Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:24:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Religious tolerance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Religious tolerance  (Read 13180 times)
avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2003, 04:14:40 PM »

Basicly, I think you need to relax. There are issue that are more important then when and how we fast. Relax, take a breath, and smile. People think Catholics arn't Christians, and you are getting upset over people who joke about diet?

Tibby - I understand your need to get them to "accept" you as a brother in Christ....I - as I explained earlier - do not particularly feel the need to "fit in" with non-Catholics.

First off, fasting and abstaining from meat on Fridays is not a "diet".   IT's a practice of the Church and has always been.

Second, Your style isn't my style.  Perhaps I don't want to "join in the fun" when the fun is at our Lord's expense.

Not upset, just neutral.  I am a teacher and educator by nature and our biggest obsticle as Catholic CHristians is to show non-Catholics what we believe and why we believe it.

I was a Fundie for over ten years, so sorry - had my fill of sarcasm at Catholic's expense - at Our Lord's expense and at Our Lady and the Saint's expense.

All is good friend.  All is good.   Grin

PS - not everyone who comes on this board finds people like A4C funny and representative of what a "born again" christian is...Trust me on that one Wink

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2003, 04:36:36 PM »

Basicly, I think you need to relax. There are issue that are more important then when and how we fast. Relax, take a breath, and smile. People think Catholics arn't Christians, and you are getting upset over people who joke about diet?

Tibby - I understand your need to get them to "accept" you as a brother in Christ....I - as I explained earlier - do not particularly feel the need to "fit in" with non-Catholics.

First off, fasting and abstaining from meat on Fridays is not a "diet".   IT's a practice of the Church and has always been.

Second, Your style isn't my style.  Perhaps I don't want to "join in the fun" when the fun is at our Lord's expense.

Not upset, just neutral.  I am a teacher and educator by nature and our biggest obsticle as Catholic CHristians is to show non-Catholics what we believe and why we believe it.

I was a Fundie for over ten years, so sorry - had my fill of sarcasm at Catholic's expense - at Our Lord's expense and at Our Lady and the Saint's expense.

All is good friend.  All is good.   Grin

PS - not everyone who comes on this board finds people like A4C funny and representative of what a "born again" christian is...Trust me on that one Wink

I am starting to cry Cry

<Wink))>< Your fish for next friday  Grin

Hail Mary Grin
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 09:12:57 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2003, 08:12:48 PM »

How many times need I tell you that I don't like fish, but cool drawing!! LOL

Meatless pasta will do for me or a cheese pizza!

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2003, 08:30:35 PM »

It isn't an issue of "fitting in." It is a thing of picking your battles. If I wanted to "fit in" I would join the local fundie church and spend my spare time hating other chirstians. I don't wish to "fit in" I just do not see this as an issue to battle about, when there are much greater things to talk about.

What is a diet? And eating Pattern. A fast is an eating pattern, and one that is a part of the Catholics normal eating pattern.

P.S. No one finds A4C funny Wink Grin We just try to make him feal good.  Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2003, 09:20:25 PM »

It isn't an issue of "fitting in." It is a thing of picking your battles. If I wanted to "fit in" I would join the local fundie church and spend my spare time hating other chirstians. I don't wish to "fit in" I just do not see this as an issue to battle about, when there are much greater things to talk about.

What is a diet? And eating Pattern. A fast is an eating pattern, and one that is a part of the Catholics normal eating pattern.

P.S. No one finds A4C funny Wink Grin We just try to make him feal good.  Grin

DITTO Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2003, 12:46:59 PM »

Tibby - What is a diet? And eating Pattern. A fast is an eating pattern, and one that is a part of the Catholics normal eating pattern.

Have you ever researched the "why" in Friday Fasting?  Perhaps you ought to.  It's nowhere near a "diet" or an "eating pattern".  

You must be post Vatican II.  LOL LOL Wink  Grin

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2003, 02:46:20 PM »

lol, actually, I am post V II Grin I’m VERY strongly in support of it. Someone had to fix the work of the cranky old men at Trent Wink Grin

I do respect and understand the Roman Tradition and the history behind the Friday fast.

What I meant by diet, I didn't mean A die,t like the Atken's diet or the Sout hBeach diet. Whe nI said diet, I was referring the what your eating habits. For example, cave men lived on a diet of T-Rex meat and berries. College students live on a diet of pizza, beer, and coffee ( Grin ). I wasn't referring to diet as in a way to lose weight, I was referring to it was your food intake.

avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2003, 02:59:24 PM »

----->lol, actually, I am post V II  I’m VERY strongly in support of it. Someone had to fix the work of the cranky old men at Trent

Thought as much. Tongue

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2003, 03:12:43 PM »

Don't tell me you're a Traditionalist... Wink Had a good ol' Latin mass to day, did ya? Grin Tongue
« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 03:15:32 PM by Tibby » Logged

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2003, 06:55:36 PM »

----->lol, actually, I am post V II  I’m VERY strongly in support of it. Someone had to fix the work of the cranky old men at Trent

Thought as much. Tongue

LOL Hail Mary Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2003, 05:36:35 AM »

Religious tolerance  

The following question was sent to me on December 18, 2003, My answer will follow.

Question: Personally I think you should mind your own business about everyone's personal beliefs on religion. I think it is disgusting how you can even waste your time thinking of new ways to criticize a person's religion.

My Answer: I assume that you cherish religious tolerance and that you believe that every person should be allowed to practice his religion according to his own conscience without being coerced or forced to change his convictions. I believe that too.

It seems to me that you take the religious tolerance principle too far. You probably feel that every person should 'mind his own business' because it does not really matter what a person believes as long as he is sincere. You would probably accept a Moslem, a Hindu, a Protestant and a Roman Catholic and consider their respective religions as valid even though there is total disagreement between them. You sacrifice truth on the altar of subjectivity.

Even so, you are inconsistent with your own principles. Why do you intrude in my personal beliefs and religion? Since you are tolerant of other people's religious convictions, why don't you respect my convictions too? - my conviction that there is such a thing as truth and falsehood. I'm certain that there is a right way to life and another way that leads to destruction. Being sure of this, I would be cruel and callous if I don't warn those who are walking along the wrong path. Jesus warned the people about false doctrines and false teachers. So did the apostles. So did Christians throughout the centuries. And so, by the grace of God, I shall continue to do.

I know you cannot tolerate this intolerance on my part! But please note that you don't tolerate me because you feel that what I'm doing is wrong. I don't tolerate the errors of Catholicism which keeps millions of people from the salvation that is in Christ. Surely you don't blame me for that!

Right On!!!!

Thanks Brother I needed that.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2003, 08:03:36 AM »

IT's a practice of the Church and has always been.

Roll Eyes If you're going to do it, shouldn't it be for 40 days?  Roll Eyes
"And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost, returned from the Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the desert, for the space of forty days; and was tempted by the devil.  And He ate nothing in those days; and when they were ended, He was hungry."  (Luke 4:1-2)

as I explained earlier - do not particularly feel the need to "fit in" with non-Catholics.

Apparently, you just feel the need to convert 'heretics' (non- Catholics) to your religion. Though why you think anyone would leave a relationship with Christ is beyond me.

avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2003, 10:32:59 AM »

Don't tell me you're a Traditionalist...  Had a good ol' Latin mass to day, did ya?

Why yes, of course I am.  I love the Traditional Latin Mass. Wink

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2003, 12:53:02 PM »

IT's a practice of the Church and has always been.

Roll Eyes If you're going to do it, shouldn't it be for 40 days?  Roll Eyes
"And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost, returned from the Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the desert, for the space of forty days; and was tempted by the devil.  And He ate nothing in those days; and when they were ended, He was hungry."  (Luke 4:1-2)

Yeah, it is called lent Wink Grin

as I explained earlier - do not particularly feel the need to "fit in" with non-Catholics.

Apparently, you just feel the need to convert 'heretics' (non- Catholics) to your religion. Though why you think anyone would leave a relationship with Christ is beyond me.

What!? What are you talking about?

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2003, 01:14:45 PM »

Yeah, it is called lent  Tongue

Goes right along with Mardi Gras... Grin

And He ate nothing in those days;

So shouldn't it be just the way Jesus did it? What did He eat? Did He give up just meat and have fish instead (or veggies)? Now come on, if you're gonna do it- do it right!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the