Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:15:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Jill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jill  (Read 6215 times)
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 09:36:41 AM »

I'm a Turn or Burn, Kinda Man!
Grin  lol I loved that....

And there is nothing wrong with being that sort of person.  However as you have learned that method does not work for all people.  So that is why you also need to have some folks in the wings that are of a different sort that you can refer to...if the turn or burn does not work then bring in the gentler guns to try and do some work...maybe soften them up for you Smiley

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 10:28:30 AM »

The "turn or burn" does have it's place and has been used in my own witnessing just as the Love of Christ has. It is as the Lord leads for the Lord knows the hearts in ways that man never will.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 11:18:24 PM »

Grin  lol I loved that....

And there is nothing wrong with being that sort of person.  However as you have learned that method does not work for all people.  So that is why you also need to have some folks in the wings that are of a different sort that you can refer to...if the turn or burn does not work then bring in the gentler guns to try and do some work...maybe soften them up for you Smiley

Amen to that Brother, Good Cop Bad Cop Does work...
I also try to get the feel of the person, And i can usually tell
What angle to come at them from (Love or Wrath)...

I do hope that all is well with Jill,
Through your kindness Pastor, Maybe she will except Jesus as Lord & Saviour,
That would be and is my Prayer for her & her Family.( that the lord would work thru you)...
As you know Brother, ALL things are Possible after that.
YLBDS

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 10:24:11 AM »

My prayers are going out for Jill, and her family.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 09:33:19 PM »

Hello Dreamweaver,

Brother, it's great to see you and hear from you. I'm glad that you're feeling better. I think that a bunch of folks have had a dose of flu and associated illnesses. I think we had just about everyone in our city sick at least once, and some two and three times with various illnesses associated with the flu. Thankfully, the flu itself wasn't the really dangerous kind.

I think that it might have something to do with all of this GLOBAL WARMING and the MUCH COLDER THAN USUAL TEMPERATURES.

WELCOME BACK, but please do take care of yourself and don't get down with some kind of secondary infection.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Precious2God
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 09:43:34 PM »

Pastor Roger,  I have just read all this,  I'm so sorry I have been so wrapped up with everything in my life.  God is working with me though.    Please know that Jill and her family will be in my prayers as for you and your family as you witness to her. 
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 09:44:56 PM »

We just got back a while ago from the hospital. Jill's surgery seemed to go fine. She has more feeling and use of her arm now than she did before but neither one of her legs are responding yet. The Dr thought that the medications she is on to keep her somewhat immobile may have something to do with that.

We couldn't talk with her much as her throat is swollen shut and tubes down her throat because of this. They didn't get the bone graft back in place as of yet due to some more difficulties during surgery. They need to do another MRI to see if the bone graft is even possible and if it is they plan to put that in tomorrow.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 09:46:07 PM »

Pastor Roger,  I have just read all this,  I'm so sorry I have been so wrapped up with everything in my life.  God is working with me though.    Please know that Jill and her family will be in my prayers as for you and your family as you witness to her. 

Thank you, sister and everyone else. The prayers are most appreciated.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 11:03:36 PM »

We just got back a while ago from the hospital. Jill's surgery seemed to go fine. She has more feeling and use of her arm now than she did before but neither one of her legs are responding yet. The Dr thought that the medications she is on to keep her somewhat immobile may have something to do with that.

We couldn't talk with her much as her throat is swollen shut and tubes down her throat because of this. They didn't get the bone graft back in place as of yet due to some more difficulties during surgery. They need to do another MRI to see if the bone graft is even possible and if it is they plan to put that in tomorrow.

Brother, At least things are sounding much better than they were. I give thanks for the progress and will pray for more. Some of the things that the doctors can do these days is amazing. BUT, as usual - GOD does as HE pleases in Heaven and on Earth. I'll pray that HE uses this situation for GOOD and HIS GLORY.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:13-17 NASB  When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day -- things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 02:00:07 AM »

Give it time, Maybe when the swelling goes down,something will happen for her...
I would like to know if she is willing to Except Jesus or Not,
Thats the Most important thing that i could hear about.
As you know, whitout Jesus, NOTHING else matters...

I have a family member that lives in a wheelchair sucking air thru a tube like Christopher Reeves DID!
This is a rich kid that had anything he wanted in life,
He's my older cousin that i've been telling about Jesus since i was a Littleboy.
He now know's, the MOST important thing in Life is Jesus, And I am MOST thankful for that,
THAN ANYTHING ELSE...
Soon, God Willing I will go to him and see if his Faith is strong enough for him to walk Again,
If not now,to at least let him know that, he will walk again when we are renewed with Immortal Bodies.

Do you Believe, I MEAN really Believe that the Anointing of ones head & saying the Prayer of Faith
over someone can heal them?...I Do, Because Jesus said it was so.
IF you don't, why?
YLBD

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 09:55:09 PM »

I just got back from almost an entire day at the hospital. Jill had what the Dr hopes is the last of the surgeries. The screws and rods are holding good and so is the bone graft. She isn't able to talk and hasn't been able to since going into the hospital due to her throat being swollen shut from the surgeries and a breathing tube in her throat.

The family has been very receptive to hearing the good news of Jesus. The Dr is hoping to be able to remove the tubes tomorrow.

I forgot to mention that when she got out of surgery today that she had some feeling in her legs and was even able to move them a little bit.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 10:01:23 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 10:13:39 PM »

Still praying for Jill, and her family. I'm also praying for you brother, as you give Jill and all the Good News of Jesus.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 10:25:59 PM »

Hello Pastor Roger,

Brother, I'm happy to hear that the family is receiving the GOOD NEWS of CHRIST. This was one of my main hopes when hearing about the trials of this family. Lots of people are still accepting CHRIST and I give thanks. I'm also happy to hear about the progress after the surgery.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 06:16:05 PM »

Hello Pastor Roger,

Brother, I'm happy to hear that the family is receiving the GOOD NEWS of CHRIST. This was one of my main hopes when hearing about the trials of this family. Lots of people are still accepting CHRIST and I give thanks. I'm also happy to hear about the progress after the surgery.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 12:29:18 AM »

After battling an infection and the strain of so many surgeries in such a brief time, Jill was able to sit up and feed herself today for the first time. She was also able to hold a decent discussion for a brief period. The Dr is expecting to be able to start her physical therapy this coming Friday. Her husband was also able to leave the hospital and go home for the first time over night last night.

Thank you all for prayers for her. Please do continue though in praying for salvation for the entire family.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the