Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Son on drugs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Son on drugs  (Read 2602 times)
Kristyn

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2008, 04:38:14 PM »

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this site and needed another place to turn to for support.  My son is doing drugs, marijuana and worse than that ecstasy.   I know he was doing marijuana the odd time and we dealt with it but it seems this past month he went down hill.  I've done everything I could think of doing for him.  Yesterday morning I felt like he will be hitting bottom anytime now.  He came home yesterday from school (he's 15) beat up from a fight.  I know the ecstasy is such a bad drug and we always discussed with him a long time what it could do to you so he knows all the facts on drugs.   The weekend is coming and I don't know what it will bring.  So maybe a little advice or support from someone who's been there would help.

Please keep him in your prayers I would appreciate if you read this to just say a quick prayer for him

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and respond

Kristyn
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 04:43:45 PM »

Hello Kristyn, and welcome to Christians Unite forum.

Yes I will keep your son in prayers. You need to have him go to counseling, for is addiction. Once smoked/snorted, ecstasy hooks for life. I can't stress enough to get your son into counseling.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 04:55:27 PM »

Hello Kritstyn,

Welcome to Christians unite forums. There are many wonderful Christians here that will gladly join you in prayer for your family in this situation. I say your entire family as such a thing as this has a very big effect on you all.

The best advice that I can give you is to do whatever it takes to get him off of the drugs. Drugs are a serious thing that takes some very serious actions before it becomes too late. Talking with him is not enough although it is important to do also. He needs counselling and I strongly suggest that you find a very good Christian counsellor that is experienced in handling this sort of thing. When I say do what it takes I mean to do just that. Remove him from the influence that he has allowed to drag him into this. Use the police to do so if you must. Yes, he will fight back and yes he will say things such as that he hates you for doing it. Doing anything less is just letting the drugs have the control and is just letting him commit suicide with them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 05:04:52 PM »

My prayers will be with you and your family.  You are having to face some serious actions.

Your child is only 15.  And you need to take control.  The advise is get him in councelling, the treatment has to start.  Get him in church.  You may face lots of resentment, lots of hatred and anger.  Your baby boy is going to tell you that he hates you and wishes you or he were dead.  There will be hurt and there will be pain.

But when you are Roger's age and you get to go visit your grandchildren and see your son, his wife, and their babies and the blessed life they are living.  Both you and your son will know it was worth it.  Just do not give up on him, but remember loving him and supporting him does not mean it is tolerating his actions.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 05:08:10 PM »

My prayers will be with you and your family.  You are having to face some serious actions.

Your child is only 15.  And you need to take control.  The advise is get him in councelling, the treatment has to start.  Get him in church.  You may face lots of resentment, lots of hatred and anger.  Your baby boy is going to tell you that he hates you and wishes you or he were dead.  There will be hurt and there will be pain.

But when you are Roger's age and you get to go visit your grandchildren and see your son, his wife, and their babies and the blessed life they are living.  Both you and your son will know it was worth it.  Just do not give up on him, but remember loving him and supporting him does not mean it is tolerating his actions.

Amen! It will indeed be worth it all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »

Hello Kristyn,

Sister, you and your family will be in my prayers.

I agree 100% with everything that's been said. This is a crisis and a very dangerous time for your son. I'm a retired police officer and have seen countless teens eaten alive by dope. I firmly believe this is a time for TOUGH LOVE. Forget for the time being about being a buddy or being popular with your child. I think the first step is to remove all privileges, lay the law down, and take control of every waking moment. You will most likely need help doing this, and I suggest that you get it. Ask for a police officer to visit your home whenever you suspect drugs are in your house. Find out what programs are available in your area and get in them.

School isn't nearly as important as getting this problem under control. He's already playing with life-threatening drugs that can kill with a single use, so this is extremely serious. Nothing can wait.

In the meantime, please know that many of us will be praying for you and your family.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 07:56:49 PM »

Just do not give up on him, but remember loving him and supporting him does not mean it is tolerating his actions.

This is so true, along with what everyone else has told you.  Tough Love.  It's not easy, but it is what is called for.  See if there are any Christian treatment facilities in your area and get him in one.  Christian counseling, yes.  If you can get him out of the school he is in, that would be good too.  Peer pressure is very powerful, so you need to get him away from it.  Anything else I could say would just be repeating the good advise that is already written here.  I would definately get him in to an in-patient treatment facility first.  Most insurances cover this.
You will be in my prayers.
In Christ,
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
ishi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 11:05:47 PM »

Kristin,i have prayed for your son,not only me but other brothers and sisters in CHRIST.
God has heard us,and our prayers has been answer.Your son shall be free of all addiction
In JESUS name AMEN.
faithgirl49

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 01:53:38 PM »

I agrree with Jerry and lift your son up in Jesus Name and ask that God Take the blinders off of your son. I also ask that if your son is not saved that God will send him somebody who will be able to minsiter God's word to him and bring him to salvation. IN Jesus Name I pray amen and amen
Faithgirl
Kristyn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 03:43:21 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers!    Smiley

My son (Jon) went on a missions trip up in Toronto for the weekend with a group from our church.  He came back a person who wants to clean up his life and serve God.  I know he is on a high right now and will face the same temptations as the week goes on so I will be praying constantly for him and strength.  A few youth leaders were impressed at how easily it was for him to talk to the homeless and the people who were on drugs.  I've known since he was in grade 8 that he had a heart for the people who were hurting and did a lot of counseling to his friends. 

God is good! I am excited to see what God does in his life.  I am truly amazed at what God has done in his life in this short time.

Praying is good!  Never stop

Kristyn
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 05:20:54 PM »

My prayers are continuing for him.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 10:29:32 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers!    :)

My son (Jon) went on a missions trip up in Toronto for the weekend with a group from our church.  He came back a person who wants to clean up his life and serve God.  I know he is on a high right now and will face the same temptations as the week goes on so I will be praying constantly for him and strength.  A few youth leaders were impressed at how easily it was for him to talk to the homeless and the people who were on drugs.  I've known since he was in grade 8 that he had a heart for the people who were hurting and did a lot of counseling to his friends. 

God is good! I am excited to see what God does in his life.  I am truly amazed at what God has done in his life in this short time.

Praying is good!  Never stop

Kristyn

Hello Kristyn,

I give thanks and will continue to keep your family in my prayers. Thanks for letting us know about the progress.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 12:01:29 AM »

I will continue to keep your son and family in my prayers.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the