Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christian?? - Saved??
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Is the person a Christian and Saved?
Yes - 8 (100%)
No (Explain) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christian?? - Saved??  (Read 14511 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2003, 05:10:21 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

There are a ton of labels people keep tacking onto themselves and others. If a person sincerely made the following statement, would they be a Christian and Saved?

I believe in One God, Almighty God, the creator of all life and everything that is seen or unseen in all existence.

I believe that Almighty God is a Holy Trinity, yet one God: (1) God, the Father, (2) God, the Son (Jesus Christ), and (3) God, the Holy Spirit.

I believe that all men sin, possess no righteousness of their own, fall far short of acceptance by Almighty God, can do no work or deed to make themselves acceptable to God, and are doomed to the curse of sin and death unless a Saviour intervenes on their behalf.

I believe that Almighty God sent his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to be born of a virgin, take the form of a man, and live a Holy life without sin. I believe that Jesus Christ was convicted and sentenced to death for sins He did not commit. In fact, I believe that Jesus Christ was crucified and suffered agony and death for our sins and in our place.

I believe that Jesus Christ died, was buried, arose from the dead on the third day, and ascended back into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father as the Lord and Saviour of all who will believe in Him, confess their sins, request forgiveness for their sins, and ask Him to come into their heart as their personal Lord and Saviour. I believe that Jesus Christ is the only perfect sacrifice for my sins, that His blood washes away my sins, and Jesus Christ is the only Gift I can accept for eternal Salvation. I believe the Gift of Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour demonstrates the matchless Grace and Love of Almighty God. I could never pay for or earn this precious Gift from Almighty God, so all Glory, Honor, and Thanks will be to Almighty God through my precious Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Yes, I do believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, very God, and I believe that he died on the cross for my sins. I believe that Jesus Christ arose from the dead on the third day and is the ONLY Living Lord and Saviour of man. I know that I am nothing but a worthless sinner, but Jesus Christ loves me, gave himself for me, and suffered agony and death in my place. The conviction, sentence,  and punishment were mine, but Jesus Christ paid it all for me.  I have confessed my sins to Jesus Christ and prayed that Jesus Christ would forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I asked Jesus Christ to come into my heart as my personal Lord and Saviour.

I believe that Almighty God sent His Holy Spirit to baptize and cleanse my soul of all unrighteousness, live in my heart forever, and place His Seal on my heart that sets me apart as a child of God forever. My sins have been forgiven, and the blood of Jesus Christ makes me acceptable to Almighty God. I am worthy and acceptable ONLY in Jesus Christ because it is HIS righteousness, not mine, that makes me worthy and acceptable.  Now I belong to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour. He lives in me and I live in HIM forever. I belong to an Eternal Church not made with human hands, the Church which is The Body of Christ. Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable Gift, Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour, my Salvation! To God be All Glory forever.  AMEN!

Nothing added or taken away - Is this person a Christian and Saved? If no, please explain why not.

Love In Christ,
Tom
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 01:49:20 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 05:33:38 AM »

The answer is YES!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

Brother, this is my last day on this forum, I will miss you.

Grace & Peace

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 06:12:58 AM »

The answer is YES!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

Grace & Peace

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Love,

I will pray that God richly blesses you and your family wherever you go and whatever you do. I pray that God will give you many opportunities to light a path for the lost to Christ. Grace, Peace, Love, and Joy to you Brother.

Brother, I will miss you too.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 06:17:34 AM »

The answer is YES!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

Grace & Peace

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Love,

I will pray that God richly blesses you and your family wherever you go and whatever you do. I pray that God will give you many opportunities to light a path for the lost to Christ. Grace, Peace, Love, and Joy to you Brother.

Brother, I will miss you too.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks Bro

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 07:07:51 AM »

I would have to answer this way Tom: there are two types of Christians; those who are saved and are called Christians, and those who call themselves christian but are lost.  Defined the way you have so eloquently, and truthfully stated, I would agree.  Yes they are.  Such a believer will stand out, and will be noted as a Christian.  Nice to read such beliefs brother!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 07:48:06 AM »

YES! And that was beautiful, BEP!  Cheesy

Brother Love, Why?  Embarrassed

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 09:43:40 AM »

Yes, there are "PROFESSORS" and the real deal. There are tares that have been some among the wheat. There are those who give many indications of salvation but are as lost as a goose in a hurricane(some are in the puilpits).

It will take the angels at the end of the age to properly separate them.

aw
avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 10:41:22 AM »

First of all, no one has any right to judge another's "salvation" or not.  This is the sin of presumption for which all of you will answer for.

I never agreed with this and avoided at all costs judging someone else's salvation, even when I was a baptist, when someone would tell me, "well pray for him, he's not saved" or "praise God, this person just got saved"!

NO ONE KNOWS THE HEART OF A MAN except God Almighty.  You should NEVER judge another's man heart!!

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 11:03:25 AM »

First of all, no one has any right to judge another's "salvation" or not.  This is the sin of presumption for which all of you will answer for.

I never agreed with this and avoided at all costs judging someone else's salvation, even when I was a baptist, when someone would tell me, "well pray for him, he's not saved" or "praise God, this person just got saved"!

NO ONE KNOWS THE HEART OF A MAN except God Almighty.  You should NEVER judge another's man heart!!

Jesus commands His people;

Take heed that no man deceive you.

The men who decieve are the goats, these are those who preach another gospel, aw refers to these.

Anyone who preaches another gospel, is typified as a goat, the sheep know who the goats are.

It is clear the goats don't know they are goats and presume they are sheep.

Such it is, in order to obey the command, one must judge who is and who is not of God, in order to keep from being deceived.

And you are absolutely correct; all who presume to know God are guilty of sin.

This is the sin of presumption for which all of you will answer for.[/b]

Do you preach another gospel??

Blessings,

Petro
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 11:10:59 AM by Petro » Logged

avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 11:12:50 AM »

St. Matthew 7:1-6

1 Judge not, that you may not be judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why seest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye; and seest not the beam that is in thy own eye? 4 Or how sayest thou to thy brother: Let me cast the mote out of thy eye; and behold a beam is in thy own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye. 6 Give not that which is holy to dogs; neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turning upon you, they tear you.

DOES THIS NOT SAY IT ALL FRIENDS?

Do not put yourselves in a position to judge another man's HEART or salvation.

If you have the Holy SPirit residing in you, He will keep you from being deceived!!!  It is not up to you to determine who is and who is not!  THIS IS PRESUMPTION and THIS IS SINFUL!

DEFINITION OF PRESUMPTION:
 Definition:   [n]  a kind of discourtesy in the form of an act of presuming; "his presumption was intolerable"
[n]  audacious (even arrogant) behavior that you have no right to; "he despised them for their presumptuousness"
[n]  (law) an inference of the truth of a fact from other facts proved or admitted or judicially noticed [n]  
an assumption that is taken for granted  

Synonyms:   assumption, effrontery, given, precondition, presumptuousness

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2003, 11:14:30 AM »

BEP,  Yes.

Blessings,

Petro

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2003, 11:17:55 AM »

St. Matthew 7:1-6

1 Judge not, that you may not be judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why seest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye; and seest not the beam that is in thy own eye? 4 Or how sayest thou to thy brother: Let me cast the mote out of thy eye; and behold a beam is in thy own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye. 6 Give not that which is holy to dogs; neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turning upon you, they tear you.

DOES THIS NOT SAY IT ALL FRIENDS?

Do not put yourselves in a position to judge another man's HEART or salvation.

If you have the Holy SPirit residing in you, He will keep you from being deceived!!!  It is not up to you to determine who is and who is not!  THIS IS PRESUMPTION and THIS IS SINFUL!

DEFINITION OF PRESUMPTION:
 Definition:   [n]  a kind of discourtesy in the form of an act of presuming; "his presumption was intolerable"
[n]  audacious (even arrogant) behavior that you have no right to; "he despised them for their presumptuousness"
[n]  (law) an inference of the truth of a fact from other facts proved or admitted or judicially noticed [n]  
an assumption that is taken for granted  

Synonyms:   assumption, effrontery, given, precondition, presumptuousness

avem,

If you have the Holy SPirit residing in you, He will keep you from being deceived!!!

Any one who has the Holy Spirit is Spiritual..

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. (1 Cor 2:15)

Blessings,

Petro
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 11:20:48 AM by Petro » Logged

avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2003, 11:39:28 AM »

yet he himself is judged of no man

Do you agree (yes or no) that you cannot judge another man's heart?  Do you agree you cannot say "this man is saved, yet this man is not."?  DO you agree that it is not up to MAN to say whether a person is saved or not?

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2003, 12:12:28 PM »

avem,

Here is what I believe;

Mat 7
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

But you don't have to believe me, these are Jesus Words.

Is it right or wrong to pray to someone other that God, or bow to images and statutes.

This is the inquity spoken of at vs 23.

Praying the rosary is it what gets repetitous prayer answered?? according to Mat 6:6-8?, or is it vain.?? according to Jesus.

What and How one worships, and the theology one esposues, is what reveals the heart, there is no need for anyone to go any further.. when sees a goat from a distance, there is no question one is looking at a goat, one may not be able to discern who is a goat, but when one hears their gospel espoused by goats, it leaves no doubt what they are..

If you possess the spirit of God, what causes you to worship at the alter you do these things at.??

Don't answer these equestion to me, ask and answers them yourself.

Blessings,

Petro
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 10:13:05 PM by Petro » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2003, 01:43:54 PM »

I would have to answer this way Tom: there are two types of Christians; those who are saved and are called Christians, and those who call themselves christian but are lost.  Defined the way you have so eloquently, and truthfully stated, I would agree.  Yes they are.  Such a believer will stand out, and will be noted as a Christian.  Nice to read such beliefs brother!

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Allinall,

Thanks Brother. I thought I would post a description instead of mentioning one or more of the thousands of denominational tags and labels of men. I left out the church I belong to and may go back and add it. Yes, these are my beliefs. I belong to a church not made with human hands, the Church which is the Body of Christ. The little brick and mortar building I attend is nothing but a place of worship and fellowship with other Children of God. All in the Body of Christ are saved, but only some of the people who attend the brick and mortar building are saved.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the