Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:40:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements
| |-+  ChristiansUnite and Announcements (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Fox Television says FCC Got it All Wrong; Televised Burlesque is Suitable for Ki
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fox Television says FCC Got it All Wrong; Televised Burlesque is Suitable for Ki  (Read 611 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2008, 11:20:08 AM »

Fox Television says FCC Got it All Wrong; Televised Burlesque is Suitable for Kids

by Staff
April 1, 2008

NEW YORK, (christiansunite.com) -- On Feb. 22, 2008 the FCC issued a Forfeiture Order against 13 Fox TV Network stations, determining that the stations violated the broadcast indecency law when they aired an episode of "Married By America" that focused on adult-only parties featuring sexually oriented entertainment provided by nude or semi-nude female and male "strippers." On Monday of this week, Fox TV stated that it would not pay its part of the $91,000 fine, asserting that the FCC decision is "arbitrary and capricious, inconsistent with precedent and patently unconstitutional."

Robert Peters, President of Morality in Media, had the following comments:

"The FCC is to be commended for issuing a Forfeiture Order against Fox TV Network stations for airing program content that one might expect to see in a burlesque show, not in a medium that reaches into almost every American home and at a time of day when most children are still watching TV.

"I still remember my father talking about burlesque when I was a child; but neither my father nor any other sane adult of the 'great generation' would have recommended moving the burlesque stage from an 'adults only' performance hall to a public park so that everyone could share in the good times.

"As MIM's long-time general counsel Paul McGeady once put it, 'TV...communications partake of the nature of a public thoroughfare (albeit an electromagnetic one), and what may be prohibited on the public street [or park] should be equally prohibited on TV...'

"Once upon a time, TV broadcasters understood that their audience consisted of a cross section of the community, including children of all ages, and acted accordingly.

"Today, broadcast TV networks could care less about who is exposed to their programming. All they care about is Nielsen ratings, which continue to decline in proportion to the degree that the networks trample on community standards, while parading under an ACLU- styled banner of 'free speech. '

"Despite their protestations, however, the problem is not that TV broadcasters can no longer discern community standards. The problem is that the networks no longer care about those standards.

"Nor is the problem that most Americans will no longer watch decent programming that uplifts or enriches the human spirit. The problem is that the media is dominated by individuals who have utter contempt for mainstream values and who confuse pushing the envelope with genuine creativity."

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion07026.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2007 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 03:22:48 PM »

Never really liked the Fox line ups...  FX channel is horrific....but I love their news....dang knab it.....why they got to go and ruin things by doing this?!

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 07:42:12 PM »

Brother Jerry,

I watch the Fox News Channel, but I don't think that I even know what this channel is. It doesn't sound like I want to find out.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the