Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:45:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Religious tolerance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Religious tolerance  (Read 13156 times)
avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2003, 10:06:05 PM »

You 'speak' with much pride and authority on your own forum. Is there anything that you've said there that you don't believe or that you're ashamed of?

Oh really?  Pride huh?  Ashamed of?  No way!  Just curious of your reasons behind doing what you did, although I suspect I know...

It was driven out of love for the Christians on this board who may have felt that you had stumbled in here quite by accident.

Why would anyone think that?  I never said that was the case.  In fact, I was never asked.  I have been popping in and out of here for a while.  And yeah, right, did it out of love for the others on here.  Who do you think you are kidding?

I said nothing in that quote that is anything different than what I have been saying here.  So again, what is your intent?  TO try to discredit another person to make yourself look better.  That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

PS - the "board" I was speaking of was not this board, whether that will have any merit or not or whether you care to believe me or not.  Doesn't really matter.

I have strong convictions in what I believe as some of you have strong convictions in what you believe.  Some of you have gone as far as calling me and all other Roman Catholics the "anti-christ" and we have been called a "cult" and many other nasty things.  So what of it?

Again, I have nothing to hide.  My beliefs I wear on my sleeve.  You can cruise my message board all you want.  Doesn't prove I have been "deceptive" on this board one bit.  But, then again, many of your arguments fall flat so this isn't any different!

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2003, 04:41:10 AM »

I have been popping in and out of here for a while.

Name:  avemaria
Position:  Jr. Member
Date Registered:  October 31, 2003, 08:18:11 PM
Roll Eyes

Some of you have gone as far as calling me and all other Roman Catholics the "anti-christ" and we have been called a "cult" and many other nasty things.

Hmmmm.... wasn't me so that was a pointless statement, unless you're looking for sympathy.

So again, what is your intent?  TO try to discredit another person to make yourself look better.

Since I haven't been involved in any debate/discussion with you less the ONE post I made to in response to your 'Hail Mary' stuff then it wouldn't be to make myself look better.  Wink

Again, I have nothing to hide.  My beliefs I wear on my sleeve.  You can cruise my message board all you want.  Doesn't prove I have been "deceptive" on this board one bit.

ROFL! But you've temporarily cleared your board and we can't 'see' your 'sleeve'..... But I've no doubt you've saved it and will re-post it later. So we can save those links just in case. Smiley

But, then again, many of your arguments fall flat so this isn't any different!

Now that IS amazing since I haven't argued' with you.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2003, 12:11:33 PM »

Hey, Mr. Center-of-the-Universe, maybe you are not the only person meant to see this topic! Wink Maybe Ave we talking to all the anti-Catholics. Hey, just a thought.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
The Crusader
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2003, 06:26:38 AM »

Religious tolerance  

The following question was sent to me on December 18, 2003, My answer will follow.

Question: Personally I think you should mind your own business about everyone's personal beliefs on religion. I think it is disgusting how you can even waste your time thinking of new ways to criticize a person's religion.

My Answer: I assume that you cherish religious tolerance and that you believe that every person should be allowed to practice his religion according to his own conscience without being coerced or forced to change his convictions. I believe that too.

It seems to me that you take the religious tolerance principle too far. You probably feel that every person should 'mind his own business' because it does not really matter what a person believes as long as he is sincere. You would probably accept a Moslem, a Hindu, a Protestant and a Roman Catholic and consider their respective religions as valid even though there is total disagreement between them. You sacrifice truth on the altar of subjectivity.

Even so, you are inconsistent with your own principles. Why do you intrude in my personal beliefs and religion? Since you are tolerant of other people's religious convictions, why don't you respect my convictions too? - my conviction that there is such a thing as truth and falsehood. I'm certain that there is a right way to life and another way that leads to destruction. Being sure of this, I would be cruel and callous if I don't warn those who are walking along the wrong path. Jesus warned the people about false doctrines and false teachers. So did the apostles. So did Christians throughout the centuries. And so, by the grace of God, I shall continue to do.

I know you cannot tolerate this intolerance on my part! But please note that you don't tolerate me because you feel that what I'm doing is wrong. I don't tolerate the errors of Catholicism which keeps millions of people from the salvation that is in Christ. Surely you don't blame me for that!

Good answer Ambassador, I agree.

The Crusader
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the