Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:59:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  PROPHECY - SIGNS - NICE BIBLE STUDY!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PROPHECY - SIGNS - NICE BIBLE STUDY!  (Read 99882 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2008, 02:51:14 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
Another Gospel
by A. Edwin Wilson

Sixth, the offer of the kingdom to Israel on such basis was withdrawn at the time of Acts 28:28: "Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it."

Seventh, with the setting aside of Israel as a nation, God began to take out of the Gentiles a people for His Name (see Acts 15:13-18 ).

Eighth, the offer of the kingdom and the preaching again of the gospel of the kingdom with its accompanying signs, wonders and miracles cannot take place until the fulfillment of Romans 11:25; that is, it cannot take place until the rapture of the saints, after which the gospel of the kingdom will again be preached.

The preaching of the gospel of the kingdom has nothing whatever to do with the preaching of the gospel of the grace of God. And the confusion of these two gospels - with many earnest, honest, sincere Christians in this dispensation of grace trying to re-establish and perform again the signs, wonders and miracles which belong only to the preaching of the gospel of the kingdom - has made shipwreck of the faith of many Christians. The FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLE OF THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM IS THE AUTHORITY AND POWER OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

2. The gospel of the grace of God: In Acts 20:24, the Apostle Paul tells us that he testified the gospel of the grace of God. This good news is stated succinctly in I Corinthians 15:3, 4: "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; And that he was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures." This is the good news of salvation by grace. See Ephesians 2:8-10. Since Christ has already died for our sins, neither repentance nor baptism constitutes a part of this gospel, though they have their places after one has been saved. The sin question has forever been settled; it is the Son question which now remains.

In John 3:18, we learn that no one goes to hell because of his sin, neither is anyone saved because of repentance and baptism. The only reason anyone is saved is because he has received the good news that Christ has died for his sins; that is, he has believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. The only reason one goes to hell is because he has not believed the good news of the grace of God; that is, he has not believed on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. In this connection, we do well to remember that the Gospel of John was written to tell individuals how to be saved (John 20:30,31), and not one time do the words repent or repentance occur in this Gospel.

The most amazing thing in this enlightened Christian era of Bible study and teaching is that so few Christians have any concept of the grace of God or of salvation by grace. No signs, wonders or miracles are associated with the gospel of grace. They are not necessary. The Holy Spirit of God takes the Word of God and bears it home to the heart of the individual, producing conviction of sin and revealing the sacrificial death of the Lord Jesus Christ. THE FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLE OF THE GOSPEL OF GRACE IS THE SALVATION OF THE LOST.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2008, 02:52:39 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
Another Gospel
by A. Edwin Wilson

3. Paul's gospel: In Romans 2:16; 16:25; II Timothy 2:8, we have expression of Paul's gospel. This is not another gospel but just a different aspect of the good news. In Paul's gospel, the emphasis is upon rewards for obedient saints who have been saved by the grace of God. In the prison epistles - Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, II Timothy - Paul emphasizes the fact that whereas we are saved by grace, all rewards are meritorious, that is, based upon works.

Paul's gospel is the great mystery which was revealed to him but which had been kept secret or hidden until that time. Many erroneously believe that the mystery which was revealed to Paul was the church. But the church came into existence sometime before Paul's salvation, and we have Paul himself stating that he persecuted the church before his salvation (Gal. 1:13). THE FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLE OF PAUL'S GOSPEL IS THAT IF A CHRISTIAN IS FAITHFUL, OBEDIENT AND SUFFERS WITH CHRIST, HE SHALL REIGN WITH CHRIST. OTHERWISE, SUCH A CHRISTIAN WILL STILL BE SAVED WITHOUT WORKS AND REWARDS, BUT AS THROUGH FIRE. See II Timothy 2:12; Romans 8:17; I Corinthians 3:14, 15.

4. The gospel of the glory of Jesus Christ: In II Corinthians 4:4, the King James translation, "the glorious gospel of Christ," should be translated "the gospel of the glory of Christ." THE FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLE OF THIS ASPECT OF THE GOSPEL IS THE GLORY OF CHRIST WHICH IS TO BE MANIFESTED TO THE WHOLE UNIVERSE WHEN CHRIST RETURNS AND ESTABLISHES HIS KINGDOM. The majority of Christians know of the humiliation and shame of the Lord but little, if anything, of His coming glory. The significance of the scene on the Mount of Transfiguration was to give unto Peter, James and John a preview and foretaste of that coming glory. We are to pray for His coming in power and glory. We are to love His coming in power and glory. We are to talk, teach and preach of His coming in power and glory. What shame and reproach are heaped upon the Lord by individuals who constantly state that they care not whether the Lord returns.

In I Timothy 1:11, attention once again is called to the gospel of the glory of the blessed God which gospel had also been committed to Paul. We need to remember constantly the two foci of the ellipse of our Lord's ministry, which are His first advent, culminating in the cross, and His second advent, culminating in the revelation of His glory. There is no understanding the person, life and work of the Lord Jesus Christ without an understanding of these two centers of His activity. The gospel of the grace of God centers around the first, which is the cross. The gospel of the glory of Christ centers around the second, which is the throne and crown.

5. The everlasting gospel: Revelation 14:6 tells of an angel flying in the midst of the heaven, preaching the everlasting gospel. (This is not a preacher in an airplane, flying to preach the gospel of grace.) In verse 7, we see that THE FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLE OF THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL IS THE SANCTIFICATION - GLORIFICATION - OF GOD BY AND IN HIS WHOLE CREATION. Since God spoke the universe into existence, man, with few exceptions, has denied the creative power of the Lord God. As the activity of this present heaven and earth draws to a close, an appointed angel flies through the heaven, preaching the everlasting gospel; that is, proclaiming the good news that, because of God's creation of the heavens, the earth, the sea and the fountains of waters, God - the Triune God - is to be worshiped.

There is but one gospel, but this one gospel has several facets or aspects. Each facet calls for the emphasis to be placed upon some particular aspect of the good news, and the aspect emphasized determines the title by which the gospel in that instance shall be labeled.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2008, 02:53:57 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
Disquieting And Disturbing
by A. Edwin Wilson

DISQUIETING AND DISTURBING

The Word of the Lord tells us that there are three things that disquiet the inhabitants of the earth and a fourth one which completely wrecks the household. In Proverbs 30:21-23, we read: "For three things the earth is disquieted, and for four which it cannot bear: For a servant when he reigneth; and a fool when he is filled with meat; For an odious women when she is married; and an handmaid that is heir to her mistress."

Once again, I call attention to the fact that this is the Word of the Lord and did not originate with man, but is completely overlooked and even denied in most Christian circles today.

1. The first thing which disquiets and disturbs the order as established by God since sin entered into the world is for a servant to become a ruler or for a servile nation to reach a place of authority and responsibility over non-servile nations. The reason is because persons of low birth are harder on the populace when opportunity presents itself than those born in high stations of life. One has said, "A servant ruling becomes the most insolent, imperious, cruel and tyrannical of all masters." Even though elevated to the position of ruler or equal to those born in high stations, the former servant or servile people cannot rise above servile habits. The world is being disquieted today as never before because of this very reason. The whole world trembles when one of the above mentioned comes into a place of freedom in action. The whole and complete arrangement of society as established by God is shattered. Such a one seeks to indemnify himself in his present highness for his former lowliness.

2. Equally disquieting is a fool who has all he can desire. Rolling in plenty, he despises the poor and needy and considers that his possessions entitle him to respect, though he has no virtues at all. Such a one becomes arrogant, troublesome and dangerous. Very few who suddenly come into riches prove to be a blessing to mankind.

3. The odious woman. Such a one described here is one who, because of provoking hatred and repugnance, is not fit company for society. At length this very unattractive and repulsive, witch-like individual enters into a state of matrimony but, being unamiable and vindictive, completely destroys peace and happiness for friends, becoming a most disquieting influence in the world.

4. A handmaid who supplants her mistress. This is one who comes into the home as a servant but stealthily wins the husband's affections, alienating his wife and children, and becomes mistress of the home herself, thereby causing utter ruin. These four disquieting influences described by the Lord God Himself can-not happen or come to pass except for the complete denial of the existence of God and an absolute disregard for His Word.

In conclusion, I want to say that, according to the Word of God, possibly the most disquieting influence in the world today is the aspiration of the servile people to leave the position in which God placed them and usurp that belonging to others.

The late Dr. Scofield used to say that when we are first converted we have to change from natural to spiritual, but after being saved a while, we need another conversion to become natural again - in a different sense of course. So many of us allow ourselves to become rather stilted and unnatural in our own desire to be spiritual, we lose that sweet, gracious warmth that should characterize us as Christian men and women.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2008, 02:55:17 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
No Room
by A. Edwin Wilson

NO ROOM

At the time of the birth of our Lord, there was no room for Him in the affairs of men. Neither is there room for the Lord today. Love for the Lord is displaced by the care of this world, the deceitfulness of riches and the pleasures of this life.

Prophecy - Signs
Babel
by A. Edwin Wilson

BABEL

Genesis 11:1-9; Daniel 3; Revelation 17. The above Scriptures tell of the tower of Babel, of the city of Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar and of the mystery of Babylon under the Antichrist, and in these three experiences are three attempts of Satan to establish a universal religion. The ecumenical councils of today are part of the plan of Satan to bring into existence the mystery of Babylon described in Revelation 17.

Satan has always inspired great towers - great buildings - great schemes. These appeal to and are ministered unto by the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life.

Satan delights in gathering great bodies, in forming great parties, in organizing great groups, in building vast temples and edifices, in establishing great institutions and in founding great denominational bodies. The key words in his plans and methods are organize and unite. He revels in compiling enormous figures and raising vast sums of money. Having done this, he then prevails upon mankind to fall down and worship all of these things and to say, "Is not this great Babylon which we have builded!"

This is the devil's idea of religion and his followers are legion. But God does not like it a bit and brought it to nought on the plains of Shinar, on the plains of Dura, and He shall bring it to nought when it is headed up in the great world church under the Anti-Christ. Our Lord said, "Where two or three are gathered together in My Name, there will I be also." Do not look for the Lord in the magnitude of man's elaborate schemes and buildings. Rather, listen for the still, small voice.

"It is not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the Lord."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2008, 02:56:44 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
The Books Of Heaven
by A. Edwin Wilson

THE BOOKS OF HEAVEN

The Word of the Lord mentions various and sundry books in relation to the names and lives of individuals both saved and lost. I want to list a number of these books with a few words about each:

1.THE BOOK OF OUR MEMBERS: "Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them" (Psalm 139:16).

This seems to be the same book mentioned in Exodus 32:32 and Revelation 20:15. The full description of this book in Psalms 139:11-16 reveals that this is a book in which the name of every individual conceived is written at the moment conception takes place. This is the book out of which many names are erased. I would judge the ones to be erased would be those reaching the age of accountability and living out their appointed days without accepting Christ as their Saviour. All infants dying before the age of accountability and all who mature physically but are mentally incapacitated are safe in that their names are not erased.

2. THE BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE or OF WORDS: "Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name " (Malachi 3:16).

This book contains the record of words that are spoken, which calls to mind Matthew 12:36: "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." It is also well to remember in connection with this book of words James 1:26 and 3:1-12. The importance of the tongue and giving expression to thoughts cannot be overestimated, and we should never forget that the book of remembrance is a record of our words.

3. THE BOOK OF DEEDS: "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works " (Revelation 20:12).

Herein we learn of a book which has all of the deeds of the lost. This being the judgment of the dead at the great white throne, the dead being those who are separated from God because of unbelief in the Lord Jesus Christ; the judgment is to determine the extent of their punishment in the lake of fire and brimstone. See Matthew 10:15 which reveals degrees in punishment. That there is a book of deeds for the saved is revealed in Revelation 3:5: "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."

This book out of which names of Christians are blotted is not that of eternal life, because those to whom the Lord gives eternal life shall never perish (John 10:28 ), but this is equivalent to the loss of garments (personal righteousness) in Revelation 16:15. It is also comparable to the loss of crowns, as set forth in Revelation 3:11. It is the same as forfeiting the privileges of birthright as did Reuben and Esau, though they did not forfeit their sonship.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2008, 02:58:25 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
The Books Of Heaven
by A. Edwin Wilson

4. THE BOOK OF TEARS: "Thou tellest my wanderings; put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book" (Psalm 56:8 )? The truth expressed here is that the tears of God's children are kept in remembrance before the Lord. They are caught and placed in a bottle, as well as recorded in a book - tears because of our sins, tears shed on behalf of loved ones who are lost, tears shed because of failure to understand and appropriate the promises of God, any and all tears shed because of our relationship to the Lord in any aspect whatsoever. No tear that is ever shed because of the Lord or our relation to Him is forgotten by the Lord.

5. THE BOOK OF CURSES: "Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll. And He said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits. Then said He unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for everyone that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and everyone that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it " (Zechariah 5:1-3).

The flying roll described herein is a scroll or a book in which is inscribed the curse that goes over the face of the whole earth, in particular the curse upon those who steal and those who swear. Two manifest and very common sins of today are those of theft and swearing. Theft reveals disregard for another's property; swearing reveals disregard for the honor and glory of the Lord. The nature of the curse is not revealed but it is sufficient to know that God has pronounced a particular curse upon those two gross sins so prevalent today.

6. THE BOOK OF FUTURE EVENTS: "And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof" (Revelation 5:1, 2)? This book of seven seals is the book containing the judgments and blessings of God which take place after the rapture. In fact, from chapter 6 onward we have the revealing of future events contained in this sealed book. This is called The Revelation, which means a showing forth, a making known, a causing to understand. So important is this book that God has promised particular blessings as set forth in the following verse: Revelation 1:3: "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." Should you desire a blessing from the Lord, read the book of Revelation.

7. THE LAMB'S BOOK OF LIFE: "And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship Him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world " (Revelation 13:8 ).

See also Revelation 21:27. First of all, I want to call your attention to the fact that the word name in Revelation 13:8 is singular and not plural, as the King James translation has it. This reveals unto us that there is individual action and judgment according to whether or not one's name is in the Lamb's book of life. Those who dwell upon the earth (an expression describing those who remain after the rapture and who are not of the elect, either Jew or Gentile) do not have their names written in the Lamb's book of life; therefore, they are lost. The very name itself reveals that this particular book of life contains the names of those who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world.

Hebrews 12:23 speaks of the "church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven," and I would judge that since they are in heaven the book in which their names are written is the Lamb's book of life.

The mention of books may call to your mind the old hymn we used to sing, "Is My Name Written There?" I know my name is written in the Lamb's book of life because I have personally received the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour. That is a book from which no names are ever erased, because salvation is by grace through faith and not conditioned by or upon anything that I might do.

There may be other books which are mentioned by the Lord in His Word, but these are the ones which I have in mind just now.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2008, 02:59:44 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
Philosophy And Science
by A. Edwin Wilson

PHILOSOPHY AND SCIENCE

Since two of the gods worshiped so devoutly today are Philosophy and Science, it seemed good to give a few words from the New Testament pertaining to these two subjects.

When the New Testament was written the world was divided into two great schools of thought, the Eastern and the Western. The Eastern was of Persian, Syrian, Chaldean and Egyptian origin and was called Science, which comes from the Latin word for knowledge. The Western school of thought was of Grecian and Roman origin and was called Philosophy, or love of wisdom.

Now let us see what the Bible says about each:

1. SCIENCE: "0 Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called " (I Timothy 6:20). Here we learn from the Spirit of God through Paul that Science opposes the truth of God and Christians are to avoid it as a major enemy of Christianity.

2. PHILOSOPHY: "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ " (Colossians 2:8 ). Here the Spirit of the Lord reveals that the basis of Philosophy is the traditions of man and it does not come from Christ. Therefore, since Philosophy is vain and deceitful, we are to beware of it since it spoils those who are in Christ.

How tragic that today with few exceptions modern education is based upon these two errors, Science and Philosophy, rather than upon the Word of God, which states, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of all wisdom."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2008, 03:01:04 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
The Kingdom Taken From Israel
by A. Edwin Wilson

THE KINGDOM TAKEN FROM ISRAEL

"Therefore, say I unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof "(Matthew 21:43).

Because of Israel's rejection of Jesus Christ as their Messiah, and because of their subsequent crucifixion of Him, God withdrew from the nation of Israel the offer of the kingdom of the heavens. This included, among other things, the right and privilege of ruling over the earth from the heavens with the Lord Jesus Christ, the King of kings and Lord of lords. The Lord then extended the offer of the kingdom rule to another nation which would, and if it would, bring forth the fruits thereof.

We give the following summary of such action as given in Matthew 21:33-46:

1. The nation of Israel had failed God as stewards of the mysteries of the kingdom of the heavens.

2. They slew the Son who was the Heir, with the intention of seizing the kingdom for themselves on their own conditions and not those of God.

3. The Jews were miserably destroyed in 70 A.D. by Titus and the Roman legions. Their city, Jerusalem, was burned with fire.

4. A new nation was to be appointed to be stewards of the kingdom of the heavens in the place of Israel.

5. The realization of that stewardship was to be on the condition of bearing fruit.

6. This new nation is described in I Pet. 2:9, 10. These people once were not a people of God, neither were they the recipients of God's grace. A good description of them is given in Ephesians 2:11-13.

7. Those who become prominent in the kingdom to rule and reign with the Lord are the ones who, in this age, bring forth fruit for the kingdom after they have been saved. To be saved is to be in the body of Christ. To bear fruit enables one to be taken "out of the body of Christ" and become a part of "the bride of Christ."

8. Notice a description of this new nation - THE TRUE CHURCH - in I Pet. 2:9,10:

(a) As being kin to Christ, they share His life as an elect race.

(b) As a royal priesthood, they are equipped for service to and for Christ.

(c) As a holy nation, the church reveals the kingdom of the heavens and rules with Christ in the day of His reign.

(d) As a people for God's possession, the church reveals that the victory is the Lord's.

All of the above depends entirely on the bearing of fruit for the kingdom, whereas eternal life is dependent only on the grace of God through faith. I judge, therefore, in the light of the above, that the true church is composed only of those Christians who bear fruit for our Lord, all other Christians remaining in the body of Christ.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2008, 03:02:31 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
Is God Real?
by A. Edwin Wilson

IS GOD REAL?

Many people are rebelling, and justly so, against the modern theology, "God is dead." Yet as I talk to so many fundamentalists and premillennialists, I find that while they say God is not dead, they do not believe He is real; that is, their concept of God the Father is that He is simply "a gaseous mass permeating the ether."

They seem to think it is heresy to speak of God having hands, eyes, ears, mouth, feet, heart. They even go so far as to say they do not believe He is seated on a throne or that He has a throne in the heavens. Then they end up by saying they do not believe that heaven is real, neither the tabernacle in heaven, the blueprint or pattern which was shown by God to Moses to be the model for the tabernacle in the wilderness.

I have also learned from many of them that none but the illiterate and woefully ignorant believe that God is a real Person with a real body. They quote a mistranslation from John 4:24, "God is a Spirit." But the literal translation is, "God is Spirit." They equate Spirit with phantom, not knowing that the terms spirit and body are compatible.

The same passage says that we must worship Him in spirit and we do that in our bodies. We don't have to leave our bodies, as a phantom or ghost, in order to worship God. I Corinthians 15:42-44 treats of a spiritual body, which simply means that our bodies, being flesh and bones even as was our Lord's resurrected body. will be animated by the Holy Spirit. I think that God being Spirit means that while He has a body, animation comes from the Holy Spirit.

I want to call your attention to a few passages of Scripture which tell us of God's body and what it is like. Genesis 1:26 tells us that man was created in the likeness of the image of God. An image always refers to a physical likeness visible to the eye. There was nothing wrong with man as created by God. In his physical body, he belonged to God's creation of which He said, "It was good."

In Philippians 2:5, 6, we learn that God has a form; and the word form means shape and structure which has an external appearance and is visible to the eye. Hebrews 1:3 speaks of Jesus being the express image of God's substance. Substance is composed of elements which are tangible, visible, and possess form. In John 14:8, 9, when Philip asks to see the Father, Jesus tells him that, ". . . he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father." That is, "As you look upon Me here in My physical body, you know exactly how the Father looks."

Those who deny the reality of God's person say that the simple-minded, in their attempt to describe God or picture God in their minds, ascribe to God human characteristics. But I cannot find anywhere in the Bible that the human characteristics, so-called, of God were given Him by man. On the contrary, it is the Holy Spirit who speaks of God's hands, feet, eyes, ears, mouth, throne, etc.

God's original purpose in the creation of man was to bring into existence one like unto Himself with whom He could have fellowship and one who would do His will. Had Adam and Eve eaten of the tree of life as commanded by God, rather than the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they would have been preserved or perpetuated in their literal bodies of blood, flesh and bones.

I think the desire to do away with the body of the Lord God Almighty is because of a false view that matter is evil. Such is not the case, for it was of matter that God said, "It was good." The deterioration of human bodies is the result of sin and not the cause of sin. I do not believe one can really understand the Word of God unless he knows that God, heaven, Christ, and the Holy Spirit are real.

When Moses desired to see the face of the Lord, God refused; but He did permit Moses to see His back parts after He had passed by (see Exodus 33:18-23). Also in Isaiah 6:1-7, we read about Isaiah seeing the Lord on His throne and God cleansing him of his iniquity, that he should not perish because of having seen the Lord. Since no man could see God and live, it required a special dispensation by God in the cleansing of Isaiah, that he die not because of having seen the Lord.

One question arises in the minds of many people: namely, if God is real and has substance, form and body, how can He be omnipresent? Answer: God is omnipresent in the Person of the Holy Spirit. See John 3:13. Here we have Jesus physically present on the earth but also present in heaven in the Spirit.

Personally, I am convinced beyond any shadow of a doubt that the reason the Spirit of God magnifies the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ in I Corinthians 15 as the great doctrine of Christianity is because His resurrection in a physical body establishes the fact that because He has a body, God also has a body and we, too, shall possess glorified bodies (but bodies nonetheless) throughout eternity. Selah.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2008, 03:03:57 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
Capital Punishment
by A. Edwin Wilson

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

Christianity, as a molder and determining factor in shaping the lives and thinking of the people with which it comes in contact, has fallen from the high pinnacle it once occupied. Originally, the Christian people based their deliberations and policies upon the WORD OF GOD. In the new mold, its convictions and principles are based on the philosophy of man rather than the Word of the Lord. The Christian church used to say, "Thus saith the Lord. . ." Today, it says, "Dr. So-and-So recommends. . ." For instance, God's Word says in Genesis 3:16 that man shall rule over the woman. Today, however, women occupy public office and in many instances exercise authority of rulership of the office over men. Again God's Word says in Genesis 9:25-27 concerning Ham and his descendants, that they are to be the servants of the other peoples of the earth. Today, the Christian church has committed itself to obliterating the distinction between these races and is seeking to establish a society based upon the philosophical heresy that men are created equal. It is interesting to note in this connection, however, that God never created but one man and he fell from the high estate in which he was created. Since then he has begotten sons and daughters in his fallen, sinful, iniquitous and degenerate likeness, and the only equality is that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Man is striving now to strike once again at the Word of the Lord and do away with the foundation stone of civil government. The campaign by church and state to eliminate capital punishment is just this. In Genesis 9:6, we read, "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made He man." Here we have the very basis of all civil government, which is divine in its origin because of this foundation.

Further recognition of this truth is expressed on other occasions in the Word of God. After the flood subsided, the Ark rested on Mount Ararat and man came forth to begin a new civilization. God laid down the fundamental principle of civil government - capital punishment of the murderer. The reason for the institution of this law is to be found in the verse quoted above where man slew another man. By so doing, he destroyed that which was originally made in God's image and likeness. Such flagrant disregard for God's image and likeness is punishable only by the execution of the murderer. It is erroneous to refer to the commandment of Exodus 20:13, "Thou shalt not kill." This commandment is not a repudiation of Genesis 9:6, but rather gives another basis for the assessment of the penalty against murder, that is, capital punishment. A man under no circumstances is to kill another man, but if he does, then by man (meaning society) shall the murderer be executed. God is not unmindful of extenuating circumstances and makes ample provision for what we call justifiable homicide.

In Numbers 35:30-34, we have a description as to how the execution of the murderer is to proceed. Notice in verse 30 that the murderer is to be put to death by the mouth of witnesses, that is, eye witnesses are called before the tribunal to give testimony as to how the crime was committed. The justice of God is also manifested as stated in this same verse: A person is not to be executed on the testimony of one witness alone. It must be by the testimony of two or more witnesses of the crime. At once, we see that the execution of the indicted murderer must not be on circumstantial evidence, and this eliminates the execution of one on the testimony of only one individual who could be a perjurer. In verse 31, the Lord further describes the procedure in the trial and specified that if a person has been adjudged guilty of murder in the first degree, he shall be executed. To give him life imprisonment, to assess a fine, or to combine the two, is not the penalty to be given a murderer in lieu of execution.

Unequivocally, God has decreed that the murderer (such status being determined by trial) shall be put to death. The reason for this is to be seen in verse 33.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2008, 03:05:07 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
Capital Punishment
by A. Edwin Wilson

The reasoning of man as he seeks to eliminate capital punishment proceeds from ignorance of the Word of the Lord. Man says that God is love and since He is love He will not cause man to be put to death. The fact of the matter is that because God is a God of love, He destroyed all flesh from the face of the earth, with the exception of those saved in the Ark which Noah built. On another occasion, He destroyed Pharaoh and all his hosts by drowning them in the Red Sea. Again, He caused 185,000 to be slain in one night, and He also caused 70,000 men to die by pestilence. Careful study of the Word of God will reveal the Old Testament truth that God Almighty Himself executed literally hundreds of thousands of men and women. All of this was necessitated by the entrance of sin into the world, and that sin still continues.

Capital punishment is not limited only to the Old Testament. Let us consider the New Testament. In Acts 5, Ananias and Sapphira were stricken down by God in the church service. Acts 12:23 records the account of God executing Herod. In Romans 13:1-7, there is the setup of civil government and all the ramifications of its administration according to the Word of the Lord. Read this passage carefully and follow along as it is commented upon: "LET EVERY SOUL BE SUBJECT UNTO THE HIGHER POWERS." The expression higher powers does not have to do with the heavens or so-called spiritual powers but rather with the higher power of government ranging from local government in the ward to the national administration in Washington, D.C. All power, civil and spiritual, is of God. There is no power but that which originated with God; therefore, to resist the power - to refuse to execute the lawfully judged murderer - is to resist the ordinance of God, and they that do so, shall resist to their own condemnation. Rulers and officers are ministers of the Lord. In distinguishing between the office and the personal life, or qualification of the officer, it is the uniform - his symbol of authority - that determines our respect.

In verse 4, of this particular passage of Scripture, we read that the officer does not bear the sword in vain. In modern vernacular, we would say that he does not carry that pistol for nothing. The custom of the law is that if an individual is slain while resisting arrest, there is no indictment of the arresting officer simply because of the authority of the office which he occupies. He is a minister of God for justice. We are admonished, therefore, by the Spirit of God through the Apostle Paul, to be subject to these governmental authorities for conscience's sake. We are exhorted by God to pay our taxes to support them. Anyone refusing to do so is violating the laws of God. Civil government is of divine origin, and the foundation stone of civil government is capital punishment. Where there is no capital punishment, or where the law is disregarded concerning this punishment, there is a breakdown of civil government.

God makes clear in His Word that there is ample provision for justifiable homicide. Referring again to Numbers 35:16-23, the Lord distinguishes between murder with malice aforethought, and accidental murder. Ample provision is made for the freeing of one who accidentally or unintentionally and without malice or enmity, murders an individual.

If ever there was a need for a return to the Word of God and for a stand to be taken on its principles, today is the day. But churches, Christian leaders and Christian organizations all combine to do away with the WORD OF GOD and are seeking to establish civilization on the wisdom of man, which is foolishness in the sight of God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2008, 03:06:57 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
The Bride Of Christ
by A. Edwin Wilson

THE BRIDE OF CHRIST

Possibly no area of Bible truth is so neglected as the doctrine pertaining to the church. It has been my delight for several years to study, pray and meditate upon various passages of Scripture touching upon church truth.

I have come to some very definite conclusions in regard to the church and am listing below some of these without any discussion. The primary purpose of this is to stimulate thought on the part of you, the reader:

1. The church is composed of a certain specific number of chosen ones, neither Jew nor Gentile, but Christian.

2. This group is taken out of the great body of New Testament saints and is very small in number compared to the total number of Christians.

3. Those making up the church, having already been saved by grace, are chosen on the basis of their works, obedience, faithfulness, perseverance and conformity to the likeness of Christ.

4. This group will be sovereigns in the coming kingdom of our Lord, rather than subjects. As the queen consort, they will rule and reign with Christ.

5. This group will have qualified by overcoming, according to Revelation, chapters 2 and 3.

6. This group will have won one or more of the proffered crowns and thereby qualified themselves to rule and reign. No crown, no rule.

7. This group will have prepared and kept their wedding garments, thereby appearing in His presence clothed as the bride.

8. The Body of Christ is one thing - the bride, which is the church, is something else.

9. One must be very careful to distinguish between grace and works, as well as between salvation and rewards.

10. One can be saved without any good works (I Corinthians 3:15).

11. One must possess good works in order to receive rewards (I Corinthians 3:14).

12. One cannot be a member of the true church unless a member of A church.

13. Membership in the church is not the same as being saved. There are many saved who do not belong to any church.

14. Exclusion from a local church involves exclusion also from the true church (Matthew 16:19; John 20-23).

15. Many are called (saved), but few are called out (chosen to rule and reign). Many are saved, but few of the saved make up the church.

16. There are many vessels in the GREAT HOUSE, some to honor (to rule and reign), others to dishonor (subjects in the kingdom).

17. The true church is also called the church of the first born (Hebrews 12:22-24). The church of the firstborn is composed of those Christians who do not forfeit their rights of primogeniture by disobedience or unfaithfulness. Those who forfeit their birthright are demoted from the position of firstborn and become just subjects of the kingdom.

The above are a number of thoughts which have become convictions pertaining to the doctrine of the church.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2008, 03:08:35 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
The Super-State
by A. Edwin Wilson

THE SUPER-STATE

From time immemorial, Utopia has been a dream of the peoples of the world - a state. . . a place. . . a country in which all conditions would be perfect. The Bible speaks of a thousand years of peace - the millennial reign of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Of late, we have heard much of the New Deal, the Fair Deal, and the Great Society. These philosophies envision a time in which all nations, peoples and races will be one world, one language, one government, one church, one people, with one ruler.

Such a dream and hope is admirable because it is based upon Scripture. But man's efforts to bring into being such a state is doomed to failure, like an inherent weakness in a child with an inherited disease. This concept is good because of the need for a centralized government; a ruler with universal authority and complete control is absolutely essential to the welfare of the nations of the world. But before such a state can exist, there must be found a competent, supreme ruler to govern.

The question arises, Where is such a man to be found? There have been world rulers before now - Moses, Joshua, David, Solomon, Nebuchadnezzar, Cyrus, Darius, Alexander the Great, the Caesars. There have been others like Oliver Cromwell, Napoleon, Stalin, Hitler and Mussolini, who had aspirations of becoming world dictators. None of these ever succeeded in exercising complete control of any given area.

The population explosion has introduced problems so vast and complicated that no human brain can grasp them, much less master them. Each passing day, it becomes more and more evident that man is not going to be able to introduce a Super-State or the Great Society. No man appears on the horizon, capable of dealing with the situation as it now exists throughout the world. The slowness of the processes of "evolution" (?) renders it impossible for a man to evolve today to take control, and only destruction lies ahead.

The human race is not improving; instead, it is growing worse and worse, and the conditions existing in our cities today under the march of so-called civil rights reverts to the jungle and has none of the marks of civilization. The world is longing for, looking for and dreaming of a superman who will bring order out of this present chaos.

This hope for a superman is not a dream alone, because a Superman is in the offing. He not only is a Superman, He is a supernatural Man, He is the God-Man, prophesied in the Word of God, from Genesis 3:15 as the Seed of the woman who will crush the head of the serpent, on through the entire Bible. The world is longing for and looking for this Superman and He must be found; yea, He will be found.

The world will have a choice for a superman. He will be Satan's man and will be known as the anti-christ. The Lord God Almighty has a choice and His Man will be the Lord Jesus Christ. One of the sources of so much grief and sorrow in the world today is because of the conflict between these two messiahs, striving for the allegiance of men - Satan's false messiah, the anti-christ; and God's true Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Bible tells us that until the Lord Jesus Christ returns there will be no peace. There will be wars and rumors of wars. There will be continual conflict between the forces of unrighteousness (Satan's kingdom) and the forces of righteousness (Christ's kingdom), until those here upon the earth become so degenerate that the Lord will return in judgment, after which He will establish the Super-State which is known as the millennial reign of Christ, an actual reign of a thousand years here upon the earth.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2008, 03:23:18 AM »

Prophecy - Signs
Annual Time Periods. . . . . Of Man
by A. Edwin Wilson

ANNUAL TIME PERIODS. . . . . OF MAN

Accepting Bishop Ussher's date of the creation of Adam as being approximately 4000 B.C, we find time divided into three specific periods of years.

1. LUNAR YEAR, composed of 12 months, 29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes, 2.8 seconds each. Roughly speaking, this is 354 days, 8 hours, 48 minutes and 34 seconds; 6000 such years from 4000 B.C. came to a close about 1821-22.

2. The Bible speaks of the PROPHETIC YEAR of 12 months of 30 days each, or 360 days; 6000 prophetic years came to a close about 1911-12.

3. SOLAR YEAR: 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, 45-51 seconds; 6000 of these from 4000 B.C. will come to a close about 2001-02.

There are approximately 180 years between the end of the lunar 6000 and the solar. This 180 years definitely seems to be the time of the end. Practically all modern inventions have been discovered or have come into being since the close of the 6000th lunar year. The midnight cry - rediscovery of the truths of the second coming of Christ - came to pass about 1825. The increase of knowledge in the study of prophecy has taken place since then. The development of the internal combustion engine, resulting in the automobile and airplane, mass production of automobiles, and flights into space have all come within that period of time.

We are approaching the end of the 6000 solar years, but only God the Father, and Son and Holy Spirit knoweth the day and the year.

THE END

Notes:  Brothers and Sisters, I'm sure that you've seen a few personal notes in various locations. Overall, I think this is an excellent Bible Study on Prophecy. The author has made some fascinating connections with various portions of the Bible for many beautiful illustrations of TRUTH. I did mention that I disagree with some issues, but I certainly didn't mean to be overly critical. I'm still finishing this study, and I've enjoyed it tremendously. The issues of disagreement did not ruin the value of this study. At a minimum, it will cause you to think about many things in the Bible in a greatly expanded manner. If you take your time and carefully-prayerfully take this study, you will cover many areas of the Bible not mentioned in this study. In conclusion, I hope you do take this study and finish it. ENJOY!

I have provided a discussion thread for those of you who wish to discuss differences. I'm not nearly finished with the study, and I plan to take my time and enjoy this study. Many of us will share the same differences with the author, but the study is still well worth it and beautiful.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ariellamb

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2010, 09:09:48 AM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned here yet!

As in the days of Noah.....  The return of the Nephilim in the last days. We now have unnatural cloning as one acpect, along with reported space craft activity.

As in the times of Lot.... Homo sexuality,idleness,pleasure,wealth.

Homo sexuality has always been around as we know,was rampant in the old Roman empire and has descended upon us as with a flood in these last days.
But but never has it been in the churches before,often condoned by them as ok and even spoken of as a gift from god,small g.

These are two signs i am aware of of late.

The Word was God 'And the Word became flesh'
Perhaps the greatest truth a man can receive
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the