Lord had said to him.  Putting all the above together, how could we ever have missed the distinctiveness of Saul's commission?

IVAN L. BURGENER, Bible Teacher

Note: IVAN L. BURGENER, Is one of my favorite Bible Teacher
Should this devotional be a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or family member that would like to start receiving the daily word. You may forward this to them, by copy and paste method,  and they can use the below link to subscribe. We love to meet new people

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

2 Tim 2:15  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a  workman  that needeth  not  to  be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2004, 01:23:24 PM »

Unanswered prayers...
and the secret of contentment

Paul writes in Philippians 4:12-13"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

"How did he learn the secret of contentment? Of being content even when "hungry" or "in want"?  It went back a number of years to an experience that he tells about in 2 Corin-thians 12:7-8 when he had a need in his life. He pleaded with the Lord three times to remove that thorn in his flesh.And the Lord's answer was ... No! Instead of taking away Paul's problem, as Paul had prayed, the Lord said to him, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. "So Paul then says, "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9).

In the administration of God's grace that the Lord Jesus revealed to the Apostle Paul, He does not promise to fix all our problems. There is no promise like in the gospels where the Lord promised Israel that "whatever you ask in faith you shall receive. "Read through all of Paul's letters where he writes about the administration of God's grace that the Lord Jesus revealed to him for us today, and you never read a promise like 'whatever you ask in faith you'll receive.'

Here is the answer to the problem of unanswered prayers today. Claiming a promise that wasn't made to us. Today, under grace, we have the promise of "grace and power" (2 Corinthians 12:Cool sufficient for any problem in our lives, and the Lord Jesus wants us to learn this secret of contentment. Not that He will fix all our problems or "move all our mountains" out of our way, no matter how much faith we may have, but that He is our strength. "I can do everything through Christ who constantly strengthens me!"  Have you learned the secret?  Do you know God's Grace For Today?

Unknown Author

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2004, 12:52:53 PM »

Christ Is All
John Nelson Darby    (1800-1888)

Christ is the key to the puzzle of this world.May God give us to be anything or nothing, so that the Lord Jesus may be everything.The magnet always turns towards the pole; the needle always trembles a little when the storm and tempest roar, but its direction changes not; the needle of the Christian heart always points toward Christ.  The only thing which can be truly blessing to our brethren, so precious because they be-long to Him, is that which we reproduce of Him. . . .  If He is the life, all which that life does has Him for its end and object..
. .
Everything relates to Him: we do not eat without Him (how can we when He is our very life?), we do not drink without Him; what we say, what we do, is said and done in the name of the Lord Jesus. The most eminent Christian is one of whom no one has ever heard speak, some poor labourer or servant, whose all is Christ, and who does all for HIS eye, and His alone. Jesus is the fountain of all blessedness, sent to poor, weak, wretched sinners, that they may have abundance of comfort, of peace and of enjoyment.  

We must find everything but Christ nothing.  

No trial can touch a person who has Christ for his all. He may have lost this or lost that; but if he has Christ he has that which he cannot lose.  It is not the quantity we do that makes spirituality, but the measure of pre-senting Christ: that is the value of our service, in a world where there is nothing of God. It is not always in the correction of the failures which come before us that sources of unhappiness are heaped; they disappear when souls are nourished upon the riches which are in Christ. We must think of this; we must, while ourselves feeding upon Christ , and He gives us to feed on Him without stint , cause other to breathe a new atmosphere, where Christ is.  He has purchased a “peculiar people, zealous of good work.” He has brought you to Himself, to have your whole heart wrapped up in His interests, your thoughts, your actions, everything for Him. . . . Are we living enough out of the world (not merely out of its pleasures but its cares) and enough with Christ for Him to have a large place in the daily thoughts of our hearts? . . ., Have we the consciousness from the time we get up in the morning till we go to bed at night, that our hearts are with Christ, . . .  a consciousness that He is in us, and we identified with Him?

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2004, 01:11:21 PM »

ARE BELIEVERS ABOVE THE LAW?

Some people understand the grace principal to mean that living "under grace" we may do as we please, but grace is, by no means, a license to sin. However, it is argued that because the covenant of the law was made with Israel, Gentiles were not under the law, and Romans 3:19 is cited in support of this thinking:

"Now we know that what things soever the law saith, IT SAITH TO THEM WHO ARE UNDER THE LAW: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God."

The covenant of the law was, indeed, made with God’s chosen nation, Israel, and no such covenant was ever made with any other nation, but  that did not exclude Gentiles from God’s law. The law was given, we read, "THAT EVERY MOUTH MIGHT BE STOPPED, and all the world might become guilty before God" (Rom.3:19). So, Israel represented the
righteous and holy standards of the Law   of God in the world. And "when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto
themselves" (Rom.2:14). This bears witness that Gentiles had "the law  written in their hearts" (Rom.2:15). It is no wonder that we have such a lawless society today when believers feel themselves to be above the
law.

In this dispensation of grace it is blessedly true of us, that "sin shall not have domin-ion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" (Rom.6:14). "Free from the Law" does not mean that we are above the law, although we are to produce that fruit which is spiritual (Col.3:1-4), and heavenly (Eph.1:20,21; 2:6), in character. In so doing we shall, by His grace, accomplish what the law could never do.

Therefore as members of the Body of Christ the Apostle Paul exhorts us:

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh" (Gal.5:16).

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, good-ness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law" (Gal.5:22,23).

Pastor Russell Miller

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2004, 03:18:06 PM »

THE DEATH OF THE CROSS

There are four words which every one of us should consider in connection with Christ's death at Calvary if we would fully appreciate what our Savior did for us there.

CRUCIFIXION

It is doubtful whether man has ever con-ceived a more cruel and humiliating way to execute even the vilest criminals. The physical agony alone must have been horrible beyond comprehension. The criminal was nailed to a tree and left to hang there, writhing in the most intense pain until, fevers wracking his body, he died. And then think of the humiliation as he hung there, stripped and naked, to suffer shame and disgrace before the public gaze. Little wonder Phil. 2:8 says that Christ humbled Himself to be come obedient "unto death, even the death of the cross."

SUBSTITUTION

We have not even begun to understand the cross if we do not understand that Christ died there as our Substitute, paying for our sins.

"Christ died for our sins" (I Cor. 15:3). "His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree" (1 Pet. 2:24).

REPRESENTATION

But Christ was more than our Substitute; He was our voluntary Representative at Calvary. He had taken on Himself human form that He might represent man before God and die as Man for men.

"As it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment, so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many..." (Heb. 9:27-28).

"[He] was made...lower than the angels...that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Heb. 2:9).

IDENTIFICATION

It follows from this that if Christ represented me at Calvary, He became identified with me there, and I am identified with Him as I accept this by faith. Hence Paul exclaims:

"I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Gal. 2:20).

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2004, 09:47:36 PM »

STAND YOUR GROUND!

"The law is not of faith" (Galatians 3:12).

The law will break you; grace will make you!

"Nothing can be more sure than the steps of one guided by the Spirit of God and the Word of God, and yet nothing more complicated than to have to walk in 'separation' from all that exists around.  It is indeed difficult to have to wind one's way through things so perplexing and so complex as the religious systems of our own day.  We have to avoid on the one hand organizations formed in imitation of things past (Israel-law), and on the other systems more characterized by anticipation of things future (Kingdom-law).  We have to allow that such things were once given by God, and that they will yet again be introduced by Him;  while invariably contend- ing that they are positively opposed to His present working by the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven." ---J.L.H.

"With many Christians, it may be almost thought that the Lord Jesus was but the introduction to Moses.  That His death  pro-cured the payment of sin's debt, so that the debt being paid, the believer might be in a position to keep the law, and that, accord-ingly, the law, and not the 'Spirit of life in Christ Jesus,' might be the believer's rule of life."
---H.F.W.

"The walk of the believer should ever be the natural result of realized privilege, and not the constrained result of legal vows and resolutions---the proper fruit of a position known and enjoyed by faith, and not the result of one's own efforts to reach a position 'by works of law.'  ---C.H.M.

"For I, through the law, am dead to the law, that I might live unto God" (Galatians 2:19).

MILES J. STANFORD

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2004, 10:17:17 PM »

WONDER OF WEAKNESS

"He said to me, My strength is sufficient, for it is only by means of conscious weakness that perfect power is developed" (2 Cor. 12:9,
Wms.)

Our Father does not test our faith so much as He exercises and develops it.  In time, He makes us aware of our utter weakness; and in time, we trust and rest in His all sufficient strength.

"Until we are carried quite out of our depth, beyond all our own wisdom and resources, we are no more than beginners in the school of faith. Only as everything fails us and we fail ourselves, do we draw upon abiding strength.  'Blessed is the man whose strength is in Thee'; not partly in Thee and partly in himself.  The devil often makes men strong, strong in themselves to do evil --- great con-querors, great  acquirers  of  wealth  and power.  The Lord on the contrary makes His servant weak, puts him in circumstances that will show him his nothingness, that he may lean upon the strength that is unfailing.  It is a long lesson for most of us, but it cannot be passed over until deeply learned.  And God Himself thinks no trouble too great, no care too costly to teach us this."

"Faith counts on the Word of God outside and apart from everything and everyone here.  When you are in faith your life is centered in the Lord Jesus.  The moment the heart is detained by anything here, faith is obstructed.  The visible is antagonistic to the invisible.  If you walk  in the Spirit you will be sensible of this in a moment, the effects and influences of the visible are counter to the invisible.  Eve had lost faith when she saw that the tree was good for food, and pleasant to the eyes.  If she had kept faith --depen-dence upon God ---  she would not have looked; but she had parted with the faith which overcometh the world when she 'saw.'  The moment one becomes occupied with the visible one has parted company with faith" ---J.B.S.

"Since His power is so glorious, may you be strengthened with strength of every kind, and be prepared for cheerfully enduring all things with patience and longsuffering" (Colossians 1:11, Weymouth).

MILES J. STANFORD

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2004, 10:39:18 PM »

THE WORKS OF THE FLESH vs. THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT

Adultery heads the list of the works of the flesh in Galatians 5:19-21, with fornication and uncleanness following second and third in succession. There is a world of sinners out there, unrestrained with unbridled lusts, to which the Lord sends His ambassadors with "the message of reconciliation" (2 Cor.5:14-21).

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: Adultery, fornication, un-cleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witch-craft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like..."

It was adultery that ruined King David, for when it came time for the king to go to war, he was on his rooftop:

"And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king’s house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon" (2 Sam.11:2).

Did the Lord have this in mind when He said: "Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart" (Matt.5:28)? It is truly "from within, out of the heart of man, [that] proceed evil thoughts"; and "adulteries" are at the top of this list in Mark 7:21-23 also.

Again, in Romans Six, the Apostle Paul speaks of the works of the flesh as unfruitful and leading to death: "What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now asham-ed? for the end of those things is death" (Rom.6:21). In Colossians, we read that these works of the flesh originate from within, and pointing to the Christ of Calvary’s cross, Paul says: "And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, YET NOW HATH HE RECONCILED IN THE BODY OF HIS FLESH THROUGH DEATH, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in His sight" (Col.1:21,22).

Consequently, there is real "joy and peace in believing" (Rom.15:13) as God’s grace saves and transforms lives so that Christ may be seen, and not the works of the flesh.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance; against such there is no law" (Gal. 5:22,23).

It is only right that there are laws against the works of the flesh, but how could there be laws against the fruit of the Spirit? A striking contrast indeed!

Pastor Russell Miller

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2004, 10:52:42 PM »

ETERNAL LIFE, THE GIFT OF GOD

Suppose I knew of a financial benefactor who was giving away one million dollars to every one that personally contacted him. I told my parents about this, and they collected their million; my sisters collected theirs, after I told them of course; and my brothers-in-law all received their generous portions. Of course I told my wife, and every one in her family, about it. All our relatives, friends, and many, many strangers contacted this gracious bene-factor as per instructions, and received their million dollars.

But I never told you!

What would you think about my actions in this matter, if I had not told you about this wonderful gift? Would you not have a right to be very angry with me and wonder why you were left out?

Now please do not think that I am angry with any one, for such thinking could not be farther from the truth. No, not at all.

This is an illustration of what God seeks to convey to a lost and dying world. Only it’s not a mere million dollars, nor is it billions of dollars, that we are discussing here. It is a portrait of the love of Christ:

"But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Rom.5:Cool.

The Lord does not promise earthly wealth, but He has promised "eternal life" to all who will believe on His Son, worth more than all the money in all the world:

"FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH; BUT THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD" (Rom.6:23).

Yes, my dear friend, I trust that you also can now see how important, how really important, this gift is that God wants to give you!

The Apostle Peter describes the gift of God as more valuable than the precious metals that men covet after.

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, AS SILVER AND GOLD, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

"But with THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (IPet.1:18,19).

The Bible clearly teaches that we are all "sinners" (Rom.3:23), lost and dying, and in desperate need of the "Saviour" (Tit.1:4). Jesus Christ, of course, is our only Saviour. There is no other Saviour for mankind. If you miss Him, you will have missed everything! This is why  the Apostle Paul declared that salvation can only be obtained by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
"Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph.2:8,9).

"Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but BY HIS OWN BLOOD He entered in once into the Holy Place, HAVING OBTAINED ETERNAL REDEMPTION FOR US" (Heb.9:12).

This is also why the Apostle Paul exhorts us to trust Christ as our Saviour:

"BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED..." (Acts 16:31).

RUSSELL S. MILLER

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2004, 01:27:16 PM »

WHAT ARE THE
SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS THAT WE HAVE IN CHRIST?

Members of the heavenly election are brought into this fellowship. The God and father of the Lord Jesus Christ is their God and Father. He invites them to enjoy His purposes concerning the glories of His Beloved Son; and in this Epistle He makes known  to the believer the highest (Eph) of these glories.

The Epistle Ephesians opens with God, His thoughts and purposes, and His activities in the election and the elevation to the highest glory of those whom He loved from before the foundation of the world.  Redemption is viewed from the divine stand-point, not from the human.

Everything here is divine "The will of God" vs1, "grace and peace from God v2, His will v5, His grace v7, His blood, His will v9 His pleasure v9, His purpose vll, His counsel v 11, His glory v 12, His calling v 18, His inheritance v 18, His power v 19, His right hand v 20.

From out of the darkness of this dungeon the Apostle looked into the heavenly place. They are mentioned five times in the Epistle. ( v3, 20, 2:6, 3:10,  6:12).   From the prison burst the trium-phant word "blessed" v 3  All is glory and victory, Believers are blessed; they are blessed with all blessings; the blessings are spiritual they belong to the heavenly places; and they are secured in Christ.  Seven of these blessings are detailed.
V4, chosen, V5 predestined; v 6 accepted; v 7 redeemed; v9 instructed; v13 sealed v 14 enriched.

The Church is a company of sons v 5 engraced in the Beloved One v 6, God embraces them as sons, because they are in His dearly Beloved son. v 7 procured them redemption, and the measure of the forgiveness they enjoy i the measure of the unsearchable riches of His Grace.   God is the Author and Christ is the object of these glories.   He planned to surround His Beloved Son with sons Who He could fully love and delight in.

In verse 4 His purpose as God is seen; in verse 5 His activity as Father. which he called us sons    (Greek... huiothesia) called sons, all believers are His sons, and called saints,

Will be continued for a list of the 100 gifts which are ours at the very time He saves us in Christ.

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2004, 03:50:14 PM »

One Hundred  Things That Are Free To Us  By  Christ

We sailed some challenging waters last year, didn't we? We wish we could assure you the circumstances before you are not as daunting as the ones that are behind you. But while we can't do that, we can tell you that your Heavenly Fathe promises to meet all of your needs. And we can assure you, that He can be tursted.

We encouage you to live your life with gusto in 2004. It is far too easy to become bogged down with details in our lifestyle that won't even matter a year from now, le alone eternity.

It is our prayer for each of you in 2004 as it begins, you will find yourself encouraged with the realization that the new year offers you the opportunity for a fresh start. To help you in this, we have carefully chosen to bring to you these last two devotions, "WHAT ARE THE SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS THAT WE HAVE IN CHRIST? and the one today.  We understand that the one today is longer than the usual one's, however, we all need the meat of the Word of God to obtain the peace of God in all situations, and it will be done only as we know the Word of God.

As you read the Scriptures ponder them, weigh them, and chew the Word of God over like eating you food. We have purposely left some Scripture for you to look up.  May you be richly and blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ as you faithfully study these Scriptures.

1.ACCEPTED ---------------- Eph 1:6  To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

2. ALIVE WITH CHRIST-------- Col 2:13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

3.ASCENDED---------------Eph 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

4. ADOPTED -----------------Gal 4:5  To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

5 AMBASSADORS ----------------2 Cor 5:20  Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

6.ACCESS -------------- Eph 2:18  For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. & ROMANS 5-2 .

7. ALL THINGS --------------- I TIM. 6:17
8. ANOINTED US --------------- 2Cor 1:21  Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;

9.APPREHENDED ---------------- PHIL. 3:12
10. APPOINTED------------------I THESS. 3:3
11. ATONEMENT --------------Rom 5:11  And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

12. AUTHORITY ----------------- TITUS 2:15
13. ASSURANCE ---------------- I THESS. 1:5
14. ABUNDANCE OF GRACE --------- ROMANS 5:17
15. BAPTIZED ---------------- Cor 12:13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

16, BLESSED ------------------- Eph 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

17. BURIED -------------------Col 2:12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead

18. BELOVED -------------------- ROMANS 1:7
19. BUILDED TOGETHER ------------ Eph 2:22  In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

20. CALLED -----------------Rom 8:30  Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

21. CHOSEN ---------------- Eph 1:4  According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

22. CIRCUMCISION --------------Col 2:11  In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

23. COMPLETE ----------------- Col 2:10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

24. CONFORMED --------------Rom 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

25. CRUCIFIED ------------------ Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

26. COVERED ------------------- ROMANS 4:7
27. CONFIRMED ----------------------I COR. 1:7,8
28. CLEANSED -------------------Eph 5:26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

29. CREATED -------------------------Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

30. CONQUERORS -----------------Rom 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

31. CROWNED -------------------2 TIM. 4:8
32. DAUGHTERS -----------------2, COR. 6:8
33. DECLARED ---------------------2. COR. 3:3
34, DELIVERED ----------------2 COR. 1: 10
35.ELECT OF GOD ----------------  Col 3:12  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering &   Titus 1:1

36. ENRICHED -----------------I COR. 1: 5
37. ESTEEMED ------------Phil 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

38. ETERNAL ----------------TITUS 1:2 -15
39. FAMILY-------------------EPH. 3.
40. FELLOWHEIRS -------------Eph 3:6  That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

41. FELLOWCITIZENS -----------Eph 2:19  Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

42. FELLOWLABOURERS ------------ PHIL. 4-13
43. FELLOWSERVANT --------------- COL. 4:7
44 FELLOWSOLDIERS ----------------PHIL. 2:25
45. FORGIVEN ------------------ Col 2:13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

46. FREEMAN ------------------ I COR. 7:22
47. FURNISHED -----------------2 TIM. 3:17
48. GLORIFIED --------------- ROMANS 8:30
49. HABITATION --------------- EPH. 2:22
50. HEIRS --------------- ------- Rom 8:17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2004, 03:52:06 PM »

One Hundred  Things That Are Free To Us  By  Christ

Part 2 of 2

51. HOLY------------------- Col. 3:12 52.     Col 3:12  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
52. HUSBANDRY---------------1 Cor 3:9
53. INDWELL ----------------Romans 8:1
54. INHERITANCE--------------Eph 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

55. INSTRUCTED-----------------Phil.4:12
56. INTERCESSION---------------Romans 8:26,34
57.FITLY JOINED TOGETHER--------------Eph 4:16  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

58. JUSTIFIED------------ROMANS 3:24
59. KNOWN OF GOD------------ Gal 4:9  But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

60. LOVED------------ EPH 2:4
61. MADE MEET------------- Col 1:12  Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

62. MEMBERS---------------EPH 4:25-5:30
63.MESSENGERS --------------2 COR 8:23
64. MIGHTY-----------2 COR 10:4/COL 1:29
65. MINISTERS------------- 2 COR3: 16, 6:4
66. NEW CREATURES------------- 2 Cor 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

67. PARTAKERS----------- EPH 3:16/1 TIM 6:2
68. PEACE--------- ROMANS 5:1
69. PLANTED TOGETHER---------ROMANS 6:5/EPH 3:20
70. POWER WORKING IN US-------------- Eph 1:19  And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

71. PREDESTINATED--------- Eph 1:5  Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,  &  Eph 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

72. PREPARED UNTO GLORY------------- ROMANS 9:23
73. PRESERVED------------2 TIM, 4:18
74. PURCHASED POSSESSION------------ Eph 1:14  Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

75. "QUICKENED--------------Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;

76. "RAISED---------------Eph 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

77. RECONCILED -----------ROMANS 5: 10
78. REDEEMED ------------Gal 3:13  Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

79. REGENERATION------------ TITUS 3:5
80. RENEWED------------ 2 COR. 4:16
81. RESURRECTED ---------ROMANS 6:5
82. RICH---------- 2 COR. 6:10,8:9
83. RIGHEOUSNESS OF CHRIST -------1 Cor 1:30  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:  &  2 Cor 5:21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. & Rom 5:19.,

84. RISEN---------- Col 2:12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.  & Col 3:1  If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

85. ROOTED------------   Eph 3:17  That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, & Col 2:7  Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

86. SAINT---------- ROMANS 1:7/1 COR. 1:2
87. SANCTIFIED---------- I COR. 6.: 11
88. SAVED----------- ----------Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: & 10/1 & 1 Tim 1:9
89. SEALED------------- I COR, 1:22 &  Eph 1:13  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,      

90. SEATED---------- Eph 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

91. SOLDIERS -------------2 TIM. 2:3,4
92. SONS-------------- ROMANS 8: 14
93. STEWARDS---------- COR. 4:1
94. TRANSLATED ----------Col 1:13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

95. TRIUMPH ----------2 COR 2:14
96. VICTORIOUS---------- I COR. 15:57
97. VOCATION ---------Eph 4:1  I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation(calling) wherewith ye are called,

98. WASHED-----------I COR. 6:11
99. HAVE WISDOM -----------I COR. 1:30
100. HIS WORKMANSHIP -------------Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

HOW MANY MORE CAN YOU FIND?

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2004, 04:07:49 PM »

THE FLOOD OF NOAH’S DAY

During Noah’s flood the canopy of Genesis 1:6 that "divided the waters from the waters" converged with "the fountains of the great deep" to become one gigantic ocean (Gen.-7:11-16). And God’s judgment upon the wickedness of man "flooded" this globe.

"And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground...and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark" (Gen.7:23).

Genesis 9:9-17 speaks about a coven-ant that God made with Noah. In short, the "rainbow" is God’s "token of [that] covenant" (9:13) with mankind, that He will never again destroy the earth by a flood. God’s faithfulness to His Word here, has been wondrously demonstrat- ed for over 4,000 years. "I DO SET MY BOW IN THE CLOUD, AND IT SHALL BE FOR A TOKEN OF A COVENANT BE-TWEEN ME AND THE EARTH. ...AND THE WATERS SHALL NO MORE BE-COME A FLOOD TO DESTROY ALL FLESH" (Gen.9:13,15).

Indeed God has also been faithful to  His covenant of "day" and "night" (Jer. 33:20,21) since the beginning of time, that’s 6,000 years!

Though God shall never again destroy the earth with "water", the Apostle Peter declares that after the 1,000 year reign of Christ, earth and space shall be purified with "fire" from all that with which man has polluted it (IIPet.3:10-12).

Nevertheless before Prophecy is resumed and "that great and terrible Day of the Lord comes" (Joel 2:11,31; Acts 2:20; Rev.19:11-16) the armies of Heaven shall invade the earth.

"HE THAT SITTETH IN THE HEAVENS SHALL LAUGH: THE LORD SHALL HAVE THEM IN DERISION. THEN SHALL HE SPEAK UNTO THEM IN HIS WRATH, AND VEX THEM IN HIS SORE DISPLEAS-URE" (Psa.2:4,5).

Much as He did in the land of Egypt when Pharaoh would not let His people go (Ex.5:1-4:31). Are you ready for this "Coming" of the Lord Jesus Christ? Probably not, who would be!

But God has some "good news" for you; before His wrath is poured out upon this Christ rejecting world, He shall "catch" us away to Heaven (IThes.4:13-18).

First, my friend, God wants to save you from your sin, if you will only believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

BY RUSSELL S. MILLER

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2004, 04:36:37 PM »

CROSS PURPOSES

"The Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and guard you from evil" (2 Thess 3:3,R.V.)

When once we see and accept His purpose for our lives to the extent that it becomes our will also, the details of His process cease to matter. "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him" (Job 13:15).

"The one purpose our Father has in view, in all His ways, is to conform us to the image of His Son.  This may explain our perplexities as to the past; it will govern our behavior in the present; it is to be our guide in the future.  The chief concern of our Lord is not to instruct us about a multitude of details, not to explain to us the reason for the trials which we are called to pass through.  He is working out everything to serve His one supreme aim in manifesting the character of His Son in His saints." ---H.F.

"The God given experiences of the Spirit's working within many a time passes away, and leaves the believer apparently dull and dead.  This is only until the double lesson has been fully learned: (1) that a living faith can rejoice in the Living God even when all feeling and experience appear to contradict the truth (Romans 8:28,29); and (2) that the Divine
life only predominates as the life of the old man is held in the place of death, inoperative (Romans 6:11a).  The life of the Lord Jesus is revealed as His death works in us (2 Cor. 4:11, 12), and as in weakness and nothing-ness we look to Him (2 Cor. 3:18)." ---A.M.

"While our Father is dealing with someone in discipline, when He is applying the Cross in a life, he careful knows you sympathize with him. You may be taking sides with him against God.  By such sympathy, you may,
indeed, draw him away from the work of the Cross."

"For we who live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh" (2 Corinthians 4:11).

MILES J. STANFORD

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the