Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:51:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Jill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jill  (Read 6207 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:47:26 AM »

Please place Jill and her family in prayer. Nome of them know the Lord as their Saviour. My wife and I spent a good portion of the night at the hospital with them. Jill has a problem with the bones in her spine. It is a degenerative disease that she was born with. The disks in her neck have pinched the spinal cord. Because of this she cannot currently use one arm and leg which both twitch involuntarily and has no feeling. She went through emergency surgery for it but due to her condition they could only finish one side. They must now wait another week before being able to complete the surgery. She risks being permanently disabled and the upcoming surgery is quite risky also. Her Dr told the family that there is the possibility of losing the use of the other arm and leg and perhaps her vision with it. The family currently has no income due to this situation so no means to pay bills let alone those associated with this situation. Their current apartment is a small economy apartment on the second floor with no means to get a disabled person up a set of narrow, steep stairs.

Please pray for her health, a job for the husband, a suitable place to live and most important their salvation.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 09:02:46 AM »

Brother,

Jill and her family will definitely be in my prayers. I will pray especially that the Holy Spirit softens their hearts for the hearing of the GOOD NEWS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 09:11:30 AM »

Ditto

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »

It's hard for me to pray for people that i know who have Rejected The Lord & the Salvation he offers.
If its a sign that God is real? NO...
I cannot pray for people that seek OR need a sign to Believe...
You can tell them for me, this:
If you will only Believe, MY/Our Father will do unto you as you have asked,
But, Not until then will his ears be open unto them.
God Does'nt REWARD people who DENY his SON....

I will Pray that they Repent & seek him,
1st the Soul, then the Body...
1st seek God THEN the necessities of the Body are added unto the Believers...
YLBD

I TELL my OWN Family members this same thing:
HE Died for you, Deny him and You have NOTHING coming!(Except the Hot-tub from Hell)
I've never been "A Go-Along to Get-Along" Kinda Man, For Me, I'm a: "It IS what it IS"...

My real dad alway's told me to "Say what you mean & Mean what you say"

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 01:19:22 PM »

Mat 5:44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 02:18:34 PM »

I cry tears of sadness & do love them, even for Jill & her Family...
But that does'nt change the fact that the ears of our God are not open
to the UNbelievers of this World, Nor are his Rewards...
I am as my Father on this " I would have everyone come to the Glory of our God
& repent their sins", BUT, I know just as well as our God does, NOT ALL shall Repent,
Their are the Sheep & their are the Goats, The Believers & the UNbelievers,
The Children of God & the Children of Satan.
They will be divided, one to the Right & the other to the Left,
The Right enters the Kingdom of God & the Left enter The Lake of Fire.
IT'S NOT always with the pleasantries of Gods words that save a Man...

God also say's that it won't always be so, The sun & rain upon both the Godley & Ungodley,
In fact theirs a time coming when he will stop turning his face from the Ignorance of Man...

God knows MY Heart & how I feel.
 And I feel comfortable on The Rock I'm standing (Firm Foundation) on...
YLBD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 02:53:09 PM »

I cry tears of sadness & do love them, even for Jill & her Family...
But that does'nt change the fact that the ears of our God are not open
to the UNbelievers of this World, Nor are his Rewards...
I am as my Father on this " I would have everyone come to the Glory of our God
& repent their sins", BUT, I know just as well as our God does, NOT ALL shall Repent,
Their are the Sheep & their are the Goats, The Believers & the UNbelievers,
The Children of God & the Children of Satan.
They will be divided, one to the Right & the other to the Left,
The Right enters the Kingdom of God & the Left enter The Lake of Fire.
IT'S NOT always with the pleasantries of Gods words that save a Man...

God also say's that it won't always be so, The sun & rain upon both the Godley & Ungodley,
In fact theirs a time coming when he will stop turning his face from the Ignorance of Man...

God knows MY Heart & how I feel.
 And I feel comfortable on The Rock I'm standing (Firm Foundation) on...
YLBD

It is true that God will judge and make such decisions but is it for us to make a determination on who will come to Him and who will reject Him? Should we only show kindness to our brothers and sisters? Or should we pray for all and show charity to all as God has told us to do? Do you know for a fact that this family will reject Him or will come to Him through those witnessing to them? It is not them asking for the prayers or the handouts it is me that is doing that out of the love of God that I have for them and the desire that I have for them to come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. A desire that we should all have.

God specifically tells us to pray for them. Should we out of the hardness of our hearts say "They have rejected Christ so I will not pray for them"? or "I will ask God to bring wrath down on them and bring them to their knees so they will seek Him"? I pray that those who do will soften their hearts towards others and show the love that Christ did. After all He died on the cross for ALL MEN not just a few. He showed charity toward all men even those that rejected Him and hung Him on a cross.

We all were in these peoples shoes at one time, a sinner headed for an eternity of torment. Brother, I say this in love toward you also. You profess love for them yet in your own words you show despite toward them.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 05:57:22 PM »

Hello Littleboy,

GOD can and does use many situations to draw people to him. GOD can also work in and through willing Christians to do many things. We must remember that we were all lost at one time, and SOMEONE cared about us even then. The biggest thing we need to remember is CHRIST willingly giving HIS Life on the CROSS for evil men and women who had rejected him. This is the most precious event in History and the Ultimate example of GOD'S Grace and Love toward mankind.

We love HIM because HE first loved us, and we continue from here when we witness to the lost. CHRIST didn't die on the cross for just pretty good people or fairly good people. JESUS CHRIST died on the Cross for even the worst and most evil humans on this earth.

Brother, there is nothing improper about praying for the lost. The lost are our biggest concerns, and Christians around the world pray for them every day. This has nothing to do with us changing our positions against sin and evil. There are many things we can do for the lost and be 100% Biblically correct, and this includes prayer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:42:26 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 06:37:49 PM »

Pastor Roger:

I will agree with you in prayer for Jill, her situation and her family.

God hears the prayers of those who diligently seek Him.  We are called by God to intercede on behalf of others and the prayer of a righteous man, or woman, availeth much.

Please keep us posted and God Bless you and your wife for all of your wonderful service.     

Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 07:05:06 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers. Yes, I will gladly give updates as I get them.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 12:54:12 AM »

We're at the hospital again tonight. Jill was taken into emergency surgery again about an hour ago. We brought her son here so he could be with his dad while waiting for news on the surgery. The bone graft that was put in during a previous surgery came loose and a sharp edge was floating close to the spinal cord. When she gets out of this surgery she will have a neck frame put on her to hold her head and neck still as there is nothing left of the spine to support it.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 01:28:37 AM »

Pastor Roger,

Thanks for the update Brother. It sounds like Jill is going to have a hard time, even in a best case scenario. However, we all know that GOD works in many ways. There are other ailments in this family that might be cured during this difficult time. Knowing you, I know you consider this an opportunity to serve GOD, and I give thanks this family has a Christian friend to be with them during this difficult time.

I was also just thinking about my dear Mother who is 87 years old now. She dearly loves to do volunteer work at the SurgiCare Unit at the hospital every day. The hospital has told her she can do whatever she wants to as long as she doesn't get pushy. She also has to stop if the patient wants her to. The vast majority of the patients want to talk about the LORD, especially those who are scared of what might happen. She especially loves to work with the children. This is the driving forced that makes her enjoy getting up every morning. She loves this work so much that it makes her sad to miss a day. She's only had 3 or 4 people tell her they didn't want to talk or hear about the LORD in almost 10 years now. All she has to do is ask them and respect their wishes. Most of them are very happy to have her pray with them, and the children like to hear her sing. We think this volunteer work keeps her strong, happy, and joyful that the LORD is using her.

Brother, there isn't any surprise that there's joy and satisfaction for all of us in yielding to the Will of the LORD for HIS use. It's a joy like no other, and it becomes a wonderful addiction. Brother, please tell this family that many are praying for them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 1:1-4 NASB
What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life -- and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us -- what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.

Galatians 5:22-25 NASB
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Hebrews 12:1-2 NASB
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

James 1:2-4 NASB
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Philippians 2:1-2 NASB
Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:14:17 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 03:13:19 AM »

Not only is this an excellent opportunity to witness to the family but to others that are there in the hospital also. It is a Catholic hospital and so far no one there has objected to listening to me. I am fairly well known by most of the staff although it is a pretty big hospital, especially in the ICU, Critical Care and Children's wings. In fact some of the nurses see me on the floor and will ask me to see certain patients.

A little more update on Jill. She was in surgery for just about an hour. It went well considering her condition. The bone graft was removed. They didn't get the frame attached on her as they have to get a special ordered one made for her that has a ring that will fit her head. She is scheduled for surgery again on Monday when they are hoping to get supportive screws and rods in place on her spine as well as the brace frame. The Dr is not expecting her to regain full use of her arm and leg if any at all. There was quite a bit of damage to the spinal cord before he got to see her. He told the family that any movement regained will be a miracle from God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 06:26:01 AM »

Brother,

I know that things like this are physically and emotionally draining, but I also know that you will make a difference - AND GOD will use what is said and done in HIS Way and HIS Time. I'm convinced 1000% that GOD will use HIS WORD and it will never return void. We might not ever know the result, but there will be a result according to GOD'S Will and Purpose.

In the meantime, we can:

Love In Christ,
Tom

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »

Dear Brother it's Obvious you have a Differant calling than I do,
And what YOUR doing is a Wonderful thing for My/Our Father, No ? about that.

I think why I'm like this IS:
One day a good friend of mine in the USMC(MP)
was telling me what he was going to do when he got out.
I had just been prayed over & Blessed by Rev. Billy Graham
& I was telling him about the Lord & he did'nt want to hear it,
So it ended our Conversation.
The next morning there was a commotion in the Head(restroom),
It was my friend flopping around like a fish outta water & he Died right their on the Shower Floor,
Without Jesus!
As a Littleboy I've always been very Zealous when it came to the word of God,
This only made it so much more (some you'll save with Love & others with Fear)
The Love Story of Jesus does'nt work on the people i come across in life,
Personally, I've brought more people to the Lord by his Prophecies & the Wrath to Come,
Then anything else....
I'm a Turn or Burn, Kinda Man!
He Loves me just the way I am, Thank You Kindly...
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the