Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:26:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Religious tolerance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Religious tolerance  (Read 13121 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: December 19, 2003, 01:05:15 PM »

Religious tolerance  

The following question was sent to me on December 18, 2003, My answer will follow.

Question: Personally I think you should mind your own business about everyone's personal beliefs on religion. I think it is disgusting how you can even waste your time thinking of new ways to criticize a person's religion.

My Answer: I assume that you cherish religious tolerance and that you believe that every person should be allowed to practice his religion according to his own conscience without being coerced or forced to change his convictions. I believe that too.

It seems to me that you take the religious tolerance principle too far. You probably feel that every person should 'mind his own business' because it does not really matter what a person believes as long as he is sincere. You would probably accept a Moslem, a Hindu, a Protestant and a Roman Catholic and consider their respective religions as valid even though there is total disagreement between them. You sacrifice truth on the altar of subjectivity.

Even so, you are inconsistent with your own principles. Why do you intrude in my personal beliefs and religion? Since you are tolerant of other people's religious convictions, why don't you respect my convictions too? - my conviction that there is such a thing as truth and falsehood. I'm certain that there is a right way to life and another way that leads to destruction. Being sure of this, I would be cruel and callous if I don't warn those who are walking along the wrong path. Jesus warned the people about false doctrines and false teachers. So did the apostles. So did Christians throughout the centuries. And so, by the grace of God, I shall continue to do.

I know you cannot tolerate this intolerance on my part! But please note that you don't tolerate me because you feel that what I'm doing is wrong. I don't tolerate the errors of Catholicism which keeps millions of people from the salvation that is in Christ. Surely you don't blame me for that!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 03:47:36 PM »

Seeing as the following message we sent to you, why can't you just send it back? Is there a reason why you have to post it for all the world to see? Wink

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 03:59:58 PM »

Seeing as the following message we sent to you, why can't you just send it back? Is there a reason why you have to post it for all the world to see? Wink

I did, and I posted it here. Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 04:04:37 PM »

lol now you're just egging him on, again Grin

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 04:06:15 PM »

lol now you're just egging him on, again Grin

Have I told you today, I Love You Bro Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 04:10:57 PM »

hahaha, I love you to man Grin Wink

avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 04:24:29 PM »

Well it wasn't me who sent it to you, but for ONCE - I must (dare I say it???) AGREE with A4C!

Although - we agree from two different poles of the earth LOL!

You are right in saying this, "my conviction that there is such a thing as truth and falsehood. I'm certain that there is a right way to life and another way that leads to destruction. Being sure of this, I would be cruel and callous if I don't warn those who are walking along the wrong path. Jesus warned the people about false doctrines and false teachers. So did the apostles. So did Christians throughout the centuries. And so, by the grace of God, I shall continue to do."  I also echo your sentiments, but - as you know - I am coming from a different belief system than you.

As a Traditional Roman Catholic, I can honestly say that I don't buy into the whole "religious tolerance" either.  Yes, one must respect another person but one does not need to respect another's beliefs especially if those beliefs will lead them down the wide road to eternal hell fire and in this I mean we do not have to say, "Well leave him to his beliefs because he is happy where he is."  We have a responsibility as Christians to correct and lead and help others KNOW Christ - the RIGHT WAY!

A4C - you are right in that we do have a responsibility to humbly lead others to Christ and that's where the key lies - in humility - not out of pride, which leads the soul to destruction.

PS - I do, however, disagree with the way you handled this person's question to you.  You could have shown a little more tact.  If the person was PM'ing you, then perhaps you should have kept the exchange between you and he/she instead of humiliating the person in "public".  You showed a lack of christian charity in the way you went about this.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 04:38:21 PM by avemaria » Logged

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2003, 05:10:12 PM »

All my money was on you Ave. Well, now I really wonder...

Anyways, who ever it was, thanks.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2003, 07:29:58 PM »

ITS FRIDAY Grin  ALL GOOD ROMAN catholics EAT FISH <;>>><

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2003, 07:41:39 PM »

Whaaaat its Friday already??

Bring on the Steak and potatoes.....mmmmmhhh, smothered in onions and garlic, a ittle garlic taost, well done..

Oh man....................

Petro

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2003, 01:55:03 AM »

It's ok, I had Subways. Grin

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2003, 10:01:13 AM »

Whaaaat its Friday already??

Bring on the Steak and potatoes.....mmmmmhhh, smothered in onions and garlic, a ittle garlic taost, well done..

Oh man....................

Petro

Bad catholic Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2003, 10:01:59 AM »

It's ok, I had Subways. Grin

Really a BAD catholic Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2003, 12:51:27 PM »

If I might interject your joking and irreverance towards Catholic Christians and their practice of fasting and abstaining from meat on Friday.  There are others who read these posts other than the two or three of you who want to act like you are 15 years old and bully those different from you and those people may be interested in the reasons why we abstain.

"And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost, returned from the Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the desert, for the space of forty days; and was tempted by the devil.  And He ate nothing in those days; and when they were ended, He was hungry."  (Luke 4:1-2)

Friday itself remains a special day of penitential observance throughout the year, a time when those who seek perfection will be mindful of their personal sins and the sins of mankind which they are called upon to help expiate in union with Christ Crucified;

Friday should be in each week something of what Lent is in the entire year. For this reason we urge all to prepare for that weekly Easter that comes with each Sunday be freely making of every Friday a day of self-denial and mortification in prayerful remembrance of the passion of Jesus Christ;

We shall thus freely and out of love for Christ Crucified show our solidarity with the generations of believers to whom this practice frequently became, especially in times of persecution and of great poverty, no mean evidence of fidelity in Christ and his Church.

We shall thus also remind ourselves that as Christians, although immersed in the world and sharing its life, we must preserve a saving and necessary difference from the spirit of the world. Our deliberate, personal abstinence from meat, more especially because no longer required by law, will be an outward sign of inward spiritual values that we cherish.

I expect some of you to continue your freshman-like joking and sacrilige and that's ok because I know others on here do have an interest.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2003, 03:21:29 PM »

Ave, some things are just not worth getting offended over. This is one of them. Might as well join in the fun, no need to start a war on all fronts.

Basicly, I think you need to relax. There are issue that are more important then when and how we fast. Relax, take a breath, and smile. People think Catholics arn't Christians, and you are getting upset over people who joke about diet?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the