Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:52:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Birthday Present
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Birthday Present  (Read 2782 times)
Littleboy

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2008, 12:46:42 PM »

I have some old freemason jewelery(late 1700's early 1800's)
I dont know if I've told you all before, But my family knew & fought with
G. Washington Before the Rev. War & after...
Most of the Framers of this Country were Freemasons,
Anyhow, I have this cane & ring that has a Dragon chasing the Sun,
and i  just now fiound out what and the world this was about(dragon & Sun).
It's a symbol from China of the Solar Eclipse,
And this year it will happen on my Birthday, 8/1/08...
I expect some catastrofic things to happen,
in times past, they(scientist) say that this peticular solar Eclipse brings
destruction with it!

Looks like I get a BIG Present From Father(God) this Year,
Thank You Father
YLBD
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:19:36 AM »

Expecting something bad from jewelery (solar eclipse)  would be a false prophecy Littleboy. God has spoken against this many times.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 03:51:33 PM »

Hi Brother,
I was just doing some research on some Jewelery i have.
That's how i found out about this Solar Eclipse on 8/1/08...
I did'nt MEAN to imply some Prophecy of Doom, Because of a Birthday present...

I'm EXPECTING it, Because of Our History that Shows  this peticular Solar event has alway's brought some type of Destruction,
Destruction comes from My Father...

I should have emphesized more on the Sun being Darkened, then the Destruction, that is only a Possibility...
YLBD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 08:18:05 PM »

What scientists are calling for destruction with this solar eclipse?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 12:47:29 AM »

I'll find the web site if i have the time.
It lists all the differant things that has happened IN THE PAST just before and/or after
this peticular Solar Eclipse in the PAST, NOT future...
Maybe scientist was the wrong label for the people that i saw & heard
stateing these things: Volcano's erupted & earthquakes have happened
Just pryor/after this Eclipse and it's all documented with historical facts.

Pastor roger You FORGOT the part just before scientist,

in times past, they(scientist) say that this peticular solar Eclipse brings
destruction with it.

This means to me, the past, NOT the one that is coming.

Maybe if I said has brought Destruction in the Past...
YLBD

Just like Hurricanes & tornado's have seasons, So do things such as this.
100 yr. floods and such, El Nino are perdictible events to a certain EXTENT.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 01:33:50 AM »

I would appreciate seeing that.

I didn't forget the "past" part. They way it was worded actually did indicate both past and future.

I would equate the effects a solar eclipse has on the earth to more like that of the moon's effect on the ocean tides so it is understandable that it could cause volcano eruptions and earthquakes. I wasn't thinking of those when you mentioned the solar eclipse causing destruction.

This particular solar eclipse is not supposed to be visible from the U.S. It is supposed to start over the North Eastern part of Canada and Greenland then across Europe to the far side of Russia.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 02:30:04 AM »

Sure no problem, I just seen something on t.v that is going to do a peice on it,
I missed when, but i believe it was the Discovery channel.
When i see it again, I'll let you know that too...

I did'nt mean to imply that there was Destruction or Darkness coming to America either, Sorry.

Only, the Fact that their is going to be an Eclipse on my Birthday & that History(ACCOURDING TO THESE PEOPLE
W/HISTORIC DOCUMENTS)
shows that this peticular Full Solar Eclipse that cycles around ever so often,
Brings some type of Destruction on the Earth...

I'm starting to think your reading alot more into this then necessary though...
I'M not trying to tell the future or anything like that...

Personally, I can't remember if anything BAD happened at or around the last full solar eclipse?
Nor does it concern me, Kinda sorry i even brought it up now...
YLBD

heatherchelle_2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 03:55:17 PM »

Dear Littleboy,
I've never heard of anything bad happening before, during, or after a solar eclipse, but then again I had never heard of there being different kinds of solar eclipses, either (aside from total and partial).  I think it's really cool that you're going to see an eclipse on your birthday.  Mount Saint Helens erupted on my birthday back in 1980.  It was scary seeing the ash falling on the news, but we had gorgeous sunsets for weeks after.  Have a good day!
Heather

xoxoxoxox Heather xoxoxoxox
Beloved Father God,
Help me befriend those who are lonely,
Help me comfort those who are hurting,
Help me do battle against the darkness,
And help me lead the way to You.
In Jesus' name, amen.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 11:07:24 PM »

Dear Littleboy,
I've never heard of anything bad happening before, during, or after a solar eclipse, but then again I had never heard of there being different kinds of solar eclipses, either (aside from total and partial).  I think it's really cool that you're going to see an eclipse on your birthday.  Mount Saint Helens erupted on my birthday back in 1980.  It was scary seeing the ash falling on the news, but we had gorgeous sunsets for weeks after.  Have a good day!
Heather

Hi Heather, and welcome to Christians Unite forum. I was up in Yakima, Washington when Mt. St. Helens erupted. I was stuck there for a week after the eruption. I still have ash, that fell on my car.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 06:12:20 PM »

Astrologer and anthropologist, Ian Thurnwald, examines the situation:
 Earthquake Hotspots
This is the last total eclipse of the Sun this century (1901 - 2000), and what's special about it (apart from the astrology) is that it passes over some of the most densely populated regions of the world. It also passes over some known hot-spots and regions which are prone to severe earthquakes.
 Eclipse Path
The eclipse path (the 112.3 km wide shadow cast by the Moon occulting the Sun) begins over the Atlantic ocean about 1,000 km off the coast of New York and moves across the ocean toward Europe. It then passes over the southern tip of Britain, northern France, southern Germany, Austria, and Hungary with the point of greatest eclipse occuring over the southern Carpathian Mountains (45N05 24E18) just NW of Bucharest, Romania. The waning eclipse then passes over the Black Sea, Turkey, northern Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and India, ending off the east coast of India. Maps of eclipse paths can be viewed at: NASA's Eclipse Home Page.
 Disruptive Effects
Solar eclipses don't often pass over populated areas, but when they do, they appear to have significant disruptive effects on the people and nations concerned (e.g., economic or political crises, civil unrest). Solar eclipses also seem to either trigger, or amplify, natural events in the regions they affect (e.g., severe weather, earthquakes). Whether this effect is an astrological one or not, is a moot point.

He was talking about the last one that happened in 1999, This one should'nt be any differant(Gods Will).
I still hav'nt seen it on t.v. again...
I did a transport form payson az. to Las Vegas, LONG drive, But Beautiful w/alot of snow
and i seen where that big pile-up was, Man o Man, Not good....
YLBD

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 07:43:52 PM »

Actually, brother, I am glad that you brought this subject up. It gives us a chance to dis-spell myths and bring into attention the portions of it that are false teachings.

First let's discuss Ian Thurnwald and others that are like him. Ian Thurnwald is a scientist but of the field of Anthropology and Social Work of which neither has anything to do with this subject. He bases his comments on this phenomena on astrology not a science. He is a self-taught astrologer at that. Astrology is not a science but rather the divination of the supposed influences of the stars and planets on human affairs and terrestrial events by their positions and aspects. While I find it interesting to look at the prospect of this association between a solar eclipse and it's effect on the earth we must be careful to not get our information from the wrong place. It is this (divination) that the Bible clearly tells us to avoid.

Total solar eclipses are rare events. Although they occur somewhere on Earth every 18 months on average, it has been estimated that they recur at any given place only once every 370 years, on average.

A good source for total solar eclipses is the NASA eclipse website. There we can see all of the historical solar eclipses, both those that are total and those that are annular. Their information is pretty extensive on the eclipses giving the complete date, time and magnitude of each one.  From there, using the dates and times given we can cross reference a search to see what disasters if any occurred in conjunction with them.

After some time spent on this it appears to be a hodge-podge mixture of a few having some disaster occurring at the time and many others having nothing occurring at all. Such information as this shows little to no association between total solar eclipses and given disasters.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 10:46:31 PM »

I don't know about him or follow any astrologers  or Scientist...
I do know he has a list of things that DID happen just pryor or after
the total Eclipse in 1999 & others, Earthquakes in turkey & many other thing.

It's like El Nino, We know that the weather patterns on Earth USUALLY change during this cycle, BUT, sometimes it Does'nt!
Is that False Teaching to say that "I EXPECT Destruction because of the fact that it Sometimes brings Destruction?

The moon has an effect on earth, Who's to say an Eclipse which involves the moon, Could'nt or Would'nt be any differant?
This man is not the only one that say's, that IT does have an Effect on the Earth.

ME, Personally, I don't know if a solar eclipse OR a Lunar eclipse has an effect on the Earth or Not, Sounds Logical to me though.

I Doubt if I'm in trouble(false teacher) for thinking that it could be possible for an Eclipse to have an effect on the Earth...
God knows I Love you, But come on Brother, Your taking what I said WAY to seriously.

Like I said in my Original statement:
I was just researching Info on some old Jewelery that I have from the late 1700's & 1800's
And this one ring and cane have a Dragon chasing a Sun on them.
When I researched the origin, it led me to a Chinesse site that gave me the History of it's
Symbles(Dragon & Sun).
Solar Eclipse is the Gist of it's History & the Fact that is on my Birthday is ALL that should be read into this...

When El Nino comes I'll be Sure NOT to say that I Expect some Destruction.
Sorry for poking fun, But this is getting silly...
I Love you as a Brother, So, I talk to you as my Brother, NO dis-respect intended!
YLBD

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 11:17:58 PM »

Brother, you are taking what I said the wrong way. I am not calling you a false teacher. You are simply relaying what you read and did not present it as fact but simply "what they said". I am simply trying to have a decent discussion with you about this subject and also using it to show others how easy it is for us all to get sucked into such teachings. This same method is used by evolutionists. A favorite creationist speaker/pastor of mine calls it brain washing.

Now let's take a look at this a little more closely and I would appreciate your assistance with this. I don't have that list that you mentioned of the supposed disasters that took place around the time of the 1999 total solar eclipse but I would venture that many of those same types of incidence has also taken place at a time when there was no eclipse and perhaps can even be found in greater frequency. Don't get me wrong, I do understand that the gravitational pull of the moon, sun and other planets do have some effect on what happens. I'm just saying that it does not occur according to what those people are saying, that a solar eclipse is not a means by which we can accurately prophecy what is going to happen. I say prophecy because that is exactly what they are doing, just as Al Gore is prophesying the demise of earth because of man made CO2 when in fact CO2 is a necessary gas and one this planet could actually use more of.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 11:46:37 PM »

This is starting to feel like a full time Job,
So i'm done.
YLBD

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 11:48:38 PM »

The work of the Lord is a full time job.  Wink

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the