Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:44:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  IRAQ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IRAQ  (Read 3863 times)
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2003, 12:29:04 AM »

Which questions would that be?

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2003, 12:35:49 AM »

With respect, it is not helpful to put down what someone says without countering with a constructive comment.

Eg.  do you have an explanation for the incedible life spans of those pre-flood people?  

If you believe in a one week creation then where do the dinosaurs fit in.  As they did not exist before the creation.

charlie,

Lets take it from the top.

The truth of the matter is, the earth was created in one day.

The entire creation was spoken into existence in six days.........God rested on the seventh day..

Now ask, the question?? concerning dinosaurs.

It is important to note;

Since there was no death, prior to the fall of man, all of the animals ate grass, and vegetation, they also lived long lives.

Petro

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2003, 07:06:26 AM »

LOL

& the wicked witch of the west lived in a gingerbread house

Cooking in God's oven at umpteen degree's for an eternity!
 Grin

Grace and Peace!

PS sorry, couldn't resist.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 07:07:09 AM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
charlie

Yes2Truth

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2003, 01:49:05 PM »

ebia,

These questions,

"With respect, it is not helpful to put down what someone says without countering with a constructive comment.

Eg.  do you have an explanation for the incedible life spans of those pre-flood people?  

If you believe in a one week creation then where do the dinosaurs fit in.  As they did not exist before the creation."

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2003, 03:40:00 PM »

How very confusing these replies are?

awww  Cry

Is it possible for clarification of just what it is you believe?
You should have a pretty good idea from our discussions on the recently deleted forum.
Thats right! Memories are so short these days.

Anyway I posted that more for Charlie's benefit as he may not know and your replies to him seem to be nothing of substance and confusing and you do not carry on the discussion by answering his questions to you. All this makes for an uninteresting thread.

Support your local Christian.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2003, 03:43:57 PM »

The people are mythical.

Mind you, even if they were not a water canopy would not explain a massively increased lifespan.

If you believe in a one week creation then where do the dinosaurs fit in.
I don't.   And dinosaurs came and went long before man came on the scene.

charlie

Yes2Truth

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2003, 05:03:17 PM »

ebbia,

Thank you for your reply.
Justanotherfollowe

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2003, 06:43:57 PM »

Lol Just a small joke about the dinasore's, what if God created them first as an experament? Seeing that they were not good he started over? And just because the Bible doesn't say that there were no dinasore's does not mean that they weren't there. Grin
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2003, 07:30:41 PM »

The people are mythical.

Mind you, even if they were not a water canopy would not explain a massively increased lifespan.

If you believe in a one week creation then where do the dinosaurs fit in.
I don't.   And dinosaurs came and went long before man came on the scene.
ebia.
My thanks, also.

Ollie
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 07:31:31 PM by ollie » Logged

msmjm54

Jesus Is Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2003, 09:53:22 PM »

Just my belief, but I dont believe that dinosaurs ever existed.  

Why?

I believe it is part of man's and the devils way of fooling everyone to believe a lie.  To explain how all the world came into being (the big bang theory, that man came from a micro-organism from the sea and developed into an ape that eventually developed into man the way he is today.  God is perfect, He doesnt make mistakes, and to say He just used dinosaurs as an experiment then wiped them out, thats like saying He didnt know what He was doing.

Gen 1:12 "....And God saw that it was good."

Gen 1:24 "Then God said, 'Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind'; and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good."

Gen 2:19 "Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name."

Also, the time of Noah, thats why two of every living creature was taken into the ark.  Male and female to re-populate the living creatures after the flood.  

JESUS IS LORD!

Prov 3:5,6
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding...In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."
charlie

Yes2Truth

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2003, 09:53:40 PM »

Re ebbia

Er.. I thanked him/her for the reply but that doesn't mean I agreed with what he/she said.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2003, 12:31:25 AM »

Um, so where do you think all the skeletons of dinosaur's in museums etc across the world came from?

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2003, 06:21:33 PM »

Um, so where do you think all the skeletons of dinosaur's in museums etc across the world came from?
LOL!
The hardware store's plaster of paris bin, mixed, shaped, and mated up to a few found bones.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 06:27:20 PM by ollie » Logged

charlie

Yes2Truth

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2003, 09:15:42 PM »

In the beginning the earth was empty and void some translate this as chaos and confusion.  I don't think it realy matters.  

The Creation took place approx 6,000 years ago.  Adam & Eve were placed in the garden of Eden and God created the animals and all creatures to be there in the garden with them.
This included dinosaurs and probably 1,000's of other species which along with the dinosaurs died out, mostly after the flood.

As I have said earlier the pre-flood world was very different from our world today.  I tried to explain about the water barrier in the atmosphere (only to be mocked) that protected mankind from the sun.  Today we only have a depleted ozone layer to protect us and any medical scientist will tell you that it is the sun's rays that age us prematurely.  Hence pre-flood people lived to 700, 800 even 900+ years of age.

The water barrier was held in the sky until the time of the flood when it fell from the sky for the first time.  The rainbow was a sign to Noah that the Lord would never bring another total flood to earth.  This must mean there was no rain before the flood (rain plus sunshine = rainbow) and the earth was irrigated by springs and under ground acquifers.  If you read the account of the flood these springs and acquifers also contributed to the flood.

The molten core of our earth suggests it is a very young planet not billions of years old,  because of its fluid state it would be easy for God to divide the earth as stated in Genesis 10:25  Do we have a powerful God or not?  Do you believe His word or don't you?  The word of God is not a written buffet where you can go round and pick this bit and reject that bit because you don't like it nor understand it.

The Bible refers to creature called the Leviathan, a huge creature.  I'll leave you to work that out for yourselves.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2003, 09:35:33 PM »

In the beginning the earth was empty and void some translate this as chaos and confusion.  I don't think it realy matters.  
It matters quite a lot.  Either God made everything out of nothing, or he formed everything from an existing chaos.  The distinction says a heck of a lot about God.

As I have said earlier the pre-flood world was very different from our world today.  I tried to explain about the water barrier in the atmosphere (only to be mocked) that protected mankind from the sun.  Today we only have a depleted ozone layer to protect us and any medical scientist will tell you that it is the sun's rays that age us prematurely.  Hence pre-flood people lived to 700, 800 even 900+ years of age.
UV light makes a small difference, but not to anything like that extent or Eskimos would live virtually forever, and Australian's would be toast.

The water barrier was held in the sky until the time of the flood when it fell from the sky for the first time.  The rainbow was a sign to Noah that the Lord would never bring another total flood to earth.  This must mean there was no rain before the flood (rain plus sunshine = rainbow) and the earth was irrigated by springs and under ground acquifers.  If you read the account of the flood these springs and acquifers also contributed to the flood.

The molten core of our earth suggests it is a very young planet not billions of years old,  

Maybe to someone with no understanding of geology.

because of its fluid state it would be easy for God to divide the earth as stated in Genesis 10:25  Do we have a powerful God or not?  

An all powerful God doesn't need things to be easy. I certainly believe God is capable of creating everything instantanously, but He's given us heaps of evidence of how He actually did it over billions of years.

Do you believe His word or don't you?  The word of God is not a written buffet where you can go round and pick this bit and reject that bit because you don't like it nor understand it.

I'm not rejecting any of it.  I believe you are completely missing the point of the creation story, which is meant to tell us about God, ourselves and our relationship to Him.  Not to be a factual account of the mechanics of it all.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the