Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 06:56:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
277860 Posts in 26488 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Christian Graphics - CHANGED.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christian Graphics - CHANGED.  (Read 31557 times)
Suzi65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 12:43:46 PM »

Hello Again!
Thank you so much for sharing these fantastic graphics!!  ~hugs~  I was wondering if there were restrictions on sharing like this if your new like me..  I have some pretty awesome graphics I was blessed enough to find and Id love to share them also...

Suzi....
"Striving to be as faithful to my Lord as He is to me"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 01:20:11 PM »

As Brother Tom said in his first post in this thread, just make sure that you have permission to use them (i.e. copyrights, etc.) and it is a good idea to use a host that is set up for this purpose (i.e. Photobucket.com) for linking to. Other than that as long as they are good, clean graphics there should be no problem with posting them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 01:49:32 PM »

Hello Suzi,

The only restrictions on the graphics in this thread are posted as far as I know. I know they are for the ones made by Pastor Roger and myself. Most sites that have extra restrictions on the graphics are listed with them. The most common restrictions on Christian graphics are:  1) Non-commercial use - no money ever involved;  2) Don't claim them as your own;  3) Put them on your own server or computer and don't hot-link to bandwidth that someone else is paying for. The last one usually involves getting a free account on one of the photo servers like Photobucket or a large number of other servers that have free accounts. However, those free accounts are usually limited, and they quit serving when those limits are reached every month. If you do very much with graphics, you probably need a pay service of some sort. Medium use servers are about $25 a year, so they are very reasonable. Heavy use could cause that price to go WAY UP!

Some sites with Christian graphics do have restrictions other than the above. If so, they are usually prominently posted. If there are any restrictions other than the above, I don't copy them or use them at all. This makes it easy to remember. If you do use a graphic with higher restrictions for some special purpose, I firmly believe in honoring the wishes of the person who made the graphic. Generally, I think this is a pretty good description of restrictions that might apply on graphics. It's always possible on the Internet to get a graphic that isn't labeled properly or has not been made available for use by the author. If you become aware of a problem like this, I again firmly believe in honoring the wishes of the person who made the graphic. In conclusion, reasonable care and common sense are the best rules. If you make the graphics yourself - you make the rules.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »

Hello Suzi and All,

Here's a few more I just made recently. Please feel free to use them per the terms already mentioned:

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 08:32:17 PM »

Great graphics!!  Grin

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2008, 10:22:40 PM »

Hello GrammyLuv,

Thanks Sister, I'm glad that you like them. I've been playing with a graphics program called GIMP. I'm not nearly as comfortable with it yet as I was the program I used in Windows, but I'm going to keep trying. This is one thing that I had a really hard time adapting to when I dumped Windows forever. GIMP actually has about 3 times the power of my older Windows program, but complication usually accompanies power.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Suzi65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2008, 03:36:28 PM »

Tom and Pastor Rick,

Thank you both so much for answering my questions and sharing with everyone on this graphics thread.  They all look great!  I am very interested in online graphics and design.  I dont know much .. Undecided  but little by little Im figuring my html from my css...lol   As you both advised I want to let everyone know I did not make any of the following graphics just found them on different sites who also didnt mind sharing.  Hope everyone enjoys them as much as I have.

Suzi....
Suzi65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 04:00:20 PM »

Ummm  ok I got this alittle backwards..  I was trying to continue sharing a few graphics when I realized my original response was going to be on the post below  (  so Im gonna copy it here also...)   Embarrassed  as you guys will see I did say I didnt know much...lol  (no worries about me remaining humble God.)
Tom and Pastor Rick,

Thank you both so much for answering my questions and sharing with everyone on this graphics thread.  They all look great!  I am very interested in online graphics and design.  I dont know much ..   but little by little Im figuring my html from my css...lol   As you both advised I want to let everyone know I did not make any of the following graphics just found them on different sites who also didnt mind sharing.  Hope everyone enjoys them as much as I have.

Suzi....
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 07:08:10 PM »

You're most welcome. Those are some very nice graphics.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 04:05:27 AM »

Hello Suzi,

You're most welcome, and the graphics you shared are very nice. If you're using Windows and want to make some of your own, I recommend a very nice freeware graphics program called DeKnop Button Maker. It's available in many places and is very easy to use.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Suzi65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 02:15:24 PM »

Thank You Tom ~Hugs~
I located the graphics program and I now have it downloaded.  I have never worked much with actually making any graphics,  but Id love to learn how so that is great! I noticed in a state by state kind of way we are neighbors.  Gotta love the south huh?  lol well most of the time anyway  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 02:18:27 PM by Suzi65 » Logged

Suzi....
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2008, 02:46:30 PM »

Hello Suzi,

Yes Sister, we are neighbors. I live in far Southwest Oklahoma about 50 miles North of Texas. I've lived here all of my life and am pretty partial to this part of the country. We have our share of problems, but it's an overall nice place to live. Our family has had several nice vacations in Arkansas, and we think it's a beautiful place. One of the things we like the best about this part of the country is the friendly people.

Have fun with DeKnop. They have some really good tutorials and samples on the web site that will help you learn it much quicker. I suggest that you get the samples, makes several copies of each one, and adapt the samples for your first graphics. That helps to explain the program faster than anything I know of. Save all of your attempts because you can go back later and rework the same graphic. I think that you'll be surprised just how quickly you can produce a really nice looking graphic. You can make animated graphics by making a series of stills with Deknop and tying them together with the freeware Microsoft Animation Maker. HAVE FUN!

Love In Christ,
Tom

P.S. Here's an animated graphic I made for the e-Sword Bible Study package using the method above.

jeremiah7

Dr. Johnson Cherian MD. PhD.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2009, 10:46:26 AM »

Hello Suzi and All,

Here's a few more I just made recently. Please feel free to use them per the terms already mentioned:

Great graphics dear Tom, Jesus bless you now and always.

All my literarture & art work are free for non-commercial use on webpages & blogs.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2009, 12:49:22 PM »

Great graphics dear Tom, Jesus bless you now and always.

Hello Jeremiah7,

Brother, you're most welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I did forget to mention that there are lots of places to get really nice background photos or graphics. They are usually clearly labeled as to how they can be used. This is for anyone else reading this who may not be familiar with some of the problems. The best rule is simply to look on the page for copyright and use information. The majority of places are free for non-commercial use, so ZERO money involved prevents all kinds of problems.

I might or might not have mentioned that there are some outstanding photo collections paid for by tax payers. One example that I really like is the U.S. Fish and Wildlife photo collection. It's beautiful and HUGE.

One can also use plain colors and textures as backgrounds that look very nice in my opinion. I also probably didn't mention that even the little DeKnop program has some really nice effects that are pretty easy to learn in using gradients and various colors. Brother Jeremiah, I'm sure that you have many sophisticated tools for effects, and they really look nice in the Power-Point Graphics you just posted. You did convince me to try a graphics program with more capabilities, but I still must use the FREE variety. I'm going to try a high-rated Freeware Program called Paint.Net. It has many plugins available that are also FREE. I'm at least looking forward to trying it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:2-4 NLT  This Good News was promised long ago by God through his prophets in the holy Scriptures.  3  It is the Good News about his Son, Jesus, who came as a man, born into King David's royal family line.  4  And Jesus Christ our Lord was shown to be the Son of God when God powerfully raised him from the dead by means of the Holy Spirit.

jeremiah7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009, 06:57:17 AM »

GOOD MORNING BROTHER!

I have no idea how you did that, but it sure is pretty and unique. You have encouraged me to try some more graphics. They are relaxing and fun to do, but I'm pretty slow. I do have a few that I haven't posted yet, but I also haven't uploaded them to my Photobucket Account yet. Mine are simple compared to yours, but I still like doing them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 2:1-5 NASB  1  And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God.  2  For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.  3  I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling,  4  and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,  5  so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.

I used a software called Ulead Cool 3D for that dear Bro. Tom.
I keep learning by experimenting. Animations attract people to my site and then they often browse through the more important matter there. For me it's just like God used a burning bush to get Moses' attention. Hope you agree.

In Him,
Dr. Johnson

All my literarture & art work are free for non-commercial use on webpages & blogs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2016 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the