Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:13:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I've been so so so sick....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I've been so so so sick....  (Read 3981 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2008, 07:11:20 PM »

Hi everyone!  Boy have I missed you guys!  I have been off of work for over a week, 9 days in fact, with Pneumonia.  Ugly stuff.  I'm still not 100% but just couldn't face another day in my apartment!  Please pray for total healing and quickly!  I so tired of feeling so crummy.  Especially when we have been having such beautiful spring type weather up here in Seattle!  Praise God!  I haven't even got to have my little man in 2 weeks either and you know how that hurts the Grammy!
I will be packing up my things on my next days off next week and putting them in storage and will be staying at the mission until my apartment is ready.  Hopefully in April.
I may or may not have mentioned in the past that my dad has cancer really bad.  I think he might be thinking that his time is short as he sent each of us kids money last week.  He has started talking more about the Lord lately and has mentioned that he is going to church.  He has also called up my mom and appologised for being the nare-do-well that he was while they were married many, many moons ago.  Pray that he would seek God as his true saviour in these, his last days.

In Christ,
Sister Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 07:57:02 PM »

Hi sister. It's good to see you here again. I'm sorry to hear about you being so sick though. It is a nasty bug that is going around and so many have gotten it.

I'm also sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers will be with your whole family in these things.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:55:28 PM »

Hello Grammyluv,

You and your family will be in my prayers. The flu has gone though our family also. My brother and his wife have respiratory infections that are close to pneumonia. My wife and I got over it (I think) without any bigger problems. Large numbers on the forum and throughout this part of the world are sick.

Your dad will especially be in my prayers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 01:00:01 PM »

My Heart, Love & Prayers are with you all...
Stay strong Grammy, all will be as our Father wants it...
Hearing that your dad has called on our Father has made me cry Cry
with such joy, Im sure he has made the Angels in Heaven sing Praises unto our Father.
Im so proud of your Dad, What a good man to right the wrongs & give comfort to youor moms Heart, Praise God!
YLBD

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 04:48:39 PM »

Hi GrammyLuv:

I have missed you, especially on Bible Trivia. 

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. I certainly will pray for a complete and speedy recovery, so you get back to your little man.

I will also be in prayer for your dad. First, for certain salvation. Secondly, that if God chooses not to heal him here on earth, that he doesn't suffer.   

Love and Miss you, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 10:10:25 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers and blessings as I lift each of you up also!  I made it through my first night back at work and am back for more tonight.  The women welcomed me back warmly and let me know that I've been missed.  I have to say that I am looking forward to spending time living here again for a bit.  It will be a great re-fresher course in community living!  Back to the basics as it were.  May I never forget where I came from and how much the Lord has done for me! 

In Christ,
Grammyluv  Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 10:29:25 PM »

Hello Grammyluv and All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Pastor Roger is now down with the flu. He was taking care of other family members with it and got it himself. I think there are several varieties going around. My wife and I both had it. I thought I was over it at least twice, but I still have touches of it. I understand that the greatest care must be taken to avoid pneumonia and other more dangerous respiratory conditions. I think this also means being careful and taking care of yourself after you THINK that you're over it.

We've had wild weather conditions and all kinds of associated problems in our part of the country and others. We've been lucky here and only lost electricity a couple of times for very short periods of time. Some have gone without electricity for days or weeks, so it's hard to take care of yourself properly in these conditions. As far as I know, most of the people I know who are currently sick do have electricity still on. I'd like to ask that we all make this a matter of prayer. Many of our members are ill or disabled without the flu, so additional illness and other problems are difficult to deal with. GOD loves to hear our prayers, so let's pray for everyone who is ill or has other burdens to deal with.

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 12:16:46 AM »

Well I will certainly lift up PR and everyone else for that matter!  The pharmacist I talked to said they are seeing alot of the flu, that once you think you are over it, the bacteria is hanging on and turning into sinus infections, bronchial infections and pneumonia, as in my case.  It's a tough one to get rid off.  So lots of rest, fluids and HAND WASHING!  Very important.  I spent many years working in hospitals, so that's a big one for me anyway.  But then again, I got it anyhow, didn't I?

God Bless,
Grammyluv

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 10:27:57 AM »

I do appreciate the prayers. So far I haven't experienced this flu as others have. I haven't been hit by the fever that usually accompanies it, just the sinus drainage and lot's of coughing. I took some sinus medicine for that and spending more time in bed. Lot's of chicken noodle soup and hot tea with a smidgen of honey and lemon, too. I have always been pretty resilient against the flu, praising God for that. Virus' don't usually get a hold on me but those bacterial infections are another thing.

GOD loves to hear our prayers, so let's pray for everyone who is ill or has other burdens to deal with.   

Amen!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 07:11:51 PM »

I'm back!  Again!  Good Grief!  I came to work last weekend, thinking that I was on the mend and by Monday I was so sick that couldn't get out of bed!  Praise God, I really have been on the mend ever since though and I was able to get all my packing done too!  The movers will be to my place early tomorrow morning and it should be a breeze.
I hope everyone else that was sick is feeling better by now. 
We had beautiful spring-like weather here in Seattle and I'm more than ready for it.
Cheers,
Grammyluv  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 08:47:51 PM »

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better now.

We had a lot of snow and freezing rain last night here but before noon today it warmed up and it all melted away. Very spring-like here also today.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 09:29:47 AM »

Hello GrammyLuv,

Sister, I give thanks that you're feeling better. I've heard of a bunch of folks having a double dose of the flu, including me. Our weather here is beautiful right now, but the weatherman promised drastic changes tonight. I'll also give thanks that most of the flu I've heard about isn't life-threatening because we've had an epidemic of it here.

Sister, I think we got sick because we don't drink enough coffee.   Wink

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 01:33:25 PM »

Your prayers are welcome again.  I worked all weekend sick and I have decided to take the day off and get some rest.  I'll see ya'll Friday!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »

Hello Grammyluv,

Sister, I'm sorry to hear that you're sick again. You will be in our prayers. This is just one good reason why many of us stay in each other's prayers. Many of us do deal with illness and disability permanently, and I'm convinced that prayer does make this short life better.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the